Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What about for the people who don't want kids?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 101
What about for the people who don't want kids?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I wish I had known, the docs back when I was that age wouldn't take a chance on a patient changing his mind. I'm told, tho, superbowl weekend is the preferred date, since the patient has to sit around on the couch with a package of frozen peas in his lap anyway. might as well kill two birds with one stone, I guess. never did want kids, they're fun to make, but i'd rather not be around people who are by definition childish and immature. unless they have big boobs, then i'll pay for their dinner.

someone asked how out of work single moms pay for the $250,000 it costs to raise a kid before paying for college. Some of that comes from the public dole, some of that comes from using coupons and public libraries and consignment shops and other short cuts, and the rest comes from doing without.
 cooldog65
Msg: 111
view profile
History
What about for the people who don't want kids?
Posted: 7/11/2016 2:40:29 AM
I don't want kids. Period. Straightforward enough?
 memtoo
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/11/2016 6:16:06 AM

Where on earth did you find a doctor who would do such a thing?? A 21-year-old's brain isn't even finished developing.

That's a very good question. I know there are some doctors out there that will do anything for money . . . unnecessary surgeries just being one of those things . . . but a vasectomy on a 21 year old? holy Cow.

As for having kids . . . statistically, couples report greater unhappiness when they are raising kids than when they are not . . . but as a guy who was relatively neutral on having kids, I will say that through all of the female teenage angst you have to deal with when you have girls, my fondest memories are still of family outings when the kids were young and even now I look forward to family outings despite the kids being older.

You know, in the end, working and living just for yourself is not all that fulfilling. Which is why so many who cannot have kids end up adopting kids. Having a family is what makes the world go round. One first date after another . . . . not so much.

As for the cost, everybody who has kids manage to handle it one way or the other. If that means driving older cars or taking less vacations, so be it. None of that stuff really matters in the end.
 Maleman999
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/11/2016 6:37:55 AM

Where on earth did you find a doctor who would do such a thing?? A 21-year-old's brain isn't even finished developing.

Does the same reasoning apply if a 21 year old says he/she wants to have kids?
 dearrancher
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/11/2016 7:07:53 AM
You can find a doctor to do anything. There are a lot of 16 year old girls getting bigger and better boobs. Many get them as a grad gift before being sent off to college.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What about for the people who don't want kids?