Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 132
Do you care about a womans number ?Page 5 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)

(AT) sometimes explaining things here feels like trying to teach the Queen's English to dolphins..

(MsMicki) Yeah.....'bout the same as trying to explain sarcasm and humor .....

I was at a comedy club once, and this drunk blonde was heckling the Emcee. He looked at her and said,, "I'd phuck some sense in to you, but I don't have that kind of stamina!"
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 133
Do you care about a womans number ?
Posted: 8/30/2013 9:09:46 AM

You couldn't be more wrong: there is a HUUUGE difference between a girl who has had a few/some/many previous sexual partners, and a girl who has been the town bicycle. You're assuming that *EITHER* a woman is virginal, *OR* that she has jumped between the sheets with every guy that looked at her.

I'm not assuming anything - I'm saying that in order to be 100% sure there are no guys before you you'd have to date a virgin, or skip the whole thing. I said that in response to the men who don't wish to be compared sexually to anyone before them, which unless she's never had sex before - isn't possible. It's going to happen. Not wanting to do anything sexually she learned from anyone previous (as was mentioned early on in the thread) is both unlikely and unrealistic - in most cases.

It means, that she's exhibiting behaviour that the poster has also seen being exhibited by some other women.

No sh** Sherlock. My question to that poster was "what kind of women are you referring to?"

Seems pretty straightforward. Approaching a problem logically doesn't require one to abandon common sense, or to ignore, or make issues of, universal linguistic expressions, and pretend that you have to have *EVERYTHING* explained to you at a Grade 3 level...

I only ask that one express themselves at least at a third grade level. Women like you is vague, subjective to the person who says it and could mean anything, for instance many of the women in the thread are from the west coast - but I doubt that's what the person who posted that meant. I asked for clarification from this particular person about what kind of woman he was referring to. I don't think I got a response either. When I get one I'll address it...thanks.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 134
Posted: 8/30/2013 9:21:47 AM

(AT) You couldn't be more wrong: there is a HUUUGE difference between a girl who has had a few/some/many previous sexual partners, and a girl who has been the town bicycle. You're assuming that *EITHER* a woman is virginal, *OR* that she has jumped between the sheets with every guy that looked at her.

(WIP) I'm not assuming anything - I'm saying that in order to be 100% sure there are no guys before you you'd have to date a virgin, or skip the whole thing.

You're dodging the original question, which was about a girl's numbers, not about how to secure a girl who has been unsullied by the touch of another man, and is virgo intacto (I've wanted to use that phrase since hearing it in a Michael Dudikoff movie in the late 80's -- thanks!)

(AT) Seems pretty straightforward. Approaching a problem logically doesn't require one to abandon common sense, or to ignore, or make issues of, universal linguistic expressions, and pretend that you have to have *EVERYTHING* explained to you at a Grade 3 level...

(WIP) I only ask that one express themselves at least at a third grade level. Women like you is vague, subjective to the person who says it and could mean anything, for instance many of the women in the thread are from the west coast - but I doubt that's what the person who posted that meant.

I doubt that the poster you were replying to was refering to women from the West Coast, either; and, given the context of this debate, it would be silly in the extreme to pretend not to know what demographic was being refered to. Y'kn0w, disingenuousness is a pretty immature debating tactic.

When I get one I'll address it...thanks.

You should be thanking me for all the free schooling I'm giving you in proper debating!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 135
Posted: 8/30/2013 9:36:48 AM

You're dodging the original question, which was about a girl's numbers, not about how to secure a girl who has been unsullied by the touch of another man, and is virgo intacto (I've wanted to use that phrase since hearing it in a Michael Dudikoff movie in the late 80's -- thanks!)

The post I made was in response to a point which departed from the original question by this poster and a few others - hey I didn't bring that up, trust me - if anything I found it ridiculous. A lot of the posts and responses here were separate from the original question, which is a woman's number (you know, like the subject title reads). What's your point? Make sure you let those people know they took a left from the topic while you're at it.

