Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Recently sober      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nihil83
Msg: 23
Recently soberPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
truly sorry to hear about your wife but i have to disagree with the "fastest growing segment in state and hospital substance abuse wards are those mj users who are now experiencing mania and depression". if you are going to say something so accusatory might i suggest a link to the research for this opinion. Mania and depression have been around long before marijuanna and are mental disorders which many of the population do have without the help of any drugs whatsoever.
 AnEvilGenius1
Msg: 24
Recently sober
Posted: 9/6/2013 10:39:45 PM
1.) There are NO rules in A.A.
2.) A.A. has never failed anyone, but many have failed themselves.
3.) Regardless of how awesome Mj is, when dealing with any problem one should solve the first not replace it with another.
 Aura1shine
Msg: 25
Recently sober
Posted: 9/7/2013 1:21:17 AM
OP: Congrats for realization that drinking and doing something for fun till you have to stop.

I think "BillingsMason" hit the nail and got many good ideas for you>>> OP to consider a changing venue for fun. You can be "the guy" for any party that members are sober as long as you are intend to do. I have encounter so many who is a center for attention in the group due to his/her nature of quick wits, charms, leader quality, etc....BUT no alcohol involved.

So you can see that many strangers on POFs' forum all support and encourage you for the right direction.

MJ is also an addictive neurotransmitter that has an effect on altering of perception. The long term use is more damaging than a beneficial one. Why would you substitute one demon to another?

Take all of the well wishers' words here for consideration to guide your way to success. And girls will follow. Good Luck!
 AnEvilGenius1
Msg: 26
Recently sober
Posted: 9/7/2013 6:18:52 AM

So you can see that many strangers on POFs' forum all support and encourage you for the right direction.

Which amazes me based on the comments made in threads where a partner or could be partner of a poster is in AA.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 27
Recently sober
Posted: 9/7/2013 6:35:05 AM
How True Evil....Shows how many people have been effected by this problem.
I think, I have mentioned before....My late husband had just quit drinking before I met him.... a complete personality change when he was a drunk...apparently he was just mean.
After a few impaired charges...he quit...He was young too...in his late 20's.
It did start as a court order and he maintained his sobriety for all the years we were together.
And agree....do not replace another drug...
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 28
Recently sober
Posted: 9/7/2013 9:27:02 AM
Do your court ordered mandatory rehab time. Maybe your mindset will change if you become serious about sobering up & continue it. Definitely not there now with statements like "creep lurking in an AA meeting for girls" if this is at the forefront of your thoughts.

Also troubling that you measure your self worth "as a fun guy" only with booze too. Fixing you should be your sole goal for now. You bring a lot of baggage to the dating table & especially since it's so recent. Most avoid projects & that kind of rejection in itself is enough to send you back to the bottle.
 sxymiss32
Msg: 29
Recently sober
Posted: 9/7/2013 11:11:12 AM
I applaud you for realizing you had a problem and have taken the necessary steps to get healthy and sober. That's very responsible of you. That takes much courage and strength.

I think you should focus on yourself at the moment and get to know your needs and wants from life and from a future relationship. Get to know who you are as a person.
 Aura1shine
Msg: 30
Recently sober
Posted: 9/7/2013 1:05:52 PM

Which amazes me based on the comments made in threads where a partner or could be partner of a poster is in AA.

Seem to me that is the only environment the OP used to associate with how to get a date. He has to acquire a new mind set of new different environments than the one he is accustomed to.
 AnEvilGenius1
Msg: 31
Recently sober
Posted: 9/7/2013 9:37:29 PM

Seem to me that is the only environment the OP used to associate with how to get a date. He has to acquire a new mind set of new different environments than the one he is accustomed to.

I very much understand that, my point was how nice everyone is being, considering how they will view him in a year or 3 when someone that might want to date him starts a thread about dating someone in recovery/attending AA meetings.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Recently sober
Posted: 9/8/2013 11:36:13 AM
I'm in recovery and attend AA meetings, and I've never had a problem with dating because of it.
 Melannie1
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Recently sober
Posted: 9/11/2013 4:16:19 AM
Hi murpkcco! Well done to decide to quit drinking!!! What sort of activities are you into so you can meet others to date? M.
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 34
Recently sober
Posted: 9/11/2013 8:21:58 AM
seems like you are not having fun anymore after quitting drinking part. First learn to enjoy this time and once it comes naturally then go dating .
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Recently sober