Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 21
Odd experience: has anyone had one like this?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Its a new way for men to pick up women, One of my sons friends told me that is how he sends out messages, he thinks it stands out from the other emails.

You will see more guys using this approach because some women do respond either with " did you get the right profile" or " I'm sorry I didn't know I was ignoring you."

Isn't that sad?

The term is "Negging", and it's nothing new. Men have been using it for years as way to elicit a response from women who might otherwise ignore them.

In message 15, I was going by the assumption that this man could be negging the OP, and that she might have a little fun with him---especially since his profile somewhat appealed to her.

If he wasn't negging her, and was seriously angry and hostile towards her, she would then proceed to block him.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Odd experience: has anyone had one like this?
Posted: 8/10/2013 12:17:36 AM
He is just another insane mental case. I get hate mail from insane, fat bald guys, because my profile states that I only want slim men with all their hair that are sane. Mental cases that are rejected and ignored just want attention and they try to prey upon and try to abuse whoever they can. You are just another victum these mental cases as this moron is trying to prey upon and abuse. Do NOT let this bother you. Simply block and report their abuse. I think you can only report it here after the same person has continue to harassed you. It is best to immediately block these people. People who get blocked alot eventually get deleted from this site.
I do wish we could actually report these insane abusive people like this, easier here than we can.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2013 3:26:04 AM
I get ..Are you here to tease?
Ignoring an e mail is now teasing?

They obviously have never been "teased" correctly by someone who knows how .

Delete/block/answer..Your choice

Funny that this type of e mail always seems to come from a profile with the fish as the major image in the main picture.
How fetching imagining that smell is to me.

Sweaty man with stinky fish is hard to get my nose around and take serious.

I think my next pic with be with an inflatable shark ( no smell) in grimy shorts, torn or plaid shirt and muddy feet.

It's hardly an odd thing on a dating site to receive e mails you don't want to answer nor from profiles you are not impressed with.
 DragonBits
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/10/2013 5:51:08 AM
I am sure there are a few people online that have later stage Alzheimer's, I wouldn't discount someone like that posting and emailing.

They become easily agitated, angry, and abusive -- often for no apparent reason, and they may have thought they talking to the OP before.

I met enough strange people before the Internet to just be careful and avoid them. One guy I knew used to sign his name Donald Duck, others even stranger.
 Like2dance
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2013 6:22:29 AM
Every once in a while I get a message from an apparently unhappy and somewhat deranged old woman who writes me the riot act. It does not happen often but it does happen. Some folks must be miserable enough to spend their time writing strangers scathing messages.
 NCgalinsearch4
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/11/2013 9:04:10 PM
OP, a decent man would not do that. So you now know he is not decent, he is a nut case.

Just don't reply to him, don't answer any of his emails, or block him. Problem solved.

BTW....Yes, I have had that happen to me on this site, twice. Never had it happen on any other site.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/12/2013 2:34:06 PM
Yes. I have had people write me who I have never interacted with who have tried to restart communication that was never originated.

I have had people get my number (used to be available when i ran my group) who called I thought initially for help or a referral for something divorce related, only to find out they were only in it to get my number and seek to solicit a date ho originated the call as a long lost friend only to finally admit they were a total stranger calling out of the blue.

Have had people rant at me for something I have never seen or heard from ever. Some try and collect on a date I never agreed to after interaction I never had, which were downright creepy.

And some have been worse than that.

I honestly dont' know if they were messing with my head to solicit a response or if they were bat crazy...

But it got old apologizing for not having a clue who someone was whose life I supposedly wrecked or being solicited for dates with people who I have no memory whatsoever of conversing with (and most of them made it sound like I had long interactions with them), so I learned it didn't matter if they were crazy or if they were messing with my head.

Either way, I couldn't let it get to me.

Know it's frustrating OP, but you can't let it get in YOUR head... just block, shake it off and know that some people's anger has nothing whatsoever to do with you. It is all about their own rage. You are a faceless convenient target, not their punching bag. So don't take the punch :)

Best of luck to you.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2013 4:55:11 PM
Over time your skin will get very thick. I've only had one really bad incident and I responded back to him "Thank you for letting me know what kind of man you really are." I don't recommend it for every situation but it worked for this one. He did get blocked.
 Walts
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/4/2013 5:01:26 PM

I get hate mail from insane, fat bald guys, because my profile states that I only want slim men with all their hair that are sane

Hair AND sane??????

Well aren't you asking for an awful lot.

I can see why the fatties would be so upset.
 NewYorkFan1
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/4/2013 5:38:25 PM
Hey Walts, I have got to admit, I do enjoy the humor you bring to the forums..
I remember a year ago, before I got off the forums for a long term/short term relationship that misfired, there were quite a few posters that brought the same type of humor and they were a lot more fun to read!!!
Thanks for keeping the forums still somewhat fun to read!!! Keep up the good work!

Sorry bout the off topic everyone!
 Like2dance
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2013 8:17:49 PM
I occasionally receive such lashings from female wack jobs. Just ignore them. Block them.

It seems there are many angry, bitter people out there.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >