Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 396
Do you care about a womans number ?Page 16 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
The way to Carnegie Hall looks a lot like insanity.

How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice practice practice.

What’s the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over an over, expecting a different result.

What’s the difference?

Practice is taking responsibility for your life.

Insanity is blaming others. Getting mired in doubt and sanctimony. There are no good women left blah blah blah…

ps: sig, having sex will be the biggest disappointment you ever had. You’ll lose your favorite story about yourself. Your only story I’ve heard so far. And all the self-pity. You ready to give that up?
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 397
Do you care about a womans number ?
Posted: 11/23/2013 10:53:13 AM
How about the same approach with the mallet head taken off of the mallet?

I personally a, find the story of never having had a date or having sex implausible at best, so I'm not QUITE sure I believe it... but IF it is, in fact, the truth, there is one approach that I don't believe has been tried as yet.

NOT busting every audience of his talk over the head with the info he has never had a date or sex with a woman.

When learning to play tennis, if you try to not hit the ball out, you are focused on out, and it goes out. Trying to NOT do a negative does not bring positive results. It reinforces the negative.

I would suggest trying to go one single day without uttering the statement "I have never gone on a date" or "I have never had sex with a woman'.

One day. Then, the next morning, try and go THAT day without saying it.

When talking to a woman, don't utter those words. Don't utter anything about yourself at ALL. Ask questions on HER.

When talking ABOUT a woman, don't utter those words. Don't utter anthing about yourself at all. Talk about HER.

Keep focusing on them as individuals, not them in context to you. You will be unreinforcing the negative that so totally clouds your mind.

The longer you do that, the more you will stpo associating them with rejection, the more you will stop associating them with the longed for (?) unattainable and will start seeing them as flesh and blood individuals with their own happiness, sadness, hurts, quirks and talents and difficulties that anyone else on the face of the earth has.

It will take away the mystique and make them HUMAN.

Once you start seeing them that way, TALK to them AS human.

Not for a date, but to get to know them, befriend them, learn about them, and give them a chance to know you AS a human, not a human rejection cushion.

It will be a mater of time before you have a coffee (don't even use the word date. Start with simple sharing of time, work up to the date once you're comfortable).

But if you LIKE the Cliff Claven fun fact of never having been out or had sex, at least quit shoving it in our faces. We are kind of over it :)

Good luck
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 398
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2013 12:15:29 PM

belgian.waffles and drinkthesunwithmyface, great routine.

That's what she told the two of us last night.
 aanarchist
Msg: 399
Posted: 11/27/2013 5:03:17 AM
The only number that matters is the number of functional synapses in her brain, if those are there in abundance and doing their job then the rest follows.
 Alphacuck
Msg: 400
Posted: 12/13/2013 1:10:46 PM
It depends....does she have a high number because she's secure with her sexual appetite or is she insecure and does it to feel accepted?

If she's well adjusted and unashamed of her sex drive and is also observant about safety/health issues then I say bring it on!

She would be my dream woman....especially if she was an otherwise great partner and wanted to continue adding to the number once we were together! Then again....I'm an admitted cuckold.

FWIW if she was the later...one that seeks validation to mask an insecurity....I would RUN, run away as fast as I could.
 sprocket562
Msg: 401
Posted: 12/13/2013 8:40:27 PM
nd we don't like demanding women either
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >