Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Seemingly good first dates, no second dates      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MikeTO12345
Msg: 136
Seemingly good first dates, no second datesPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
This is nothing new online or real life. I know a guy dated over 15 women before dating someone seriously.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 137
Seemingly good first dates, no second dates
Posted: 4/20/2014 7:57:29 PM
You have the confidence to be yourself and never feel bad for being rejected for that. That being said, be grateful you didn't have a week of mind blowing experiences for a week and then get rejected for no connection.

You know, the instant relationship, try you on for a few days, and then dump you. That is much more hurtful then no 2nd date.
 Jackplug
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2014 5:12:02 AM
I had a date at the weekend, we spoke on the phone for ages, we had lots in common, we swopped photos and selfies for a week. We met up and it was great, just where we left off. Date ended we kissed and that was it, never heard from her again!

Known mysteries of the world should just be the woman and as for the rest, I'm sure we will figure them out eventually!
 Jackplug
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2014 11:08:54 PM
She never answered my txt or calls or messages on here.
 Friendsfirst58
Msg: 140
Posted: 5/1/2014 3:20:51 PM

"I had a lot of fun, but I just didn't feel a connection/there was no spark, good luck with your search".

It's rare if I even get that courtesy. Usually, they just disappear. So I have decided to get back to the old fashioned way of just greeting a woman in person if I think is attractive, and if she is not apprehensive about men, I will engage her in some topical conversation and see where that takes us, just like my Dad did before the internet and smart phones created this wedge between the genders.
 JohnX1200
Msg: 141
Posted: 5/2/2014 4:35:03 PM
Eh, don't know if anyone is reading replies by now. Here's the key to SUCCESS from start to finish:

Are you ready?

The answer for both sexes is: Don't **** out after the first setback

The only answer you should accept, and yes YOU NEED TO ACCEPT, is a flat: "NO"

If the word "NO" is not in the sentence, keep prodding for weakness and pushing.

*edit* yea you do need to give her some breathing room after she puts up a wall, to give her a chance to feel comfortable again but then it's back to pushing.

Everyone is like, "I don't want to be a stalker, or seem desperate". The truth is, everyone has a wall that you need to get past. Do you think kings would win battles if they quit after one of their men died trying to climb a castle wall? Same thing for success in a relationship. Also, get a thick skin, because if you push, the truth will come out. They'll really tell you why they don't ever want to see you again. Rather than take it personal, just learn from it and improve.

Finally, talk to someone who is successful at dates, not random internet forums full of people who are often here because they are not successful and are in the same boat as you.

I'll give you a tip though, if you want to make that special 'spark' on the first date. You HAVE TO TOUCH HER. I don't mean inappropriately, and I don't mean a kiss. It can be simple, a brush of the hand and a smile. You also need to make eye contact when you do it.

Getting the timing right is the real trick though, that takes practice. Anyway, hopes that helps for anyone that reads.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 142
Posted: 5/3/2014 9:11:34 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ditto. I've done that when I first started dating. Why? I wasn't ready to date yet and realized it's immature to lead people on.

Too many people jumping into the dating pool that aren't ready yet. It honestly comes across like an ego boosting thing. You know, wow, somebody finds me attractive and I don't have to risk being vulnerable with them.
 KYYSS
Msg: 143
Posted: 5/5/2014 2:47:53 PM
I always show up on time, dress decently, keep my mouth shut and let things develop naturally, don't grab on for hugs or kisses, pay my own way, blah, blah, blah.

I think it's just the internet thing. There is always the potential of something bigger and better waiting right around the corner and I think men are just wired to keep looking for their perfect 10.

As far as women? Maybe the same way for them- but while men are hooked on looks and being thin, I think women are looking for handsome and someone with ways and means about them- mostly someone who has money.

I do go on dates where the guy wants to go out again, but for me there usually isn't any connection physically or I've had one or two who were couch surfers and I don't live that lifestyle, so they didn't appeal to me.

If I have a physical connection to someone, these are always the ones who disappear. Every. Single. Time.

I would like to stick to real world dating too, but as much as I go about, I just don't meet anyone- I don't think I've been anywhere in my life, even when I was younger where I met single men, so it seems the internet is pretty much my only option, that what sucks about it.
 KYYSS
Msg: 144
Posted: 5/5/2014 2:50:32 PM
That's why I don't know why people waste so much time texting and talking on the phone before meeting.

CHEMISTRY is either there or it isn't (attraction, awful hard to tell in photos if it's there) and the longer you put off meeting, the more chance one or the other of you will be disappointed when you actually do meet.

I always say meet up front after a couple of emails- in person meeting is the best way to go. Less disappointing if the other party isn't interested.

When you build up three weeks worth of phone calls, texts and selfies, then meet in person and it goes over like a lead balloon, then one of you is left wondering what went wrong-
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Seemingly good first dates, no second dates