I doubt that the poster you were replying to was refering to women from the West Coast, either; and, given the context of this debate, it would be silly in the extreme to pretend not to know what demographic was being refered to. Y'kn0w, disingenuousness is a pretty immature debating tactic.

I could assume I know what he means, but my take on it may be nothing like what he's thinking - so asked for clarification which I at times like to do when addressing the person I'm talking to. Again, thanks for your assistance, but I'm good. Also, the thanks I posted earlier was dismissive - not literal, I should have clarified.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 137
Posted: 8/30/2013 11:16:21 AM
^^^In the sense of the one we're with now being better than the one we were with before, yes - why else would we be in the current relationship if the last one was better? Most don't date worse people as they go forward, that's pointless.

Women here haven't said they run a comparison list in their heads - but some of the men here stated that this is what we do. This is the context in which I posted that theory.
 Fleuron
Msg: 138
Posted: 8/30/2013 11:58:08 AM

I cannot possible see how a couple can discuss what they do or don't like without their being some inference to a past sexual experience!!

Too funny.

We could say something like, “I might like this, let’s try it and find out…” or “ Maybe that would feel good to me, I really wouldn’t know….” Gawd! I would NOT want to be in bed with a man who has no confidence in himself or his lovemaking skill with me….OR a man who is too worried about his colossal ego to sexually satisfy me by doing what I ask.

I mean, really? A woman whispers, “harder…deeper!” and he leaps out of bed accusing her of learning that from another man?? And I suppose women aren’t allowed to masturbate because it’s unladylike or emasculating or otherwise threatening to males?

No man has ever asked me how many sexual partners I’ve had, and apparently, it seems like those who do or would are the judgmental, hypocritical, emotionally immature ones women want to stay far far away from.

Hm. I wonder if all this insecurity and fear of comparison to past lovers has anything to do with having a dinky penis?
 SuperSaiyanGoku
Msg: 139
Posted: 8/30/2013 12:33:21 PM

I mean, really? A woman whispers, “harder…deeper!” and he leaps out of bed accusing her of learning that from another man??

Yikes! Harder? Deeper? There's a sign right there guys. A woman is so stretched out and loose that she needs it harder and deeper. I don't want ANY parts of a woman like that. Yuck!!
 Visionaryone
Msg: 140
Posted: 8/30/2013 12:59:28 PM
^^^^Yikes! Harder? Deeper? There's a sign right there guys. A woman is so stretched out and loose that she needs it harder and deeper. I don't want ANY parts of a woman like that.

We know there us only one way you guys achieve orgasms but OMG guess what?? Orgasms vary for every woman!! The horror and the gall!!!

1.Clitoral
2.Vaginal-only 25% of women have these because they have a short distance between their clitoris and urethreal meatus
3. G-spot-located just behind frontal wall if vagina, very intense and causes 'squirting'
4. A-spot-achieved by stimulating 3-4" deep in the front wall of the vagina
5. Deep spot-acheived by stimulating the deepest back wall of the vagina right before the cervix
6. U-spot-achieved by stimulating a small area that contains sensitive erectile tissue located directly above and on either side of the urethra opening
7. Breast-some women can orgasn by just having their breasts stimulated
8. Oral- includes kissing too
9. Skin-some women reach orgasm by touching their skin, getting a massage, or a facial
10. Mental-some women reach orgasms during auditory or visual stimulation like watching a movie or reading sexual content, or by watching others have sex

So you would be saying eewww to a woman that experiences the #5 type of orgasm in case you needed someone to break that down for you. But you probably figure a woman is a hoe if she can't cum from the #1-CLUELESS!!!!!
 MsMicki
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 1:06:35 PM

Yikes! Harder? Deeper? There's a sign right there guys. A woman is so stretched out and loose that she needs it harder and deeper. I don't want ANY parts of a woman like that. Yuck!!

