Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Testing my IQ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 91
Testing my IQ...Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Ok, ok...
Can I ask you both questions?
Now that Im the dedicated co pilot and navigator...
and you two both sound like you love driving...
can either give me...
your five fave road trip...'driving' songs?
I have "Radio Love" as one of mine.
High music IQ can matter roo!
 Nestaron
Msg: 92
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 4/14/2017 1:42:26 PM
Favorite driving song would depend on the mood. Nice casual drive rolling through the hills and just sight seeing no particular place to go Chuck Berry. When I got in my 85 Camaro well now that called for some serious tune age "highway to hell" "shoot to thrill" Added a few pictures of the baby I sacrificed to raise my daughters had to decide which was more important. I didn't want my teenage daughters stealing her so I sold it instead.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 93
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 4/14/2017 2:18:51 PM
^^^Add to that Thunder. Sorry, big AC/DC fan, finally got to see themwhen I worked security at the SAARS concert.
Anything by Pantera works. Oh and 'Fuel' is an awesome traxk.

Wjwn I deobe I was only really im one mood... driving mood lol
And with all that stereo, tumes were a big thing for me while driving...
oh yeah. gto. 4.10s on 92 octane minimum meant many expensive trips to the gas station. I xould go thru four refills after a day of funning it up.
What was cool...was Sunday mornings. Id get up early, go have my coffee from my ba,cony, and look down to see my ex.... cleaning the rims, getting ready for the shine n show. Lotsa 50s music at those...but not my kinda driving music!
If youre driving with 4.10s , with a Hayes adjustable clutch and a B&M Ripper shifter? You need rock!
 gtomustang
Msg: 94
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 4/14/2017 2:19:09 PM
Yes, I like road feel, and driving old cars gives a lot :)

Out here, if you see something up ahead, its close up. otherwise it would be hidden behind a curve or blocked by a hill. I remember back in school a friend went out to I guess Arizona, saw a stoplight down the road and kept hitting the brakes thinking it was coming up. But it was very far down the road, they weren't used to being able to see that far.

thanks for the compliment, driving out in the areas you spoke of is on my bucket list. Hopefully when I do what i want done to one of mustangs, I take a long trip in the wintertime so i don't miss a car show. My state is so small only one highway has an exit 100, and then you're in the next state. I dated a woman from Minneapolis and couldn't imagine the highway exits were in the 200's. Even New Hampshire is big by our standards, you miss an exit here, there's a another one soon after it and you can almost double back on the side roads to the one you missed.

More trivia--dirt roads would be dragged with a "comb" behind a horse or tractor to be made smooth after the rains etc, so the "main drag" was likely the road into town since that's where the crops were sold. And "Drag race" may refer to the road recently dragged and relatively smoother. the only other surface back then for racing were the abandoned airplane strips built for patrolling the coast in WW2.

I'll go with Nestaron and say the road music depends upon the trip. back in my industrial/house/trance days, I made the mistake of listening to trance music on the way to Boston. not the way to stay awake, but the Chemical Brothers wasn't too bad. Driving home from work after a long day, i'd tune in "Afternoon jazz" from a local NPR station. laugh, but college radio way down at the left side of the dial was interesting b/c there was a wide range of music types that would come on.

My problem with any rockin' music is I have to set the cruise control so I won't get pulled over. Saliva's "Broken Sunday", Orgy's "Blue Monday", Foo Fighters "All My Life", Offpsring "Gone Away" you get the idea--you just want to start passing traffic and the next thing you know you're whipping and getting pulled over. And there are times something like DMX "Party Up" comes on and you just want to roll slow and go, "yeah, you're checkin' me out, I know it."

for laughs, you may like or hate these two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiV8RpqzME

(bet you love the video if not the music, i'd love to try one of those body suits one day)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caENELmIXvE

as lame as it sounds, sometimes Johnny Cash is good for toasting down the highway, y'know his folsom prison--I sing for the man in black stuff, not the later religious stuff. that's the closest i can get to country.

But oh yes, with a stick shift, I totally agree, rock music was made for rowing a long handled Hurst short throw with tight gates, and feel the back end slide out from under you in response. always said, the next best music to a woman's orgasm is the secondaries of a Quadrajet kicking in....bwwwwwuuhhhaaaaaaaaaaa-chirp!

uh, ahem, back to our regular scheduled programing.
 2ufo2
Msg: 95
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 4/14/2017 5:59:52 PM
Musically, I'm into a different drummer.
Classical.
Like Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture (with cannons!), Star Wars music, Rachmaninoff Rhapsody on Paganni, Angry Birds theme, Mendelssohn's Hebrides Overture...

Occasionally Johnny Cash and Abba.
But no one wants to drive with me then because I sing... badly.
Very badly.

I'm not sure we can even call it singing.
I also listen to (and sing along with) 'filk' music.
But that's a subgenre of a subgenre.
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 96
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 4/15/2017 6:28:50 AM
doubt it has anything to do with IQ

maybe about loyalty, and where your priorities fall?
 hemingway234
Msg: 97
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 4/15/2017 7:44:16 AM
Lots of people are looking for a unicorn. Good luck with that.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 98
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 4/15/2017 4:22:02 PM
^^^ or lookin for rheir intellectual counterpart. The more imtelligent you are, the more importance intelligence becomes, and if you really are 'smart' you might wanna test to see if the other person is up to speed.

I have a nifty word problem I use to identivfy the sharp knives
 ohenryx
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 4/16/2017 8:32:36 PM
The strangest question I was ever asked on a job interview:

What is a torque wrench, and what is it used for?

Bear in mind that I work in IT, Information Technology. A really strange question for someone applying for a job it IT.

And yes, I did know the answer. My father was an auto mechanic. I grew up hanging around dealership service departments and auto repair garages.

I used to have a blurb on my profile here, but I long since took it out, it never once got a remark or a question. Something along the lines of:

A very nice spring night. A 1970 Challenger convertible, with a 340 V8, headers, and turbo mufflers. The top down, driving back from Freeport to Houston, late at night, on a 2 lane blacktop road. The moon is full. The sound of my exhaust is bouncing back at me from the barns and farm buildings. Not driving too fast, just pushing it a little, just enough to hear the exhaust, to feel the acceleration push me back in the seat.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 100
Testing my IQ...
Posted: 4/16/2017 9:35:43 PM

A very nice spring night. A 1970 Challenger convertible, with a 340 V8, headers, and turbo mufflers. The top down, driving back from Freeport to Houston, late at night, on a 2 lane blacktop road. The moon is full. The sound of my exhaust is bouncing back at me from the barns and farm buildings. Not driving too fast, just pushing it a little, just enough to hear the exhaust, to feel the acceleration push me back in the seat.

Sounds like someone missed their calling.
You should be a writer.
I dunno but I could imagine this being narrated... by David Lee Roth lol
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Testing my IQ...