Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Testing my IQ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Zuglo65
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

The love of my life...someone I have seen but never had the chance to speak to? What an absurd notion. Someone I don't know and have never spoken to couldn't possibly be the love of my life.

This.
I would also question my best friend, and "the love of my life" actions?
They see that old lady needed to go to a hospital but none of them calls 911?
 seekin_luv
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 9/16/2013 6:11:28 PM
I used to have Nigerians that would occasionally show up on Yahoo Chat claiming to be Americans.

So, I would always come up with a question about the state they claimed to be from. Trying to obfuscate the question just enough to make it difficult for them to find the answer with a simple internet search.

For the Texan, I asked...
What is the Texas Motto? The Lone ...

For the Floridian I asked...
Who was Andrew?

For the one from Ohio...
What Ohio city was named after a famous explorer?

For the one from Kansas...
What state is Kansas City in?

Universally, the Nigerians claiming to be Americans fared poorly when asked simple questions about their own "state".
 seekin_luv
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 9/20/2013 7:16:09 PM
I don't really take IQ tests.

I know my PSAT and SAT scores... whew, that's been a few years. Perhaps some other standardized exams. But, I have no idea what my "IQ" is.

Oh, I found some conversion pages... SAT to IQ.

Anyway, I don't think you can boil the essence of a person down to a single number. But, I don't think the point of the post was about an IQ exam, but rather the idea of quizzing one's date about social and moral ideology in the form of a test.
 Maleman999
Msg: 54
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 9/20/2013 7:42:59 PM

I used to have Nigerians that would occasionally show up on Yahoo Chat claiming to be Americans.
...So, I would always come up with a question about the state they claimed to be from.

This reminds me visiting family in the U.S.-meanwhile I'm Canadian living in Canada.
When introduced to someone and telling them I'm from Canada, occasionally I got the response: "I know someone who is Canadian. Do you know Jim Smith (or whatever name)? After this happening a couple of times, I would play along and say: "Jim Smith? Of course I know him. I haven't seen him ages. How is the old fart doing? Have you talked to him lately? If you do, tell him I said Hi." Meanwhile, I have no idea who they're talking about.
 fi5h2521
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 9/29/2013 11:13:50 AM

Question: You are driving home from work on a very bad stormy night. You come across 3 ppl at a bus stop.

One very old lady...looking like she needs to go to the hospital asap...

Your very bestfriend in this world...

And the love of your life...someone you have seen but never had the chance to speak to.

You are in a two seater car, what do you do?

This "test" has been circulating around the internets for ages now.

Does anyone else test or have you been tested while on a date?

Can't say that I have.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 9/29/2013 7:12:14 PM
Sounds like he was trying to impress you and has low self esteem, and issues about his IQ. The last thing I want at a first meet or date to be tested.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/24/2017 2:26:59 PM
I would ask the love of my life and my best friend why the hell they hadn't called an ambulance for the old lady. Then called an ambulance. Give my love my number to call me later. Then I would make sure my friend wasn't driving himself home because he had to be drunk to be just standing there ready to watch that poor old lady die.
 Cynderella
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/24/2017 2:53:49 PM
^^^No doubt lol
I need that ambulance at this point I would fight that poor old lady for it.
*Hate Migraines
 gtomustang
Msg: 59
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/24/2017 2:55:14 PM
"Does anyone else test or have you been tested while on a date?"

>>>I thought this was the IQ test, to see who answered this rather than show off their IQ? :) lol

I've been tested a few times by ladies even before a date. Its a common theory among dating coaches that beautiful women seek a worthy partner from all the men hitting on them, so they'll "sh@t test", consciously or subconsciously throw up a roadblock just to see if the guy can handle it. And women who actually are just looking for sex, may tell their wild past just to see if the guy is "cool" enough to handle it or suffers the Madonna/whore complex.

I don't date men, so I have no idea if men test women.

"Could we/should we add IQ to the age, weight, how people you slept with etc list?"

>>>i'm not sure how many people would even know what to do with that information :) But I suspect the amount of misspellings in a profile accomplishes the same goal....
 forumslady
Msg: 60
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/24/2017 5:10:40 PM
Cynderella- IMO, that was a dumb test.
That's more a common sense test than an IQ test.
I've become a skilled listener. Part of that has to do with not hearing well, but mostly, over time, I've learned to listen well because people will tell you a lot about themselves just by what they say/talk about.
I don't bring up anything heavy the first couple of dates, but if I'm into the person and they are into me, somewhere around date 3, I'll ask questions that will let me know,by their answer, if they are dimwitted.
Of course, MANY, on dates one or two, make that easy to spot all on their own. ;)
 Nestaron
Msg: 61
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/24/2017 9:03:26 PM
That's not really an IQ test more like a bs situational test. An IQ test would be you say you traveled alot name the seven wonders of the world after they look at you like wth. You say that's what I thought haven't really traveled and site seen unless you seen them and really aren't that smart either. Kinda shuts them up when you give them a nice geography, history, or math question you got to laugh after and say see how does it feel.
 BLUEMISS
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/24/2017 9:10:47 PM
Someone is not very original because I just saw this scenario posted on Facebook last week.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/24/2017 10:07:09 PM
My best friend would not ride the bus. He'd have been home fixing his car.

The old lady would have hit her "Life alert" fob, and been to the hospital by now.

The love of my life wouldn't ride the bus for love nor money.

And I hate two seated cars, and would never have one.

Having a high IQ doesn't tell me how wise a person is. Nor does this stupid test.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 64
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/24/2017 11:08:41 PM
Sounds somewhat...condescending.
What other mental hoops will he have you jumping thru next?

Ascertaining a potential candidates intelligence migjt be necessary, but maybe done in a more subtle fashion?

Or maybe eveeyone should just carry a card with all their stats?
 gtomustang
Msg: 65
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/25/2017 6:47:13 AM
Come to think of it, the last gal I was with (14 yrs ago, so it took this long :) ) literally put me thru 50 questions in order to get to know me. Myself, I listen to someone tell me stories of their past, and as they lay out the scenario to explain how they handled it, I figure out how I would have reacted/responded and that's how I get to know them better. I don't mind someone wanting to know more about me than what my body looks like. HOW they do it can tell me something about them...and what's important to them. One of the questions the lass mentioned above asked me was, how long would I wait until her daughter called me daddy?

that seemed pretty simple to me...that's none of my business, its up to the child to know when its comfortable. She asked me if if was blowing smoke up her keister, b/c that was the perfect answer. and according to the tone of her voice, the one rarely given. i'm not sure if the rest of my answers mattered, she was ready to hop on a plane and fly out to meet me (LDR, met online). So maybe I don't mind these things when I win at them :)

like I think FL said, you don't have to ask a lot of questions if you know how to listen, and you make people feel at ease. People enjoy talking about themselves.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/25/2017 8:38:22 AM
Cynderella, I'm impressed!
You look the same now as when you first posted this thread, close to 4 years ago! (8/5/2013)
WOW, you go girl!

Now the answer to the question is........................
Wait a sec.
IF I'm driving home FROM work, in a 2 seater car, (Owned a red one, loved it) AND it is a "Dark and Stormy night", why would I be stopping at a bus stop?
Why would I WANT to stop at a bus stop?
It's a "very bad stormy night."

Hell, I'm doin' all I can to see where the hell the road is, watchin' for other cars, watchin' for stupid people crossing the street in front of me at a green light!
I'm prayin' to get home in one piece!
 IgottaName
Msg: 67
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/25/2017 9:29:47 AM
I take the elderly woman to the hospital and leave my back stabbing EX best friend and two timing EX love of my life sitting in the rain together!
 Nestaron
Msg: 68
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/25/2017 10:29:16 AM
The problem is you never move a person in distress unless you can identify it safe to do so. You dont know what the cause of her distress is and moving her can cause injury how do you know she dont have broken ribs, green stick fracture in her leg, spinal injury fact is you dont maybe she having an asthma attack. You move her into your car she dies you are charged for being the good Samaritan, you cause any more damage to her you are at fault. You call 911 stay there until they arrive incase first aide or CPR is needed dont try to be a hero just be a person who can provide assistance if needed.
 cooldog65
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/25/2017 10:30:47 AM

Cynderella, I'm impressed!
You look the same now as when you first posted this thread, close to 4 years ago! (8/5/2013)
WOW, you go girl!

Your main profile picture will show up on all of your posts made with current profile no matter how old. Since Cynderella has been here 10 years (Congratulations! ), her earliest posts will have the same pic.

You're right...she still has it going on in 2017.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/25/2017 10:45:23 AM
LMAO, really cooldog? I would have thought you knew me better, by now. I have been around here on and off for 7 years. I was kidding around with Cynderella, as well as, it is not often we have an original poster come around to add a post 4 years later.

It's all good, carry on!
 cooldog65
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/25/2017 11:17:00 AM
^^^^^My bad. The humor went right over my head. I had a "duh" moment...
 gtomustang
Msg: 72
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/25/2017 1:14:04 PM
IF I'm driving home FROM work, in a 2 seater car, (Owned a red one, loved it) AND it is a "Dark and Stormy night", why would I be stopping at a bus stop? Why would I WANT to stop at a bus stop? It's a "very bad stormy night."

---but your soulmate is there, and she's really hot. there's no better reason to test the brakes in the rain.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 73
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/25/2017 1:52:47 PM
what were the 50 questions GTO?
Never owned a 2 seater
 Cynderella
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/25/2017 3:28:45 PM
Thanks Lady in Red and Cool
It's the vampire in my blood line.
That may have been my last date from here too.
LMAO
 dragonbytes
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 3/31/2017 9:36:46 PM

what were the 50 questions GTO?
Never owned a 2 seater

I have owned two 2 seat cars , a Fiat X/9 and a Mazda RX7.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Testing my IQ...