Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Employment and EthicsPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
there are no doubt a number of jobs i`d dislike doing, but, the bottom line is, we all have bills ( of varying severity) to pay, and its pounds and pennies that pay those bills, not and morals and scruples. :O)
 daver987654
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Employment and Ethics
Posted: 8/7/2013 1:05:23 AM
[quote
a) As Daver has pointed out he did not take up the appointment in South Africa because he disagreed with apartheid.

b) He didn't say that. He simply said he wouldn't work in SA when apartheid was going on.

Correct. I did not say that. However Oldbills inference was correct, my poor use of English, sorry.

I am talking about the late 70's when people like my self with skills in computing were highly sought after and were well paid in this country and even better abroad. I was not concerned for my safety and I would dearly have loved to work in a country which is I am told one of the most beautiful places on earth. I couldn't though work in a place where at the time people were segregated by skin colour and all that went with it.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Employment and Ethics
Posted: 8/7/2013 12:57:06 PM
I used to be Head chef at an exclusive Wedding location and walked away after a confrontation with the General Manager. He was pocketing the waitresses tip for the evening as well as pinching the expensive plonk provided by the Wedding party for the meet and greet and Wedding Breakfast toast to sell to the next wedding and over ringing the money stuck behind the bar for to start off the evening guests. It amounted to over a grand per Wedding and up to 4 Weddings per week.
He worked there for many years,but was sacked within 3 weeks of my leaving!
Should I have grassed him up to the owner, or just give vague answers to the owner and leave him to work it out on resigning?
The owner stated to me that he had full confidence in him!
 GeordieColin
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Employment and Ethics
Posted: 8/7/2013 1:14:01 PM
^^^^ I was asked to manage a restaurant in the early 90's by a very large company on condition I dumped my partner as we wished to manage together stating" Our costumers in the outer London area will not take to a manageress of her colour".
How short sighted and blind,huh?
 daver987654
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Employment and Ethics
Posted: 8/15/2013 5:20:54 AM
Well now that we are on to the poor, I would love to see this subsidy for renewable energy scrapped. Blenheim Palace are about to install a £180,000 water powered generator which will get a subsidy of £12,600 a year for 20 years on top of which they reckon to save another £5,600 a year in energy costs. The problem of course is that this subsidy has to come from somewhere and the only place is from all the rest of us.

It's the same for all these solar panels, great idea and great return on investment but it is the poorer people subsidising those people who have enough dosh to own their own home and be able to afford to install the system.

Sso I shouldn't (fat chance anyway) work for solar power companies or Blenheim Palace.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >