Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > What music makes you feel the most intensely?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bamagrl68
Msg: 22
What music makes you feel the most intensely?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
moonbeamlover- It depends on the emotion I want to invoke.
If I want to relax, it's classical.
If I want to be excited I turn to rock.
If I really want to FEEL, it's got to be the blues.
I've had some awesome moments at concerts.
Heart is fantastic, Metallica never fails to deliver, Journey takes me back to my teens/the 80's, the best concert by far was AC/DC. BB king came to Bayfest years ago, but I didn't get to go, I hope to see him before he retires, the best bet to take your children with you for their first concert, for me, is Lynard Skynard (sp?), LOVE THEM, I know almost all their songs by heart (my favorite is Curtis Lowe). Either them or Journey, I saw them last year with two of my children and they knew all the words! Mom did good :)
 aanarchist
Msg: 23
What music makes you feel the most intensely?
Posted: 11/15/2013 9:00:55 PM
music that has a clear message, whether it's through the lyrics or through instrumentals. like two of my favorite artists are a rapper and an alternative metal band, both spread the same message in their own way and as such touch me with equal intensity in their own way.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/23/2013 11:05:45 AM
Last night saw Sir Elton John at the Excel in St. Paul.

And every note of it was INCREDIBLE. He always has a way of making me feel, making me dance, or moving me.

His singing about the soldiers in oceans away while my daughter is still deployed and also oceans away made me feel,

I am a lifelong musician who grew up on a piano and have sang my entire life; but what he does with his voice and piano is SPECIAL.

His energy level blows my mind; and he was supposed to have a two hour exactly set, and he was up there almost three hours,

including dedicating a song to a man he had never met with hodgkins lymphoma, and having the guy jump on stage and hug him on his right arm while he played piano and sang with his left Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me. INCREDIBLE.

Last night, I laughed, cried, yelled, sang, and smiled ear to ear every note from eight o'clock to eleven. HIS music makes me feel intensely; and his concerts bring me unbelievable joy.

What a gift he is. I am going to be on this high for a while.
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2014 8:33:26 AM
depends on my mood at the time, as sometimes its tiesto with trance or pachebell in d major, or yanni, my moods and emotions at the time reflects how music affects me
 Rocket-ship
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/4/2014 11:15:56 AM
I like the singer Steve Perry, that used to be with the group Journey; haven't heard any new music from him in a while..
 cesska
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2014 9:32:50 PM
moonlight sonata
beethoven
 April1963
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/1/2014 8:08:35 PM

What song/artist/music memory makes you feel intensely, no matter where you are when you hear it?

Andrea Bocelli with Judy Weiss......Vivo Per Lei

This song makes me feel...mmmmmmmm.... things!!...lol
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/3/2014 9:00:30 PM
I listen to music all the time. Like most peeps, it depends on the mood. I consider myself an eclectic music lover. Certain slow songs make me "feel" the most. I can always tear up when I hear a Karen Carpenter song and it has nothing to do with her passing, it's just her voice. Barry Manilow slow songs make me tear up all the time. Even Barbara Streisand's "Memories" will get me thinking. I love Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars." I'd love to find a man who wants to waste time chasing cars. :) The theme song to Titantic sung by Celine Dion gets to me as well. I am such a sap! :)
 razors_edge55
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2014 1:50:59 PM
How many can I say, well just some that do me in , " seeds of love " Loreena Mckennitt ,
"Closer now than yesterday " Renaissance
music in the films "Now Voyager"1942 and "Gone with the Wind" 39 by the great Max Steiner
You might need youtube for this , Mylène Farmer " Si J'avais au moins" and L'auter (live)
Jean JacquesnGoldman " Quand tu dances" "en passant", " et l'on n'y peut rien" and too many more
Third eye blind "Burning man"
sex pistoles "Holidays in the sun"
I think it was Nietzche who said , "without music ,life is a mistake"
Oh my very fav. "Dreamy" by Errol Garner better than misty IMO
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/9/2014 9:44:28 PM
When I listen to "Cats in the Cradle" by Harry Chapin, it always makes me stop and think of my kids, and how life goes by so fast. I think I would absolutely melt if I was in a relationship with a guy who dedicated the song "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney to me. Other intense feeling songs:

Bruno Mars' "When I Was Your Man"

A Great Big World "Say Something"

Van Halen "Right Now"

Def Leppard "Love Bites"

Al Wilson "Show and Tell"

Journey "Open Arms"
 razors_edge55
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2014 2:11:17 PM
Music it seems can also be a real time machine , I will atest to after this weekend . I spoke to my first love for the first time in 30 years ! Three + hours , was nice . Then today working, on the radio I found a strange new station that was playing old songs ,French ,English, American , and on came this song (you all know) from the film "Greese" and I can think of nothing the rest of the day but the time I took her to see it ( at her request) and a few other times as well, ah youth,,,,,,,,,,,,
Music can take you places , even to places you don't want to go
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/10/2014 11:38:57 PM
^^ that is very true. but it can also bring back good memories from places you usually associate with bad ones;
and
because it can be a bright spot in dark times, it can be passionate, uplifting, hot, sexy, fun, and have intense memories associated with it.

beach on vacation, school dances, the first time you saw Dirty Dancing, the first journey concert, first kiss to a slow dance song...

having my daughter fall in love with the music of my era and get why I love it so much is FUN... and the other night singing karaoke, watching people who were way too young to hear stuff live rocking out to stuff that have incredible memories,

it's FUN watching the new converts :)

But when you have intense emotional connection to certain songs, it's tough to not go back in time... and that's ok. Reliving the memory can be a really good thing; even if it hurts sometimes :)
 flyguy51
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/12/2014 11:34:11 AM
Well, I could go on at length on this personal subject. Perhaps I will : )

Huey Lewis and the News was my first favorite band, so they will always have a special place for me. And they were a major part of the "Back to the Future" soundtrack!