Have you ever actually had sex???
And I mean sex with an actual, live woman....
Because your sexual ignorance is shine brightly!!
 SuperSaiyanGoku
Msg: 142
Posted: 8/30/2013 1:15:05 PM

So you would be saying eewww to a woman that experiences the #5 type of orgasm in case you needed someone to break that down for you. But you probably figure a woman is a hoe if she can't cum from the #1-CLUELESS!!!!!

I didn't need nor did I ask for anyone to break something down for me that I'm very familiar with. Actually, I figure a woman is a "hoe" (as you say it) if she's offended by men saying that they don't want to be with a woman long-term who has a history of sleeping around or who sleeps around. It's very telling when people react to the likes and dislikes of others. People tell on themselves all the time. Especially in person with their body language. All you have to do is pay attention. Ha!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 143
Posted: 8/30/2013 1:27:00 PM

A man with a small penis who has a bad sexual rhythm might hear something like this....nahhh there can't be any of THOSE out there, right?

I didn't need nor did I ask for anyone to break something down for me that I'm very familiar with. Actually, I figure a woman is a "hoe" (as you say it) if she's offended by men saying that they don't want to be with a woman long-term who has a history of sleeping around or who sleeps around. It's very telling when people react to the likes and dislikes of others. People tell on themselves all the time. Especially in person with their body language. All you have to do is pay attention. Ha!

You know, people can be offended by things that don't actually affect them directly. Empathy does exist...but if you want to take a broad brush and paint everyone in this thread who sees some form of misogyny and cringes (including some men) as whores, go right ahead. It's a lazy tactic that keeps you from actually having to look at each person separately (oh the horror).
 Visionaryone
Msg: 144
Posted: 8/30/2013 2:25:17 PM
didn't need nor did I ask for anyone to break something down for me that I'm very familiar with.

Clearly you're NOT VERY familiar or you would not have had a pre pubescent reaction to a woman that has vaginal orgasms!!!
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 2:45:05 PM
I think I'm going to have an orgasm of laughter reading threads like this.
 abmccray
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 2:53:14 PM

Have you ever actually had sex???
And I mean sex with an actual, live woman....
Because your sexual ignorance is shine brightly!!

Goku thought marriage was some kind of food, and would rather stay dead and fight people than live with his wife and kid, so...

(it's a joke on the character on which his username being based on being completely ignorant about sex himself as part of the plot to the series).
Msg: 147
Posted: 8/30/2013 3:53:05 PM
I think most women are like most guys! They will pretty much fu.ck anybody!!!
 jlynn1955
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 5:18:37 PM
Yikes! For a woman in her 40's, 15 is considered LOW? Oh boy, I have a lot of catching up to do...
 abmccray
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 5:43:56 PM
Yikes! For a woman in her 40's, 15 is considered LOW? Oh boy, I have a lot of catching up to do..

Depends on how many years she was single. Perennially single guys easily hit the 50-100 range by 30.
 lookinfouryoutoo
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 5:58:41 PM

Yikes! For a woman in her 40's, 15 is considered LOW? Oh boy, I have a lot of catching up to do...

I would consider that low for a woman in her 20's these days. Especially if she was being honest.
 Fleuron
Msg: 151
Posted: 8/30/2013 6:30:54 PM

I know, right? Aren’t girls so icky and yucky? Omg…..

Well it doesn’t matter what she says, anyway, because anything she suggests to you will prove she’s had sex before, and will……….COMPARE.. Probably better to stick with the blow up dolly….hopefully her rubber hasn’t been popped.

I would say EW to any man who said EW about ANYthing sexual! I’ve never known one! Thank gawd the men I’ve known have been normal and dirty!
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 152
Posted: 8/30/2013 6:53:07 PM

supersai: Well "I say" having more sexual partners doesn't equate to a woman more accurately knowing what she wants. A woman with few partners that has had more sex overall is more likely to know what she likes and doesn't like.

