Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Testing my IQ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 26
Testing my IQ...Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Like to hear some good stories but when somebody is testing you for an IQ it a big put off So according to him you said the right answer and so your IQ must be high? I would question his IQ at that point !
 BorderCollieMix
Msg: 27
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/5/2013 6:32:53 PM
FWIW, I've always thought that this question is itself quite odd and biased. Who thinks someone they have just SEEN is the love of their life? And I've imagined the scenario following the departure of the best friend/old lady. You try to start a conversation with the "love of your life," and s/he either blows you off or turns out to be a whacko. Now what?
 Gxmbayy2
Msg: 28
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/5/2013 7:16:19 PM
Am I the only one who would just keep driving? The old lady is hanging out with two competent adults....if she really needed immediate medical attention they are in a far superior position to assess that. As for my best friend....well you got yourself into that situation. You're probably not really my best friend though, just someone who looks like them as I drive past in my car. Not going to circle back to check because there's a nasty storm about and I've had another long day at work and just want to be home. And the love of my life who I've never spoken to can wait a little longer no doubt.

Does anyone else test or have you been tested while on a date?

Isn't this part of the point of dating (at least for the first few)?

Could we/should we add IQ to the age,weight how many ppl you slept with list???

If it's important to you then why not?
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 29
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/5/2013 8:18:34 PM
I've already had my IQ tested, thankyouverymuch.

There are different, creative and correct ways of handling this. Expecting only one "right" answer means that the "outside the box" questioner is really inside a box.
 hounddoug
Msg: 30
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/5/2013 8:26:46 PM
I wouldn't answer as expected, I would be askng what kind of two seater? Is it mine or a friends? And I think he was interrogating you more than wanting to tell a story.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/5/2013 8:27:13 PM
I would tell the interviewer to come up with something more original...google it, it's right there in yahoo answers...
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 32
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/5/2013 8:38:29 PM
I don't mind tests as long as its only once.

Once its plainly obvious, I would start to question the nature of the question: "I find your questions strange, like you're fishing for an answer, why can't you ask me what you want know of me instead if these stupid situational scenarios?

"If this is how you go about finding information from me, I'm the one that has to question your intellenge"
 scottey63
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/5/2013 8:51:15 PM
The love of my life...someone I have seen but never had the chance to speak to? What an absurd notion. Someone I don't know and have never spoken to couldn't possibly be the love of my life. At least not yet.

When I get the idea I'm being tested on a date is when I start looking for the door and a reason to end the date.
 OutMind
Msg: 34
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/6/2013 6:52:15 AM
Call an ambulance for the old lady. Wish my friend a great bus trip in which He/she gets to save a lot of fossil fuel money by sharing the ride, and offer the love of my life a ride.
 NinerV
Msg: 35
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/6/2013 1:09:06 PM
I was asked that question a few years ago in an inverview...

My reply was "make 3 trips"
 Chipsss
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/8/2013 11:39:15 AM
I would have got my calculator out and assigned a pi factor variable on all of them to work out the standard deviation. Once I have these figures I would then be able to work out the probability rate of the old lady not making it within the amount of time it would have taken to get her to hospital divided by the cubed root of 7,540.

For the friend I would have subtracted their pupillary distance (in mm) from how long they had already been waiting (in minutes), while the love of my life would be included as a variable ratio of a fractal extension based on the fibonacci sequence of numbers.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 37
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/8/2013 11:42:27 AM

I would have got my calculator out and assigned a pi factor variable on all of them to work out the standard deviation. Once I have these figures I would then be able to work out the probability rate of the old lady not making it within the amount of time it would have taken to get her to hospital divided by the cubed root of 7,540.

For the friend I would have subtracted their pupillary distance (in mm) from how long they had already been waiting (in minutes), while the love of my life would be included as a variable ratio of a fractal extension based on the fibonacci sequence of numbers.

I went all the way up to Calculus 3, and Physics 2, and what you wrote makes no mathematical sense. Then again you're probably kidding, muahahahaha
 brettmx
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/8/2013 4:42:44 PM
That's around 100 points total in Death Race 2000.
 gtomustang
Msg: 39
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/9/2013 9:51:48 AM
oooh, oooh, I know the answer! :)

give the keys to your best friend so he can drive the ol' lady, and stick around with the young lady to enjoy the romance of rain drilling the roof of the bus stop.

On the surface, the test seems to be a way for the asker to show off their own intelligence at knowing the answer. But I had a gf once who played 50 questions, b/c she lived in Ohio and I in CT and she wanted to get to know me before flying out (I had met 40 people F2F from that site, so she had people to ask ,but still wanted to know something more than just that and what she had seen me post before--she actually went thru the thousands I had made at that site, didn't even know I had that many, sheesh).

I don't care if people ask questions, at least they're interested in ME,not what's betwixt my knees :) Its the person who's staring at your body, NOT asking many questions, that might turn me off--unless she had a really great rack :) lol jk
 higherselfwithin1
Msg: 40
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/10/2013 3:14:21 PM
So many over anyllize such a simple scenario on a date. No one knows what the conversation was leading up to this different kind of a line. No one knows what level or topic these two were clicking on their date leading up to this line. It was a piece of conversation that lasted a few minutes out of a entire date. Seems the date went rather well from the details intitially put forth so I think this was just an amusing little story that was shared to give you all a chuckle. Saying the guy was a dumb ass sounds like it is coming from someone who wished he at least had a date to even experience that scenario. Keep trying
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/10/2013 3:36:41 PM
I would take the woman to the hospital and then I would probably need to find a new best friend as it's oblivious that my best friend is hitting on the love of my life, after all why else would they be at the bus stop together. Well that is unless he was hitting on the sick woman and the love of my life was trying to get my phone number from my best friend so I could pick her up, and take her to my place to warm up and dry off while my friend sweet talks the sick woman, after all I'm no c ock blocker.
 Cynderella
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/11/2013 3:25:09 PM
^^^Good one TuMuch.

Higher...funny thing, you are right tee hee.

He was no dunb ass...I had the pleasure of a second date.

Like I said very interesting fellow...
 platypus_man
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/17/2013 11:22:20 AM
I had never heard the OP's interview question, but had the right answer right away; and yet.....IQ tests only indicate whether you can function as a human calculator or an encyclopedia. Real life problems aren't always related to the same capabilities that are used in IQ tests; remember, the people who make the IQ tests are the same ones who are good at answering questions in IQ tests. The really smart people are the ones who are successful in all parts of their own lives, and, sadly, most of the people who are here on dating sites are just giving strong indications that, just by being here, we aren't among those really smart ones!
 seasplashinapodofone
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 8/22/2013 12:31:55 PM
if a test, point out the obvious answer then say:

assess, or take the old lady to hospital - shows taking responsibility and adult acceptance of delayed gratification, mature answer
leave best friend with love of your life - shows trust and a quick exit if they ain't a looker ;) what are wingmen for? ;)

A sense of humour and recognising several reasoned answers exist.

Just a thought.

p.s. I have a car that could take everyone; some cultures size doesn't matter, everyone gets a lift.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 9/10/2013 3:26:11 AM
That's a question about prioritizing/problem solving and nothing to do with IQ imo.

I would have had to give a humorous answer on a date.
It's in my nature.

Many service management seminars/schools would give us requests a supposed customer would ask for that they did not supply anything to grant them with and we have to come up with a "solution" to appease them.

Doesn't sound like a fun date to me.

It would come off as "Here is a magic wand ( a fork). Now you get to have anything you want to come true so wave it and wish" verses "Lets go hear Santana tonight and have a blast".

Sounds like his boxers are to tight for me.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 9/11/2013 4:40:49 AM

The love of my life...someone I have seen but never had the chance to speak to? What an absurd notion. Someone I don't know and have never spoken to couldn't possibly be the love of my life.

This.
I would also question my best friend, and "the love of my life" actions?
They see that old lady needed to go to a hospital but none of them calls 911?
 Maleman999
Msg: 47
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 9/20/2013 7:42:59 PM

I used to have Nigerians that would occasionally show up on Yahoo Chat claiming to be Americans.
...So, I would always come up with a question about the state they claimed to be from.

This reminds me visiting family in the U.S.-meanwhile I'm Canadian living in Canada.
When introduced to someone and telling them I'm from Canada, occasionally I got the response: "I know someone who is Canadian. Do you know Jim Smith (or whatever name)? After this happening a couple of times, I would play along and say: "Jim Smith? Of course I know him. I haven't seen him ages. How is the old fart doing? Have you talked to him lately? If you do, tell him I said Hi." Meanwhile, I have no idea who they're talking about.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 9/29/2013 7:12:14 PM
Sounds like he was trying to impress you and has low self esteem, and issues about his IQ. The last thing I want at a first meet or date to be tested.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/24/2017 2:26:59 PM
I would ask the love of my life and my best friend why the hell they hadn't called an ambulance for the old lady. Then called an ambulance. Give my love my number to call me later. Then I would make sure my friend wasn't driving himself home because he had to be drunk to be just standing there ready to watch that poor old lady die.
 Cynderella
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/24/2017 2:53:49 PM
^^^No doubt lol
I need that ambulance at this point I would fight that poor old lady for it.
*Hate Migraines
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Testing my IQ...