Steely Dan was a tight group; I still love them, and they remind me of my dear, departed uncle.

"Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey was an essential 80's tune, and I remember playing it when I was screwing up the courage to call a girl up...

"Baker Street" is a great song, and it reminds me of playing at the pool as a kid. I have learned that it was a popular song for that very memory!

"More Than a Feelin'" by Boston had a resurgence in popularity during my college years, and it was a fun song to play to when I was learning the drums.

"Ghost of a Chance" by Rush has an excellent guitar solo, and it was one of the standouts at the first concert of theirs I went to over 20 years ago. It was a transcendental experience for me...

And, honorable mention:

"Goodbye, Yellowbrick Road" (I needn't mention the musician)
"Comfortably Numb" (same thing)
"Master of Puppets," "One," and "Fade to Black"
"Shut Us Down" by Lindsey Buckingham
"My Life Going By" by King's X
"The Garden" by Rush

are all very emotive, poignant and timeless songs...
 razors_edge55
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2014 1:10:01 PM
When I was Young and really into a band , I would put then on at least once (or more) a day , they were LP's some may need to look that up. and you had to turn them over, (that's ok) and there was Journey, boston, yes , rush, and one not said ,Kansas ,and Reo speedwagon, Good times.
just now I'm really into Duke Ellington, and it's the same ,play him every day.
The reason I have a computer now ,sence only 5 years ??? suduced by youtube, sorry not POF
If anyone ,wishes to chat music of the last 100 years please message me , I'm open, cheers
 April1963
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/12/2014 1:14:15 PM

Hey, what about Bryan Adams?
Summer of 69,
Heaven,
please Forgive me.

Police:
Every breath you take.

Bon Jovi:
It's My Life.

I feel melancholy of remembering those years.....Real singers as they no longer exist.!!
 basilisk123
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2014 7:52:20 PM
I got several theme songs I play in my head or like to listen to depending on the situation.

Waking up: Life is beautiful by Sixx AM.
Going out the door: Here I go again by White Snake.
When I am at work: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Those are just a few.
I tend to not want to listen to any song or watch any movie that reminds me of any romantic situation or memory. Too painful.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2014 2:22:31 PM
Don't you just hate it when this happens...when a stupid theme song loops in your brain? Right now the theme song from Mr. Ed just won't go away. I know all the words and I just keep repeating them over and over. A horse is a horse, of course, of course........
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/29/2014 2:38:10 PM
LOL! Good old ear worms... why on earth Mr Ed though?
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2014 9:18:48 AM
@moonbeamlover. I haven't a clue...it's just crawls in there. We now have antenna TV and ME TV with all the great old sit coms. Mr. Ed was on, and even though I don't watch it (never have), I do know the theme song. Go figure.
 ladymercury
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/1/2014 6:46:03 PM
I'm going to expand on my first approach and add a bit to it.

I've found music that enhances television and movies, particularly those melodies that evoke fear, perhaps more intense than what I listen to on the radio or as a past-time. I mean, yes, I love music; a good love ballad, a rock song, something upbeat, etc., etc. And all the emotions that go alongside that.

But there is something seriously real about watching a show that creeps into your being and makes you feel fear ... with a side dish of music that makes it dig even deeper.

For example, I was watching an episode of Criminal Minds on the computer awhile ago. One of the only syndicate televised series I really enjoy. There was a moment in the show where, as always, someone was about to be killed. The music that provided the lead up was enough to tighten me up from head to toe and forced me to put my hands over my eyes.

No really, that was intense. And it's 100% certain I'll watch something like that all over again. Why, I'll never quite understand.
 Proteaus
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/2/2014 8:46:44 PM
Want some intense music , listen to some Pessimist .
 knlmdd
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/3/2014 6:00:34 PM
I like rock music, specifically rock made by British men in the 70s. Ziggy Stardust gave me sexual freedom. I also have a love affair with Queen (the early stuff, mostly. Queen, Queen II, SHA especially), Nevermore is still what I listen to every time I'm feeling lovesick. Floyd though, without a doubt, is my staple. The meat of all music. I have listened to them in all of my odd moments. "Bike" (PATGOD) was playing during my first kiss, and I'll think of him fondly and innocently every time I hear it. I've never seen them live, I probably never will, but I've had many the high night, understanding the intention of every word, appreciating the purity, and honesty with which they deliver each note.

Oh, and I went on a date, in an altered state, to a Floyd laser light show in a planetarium dome recently. Beautiful.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/3/2014 6:35:41 PM
Probably the stuff the makes me feel like I'm wrapped in a warm blanket is stuff like XX, James Blake, Damon Albarn projects (including the 2 released tracks from his first solo album I'm excitedly waiting on pre-oder for) And stuff that reminds me the most of my mom. lot's does, but THEE MOST: squeeze, fleetwood mac, bowie, yes...
 CSM9
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2014 7:12:48 PM
The Birthday Massacre and death metal.
 jpwrnglrwmn
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/18/2014 8:47:03 PM
It depends on what mood I'm in. . .when I want something relaxing, either jazz or classical. When I'm more in a reflective mood (like lately), anything by Coldplay, U2,some of John Mayer's older music (Room for Squares). When I want something more upbeat, I'll tune into a country station.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > What music makes you feel the most intensely?