The problem is – fewer partners and more sex overall means she’s one of those loose-and-floppy types. Less sex overall – say a mere fifty one-night-stands per year plus a week of kegels in betweeen – would keep her plinky as an e-string, wouldn’t it? It’s not slutty when you’re doing it to please a man. And she still wouldn’t know what she wants. Win/win.
 lookinfouryoutoo
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 7:39:30 PM
This thread has gotten a bit silly. The OP asked, and like every other topic, some people feel one way, and some people feel another way. I, for one, do not like to date women who have slept around too much, and some men don't care. It's a matter of choice. I think the rest should be obvious at this point.
 elmuchoburrito
Msg: 154
Posted: 8/30/2013 8:24:50 PM
she must be easy
she said yes to me

next pedantic question.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 156
Posted: 8/31/2013 7:09:19 AM

(miami_man81) Until I was with them before you, then the 100% chance went down drasticallly for you ha.

Hmm, sounds like a disputation of my claim is being made here... we need some field trials, with lots of repititions of the experimentation, to minimize subjective error. Impartial 3rd parties would be required... ladies? Jump at this opportunity to participate in advancing science...
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 158
Posted: 8/31/2013 7:25:57 AM

(AT) I doubt that the poster you were replying to was refering to women from the West Coast, either; and, given the context of this debate, it would be silly in the extreme to pretend not to know what demographic was being refered to. Y'kn0w, disingenuousness is a pretty immature debating tactic.

(WIP) I could assume I know what he means ...

Or (crazy idea), instead of assuming, you could respond by taking the context of the debate into account, and phrasing your response accordingly. I'm sure that if you strayed from the subject too much, that he'd tell you. Or, you can keep on being disingenuous, thinking that it makes you seem smart. From my POV, it just makes you seem smug and smarmy, though.

Again, thanks for your assistance, but I'm good.

Yes, you normally are very good: reasonable, articulate, logical. Which is why I am a little confused by your veering into disingenuousness.

Also, the thanks I posted earlier was dismissive - not literal, I should have clarified.

Hey, I'll take a "thanks" however I can get it!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 159
Posted: 8/31/2013 9:23:37 AM
Ha...we go back and forth a lot here. Anyway...

Or (crazy idea), instead of assuming, you could respond by taking the context of the debate into account, and phrasing your response accordingly. I'm sure that if you strayed from the subject too much, that he'd tell you. Or, you can keep on being disingenuous, thinking that it makes you seem smart. From my POV, it just makes you seem smug and smarmy, though...I am a little confused by your veering into dis-ingenuousness.

In no way was I trying to do anything but be sure I knew what he meant. Whenever I hear "people/men/women/etc 'like you' " in a discussion or something similar which seems to group a bunch together I tend to stop and ask what type of people/men/women that person is referring to - to me it's important when trying to understand their point of view. If I don't ask, I'm assuming I know - and I don't. Period.

Personally I think you feel it makes you look more intelligent here to point out something about me you feel you know but I can't figure out about myself. You can certainly take my question the way you want if it makes your day, AT - even if it's not what's actually happening.

Personally OT - I understand not wanting to sleep with someone who's slept with hundreds male or female, as earlier in the thread it was mentioned that it speaks volumes about a person's judgement. I also understand wanting to know why a person slept with how many they did, because it makes a difference. Generally, though I believe outside protecting sexual health - it's not someone's business who or how many you slept with...and in the end it's a Pandora's Box situation. Ignorance is bliss so long as that person is really with you and has practiced safe sex (things that can be determined without having the number conversation).

My only real issue in this thread is seeing guys posting about not wanting to repeat or do anything with someone they're dating that she learned from someone or somewhere else. It makes no sense to have that expectation in a typical dating environment. To find a woman who's had this many lovers but not more than that many (and the number depends on the guy you're talking to) is not an easy thing to find. But...if men are willing to search for it so be it.

I'm also against bashing those you don't prefer to associate with, date or sleep with as wrong or bad. Date who you want, but live and let live - those who do things differently than you are unless they are hurting someone or breaking the law aren't bad or wrong, just different.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >