Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Direct is good…fire away. I take constructive criticism well.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Seki1949
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Direct is good…fire away. I take constructive criticism well.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Your current picture is much better; it makes you younger. Keep 'marriage' in the profile; it's your real goal and you should state it.

Bestes, Allan
 You go first
Msg: 25
Direct is good…fire away. I take constructive criticism well.
Posted: 11/23/2013 9:16:23 AM

However I think it is perhaps your age, sorry. But from what I hear, women over 45 have a hard time dating, especially online

Absolutely not true. From personal experience and from helping several friends my age and older, it was a blast dating online, and wildly successful. But patience and a sense of humour are necessary.
 seniorwithsizzle
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2013 5:05:33 PM
POLLY GRAF (Msg:08)
AINEN (Msg:20)
Sorry, I changed my mind in reducing of “I” at the beginning of the sentences. The profile is about me... And I think the use of "I" is OK.

TATERSPROUT (Msg:15)
I was told by others to keep my photo with blond hair and big eye glasses close up, because it shows my nice lips. Go figure….

TATERSPROUT (Msg:24)
YOU GO FIRST (Msg:26)
After I updated my profile, everybody compliments me on my sweet profile, and my attractive look. And most important of all, I do generate a lot more interest now. Please read two excerpts/examples below:
1.) Your profile sounds as lovely, and cute as you look.
2.) I like your thought, that "we do not have to like or do the same things"- that is a very good open mind. (Most profiles want to enforce, a must have common things or no deal, which seems to me too arrogant, closed minded, and a deal breaker).

SEKI 1949 (Msg:27)
Your suggestion is appreciated, but it is easier for me to ask during the first phone conversation, what the other person intent is, and I didn’t have a problem receiving an answer.

DORIA0819 (Msg:25)
“However I think it is perhaps your age, sorry. But from what I hear, women over 45 have a hard time dating, especially online“.
YOU GO FIRST (Msg:28)
“Absolutely not true. From personal experience and from helping several friends my age and older, it was a blast dating online, and wildly successful. But patience and a sense of humor are necessary“.
My reply is:
I strongly disagree with Doria0819 (Msg:25) I strongly agree with You Go First (Msg:28)

Thank you all again, much appreciated…
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/23/2013 7:00:14 PM
Can't say I'm keen on your fifth pic ( big glasses ). It appears you've black eyes/bruised, especially the left eye. The eye shadow (?) doesn't give an overall smooth appearance, instead, it's very mottled.
 seniorwithsizzle
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2014 4:34:41 PM
Hi All,
I'm in need of second opinion on my new improved profile, and on my photos.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...
 DragonBits
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/18/2014 4:53:29 PM
Your profile looks fine to me.

On the 4th pic, I would caption it by saying I am sitting by the window, and it's often nice to add a month / year so people know the pics are current.

I personally wouldn't have any age restriction, POF automatically puts in a +/- 14 years. I would only use an age restriction if I were getting too many MSGs.

But I don't see any real problems with your profile, it looks good to me.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2014 5:00:20 PM
Looks great:)

I would use either or the 'aug 13' photos as your main, assuming that's still what you look like now, a lot can change in a year.

Text is fine, though I would end it just before the PS. The ps wont stop photoless guys messaging you, you can just ignore them. The quotes add very little and just look like extra words.

Otherwise, good job, if I was 30 years older I'd be messaging you, though you'd probably be way out of my league LOL
 dichoTommy
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2014 5:28:32 PM
It is a well-written profile which will serve you well.

Lik others, I'd lift the restrictions to those that matter, but I'm uncertain whether those will be deal-breakers or not.

Best of luck!
 seniorwithsizzle
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2014 9:03:42 PM
DragonBits
DichoTommy
Sorry to say, but at my age I feel very comfortable with the age/range I have selected, but I removed other restrictions.

ScooterSB
YOU: I would use either or the Aug 13' photos as your main, assuming that's still what you look like now, a lot can change in a year.
ME: I have changed my main photo per your suggestion. Also; whenever I’m in need to disclose my age I have been told that I look much younger than my age.

YOU: Text is fine, though I would end it just before the P.S. The PS won’t stop photo less guys messaging you, you can just ignore them.
ME: DONE, removed…

YOU: The quotes (at end of profile ) add very little and just look like extra words.
ME: My way to produce profile with humorous touch…

YOU: Otherwise, good job, if I was 30 years older I'd be messaging you, though you'd probably be way out of my league LOL.
ME: Not sure there is any such thing as "a person being out of your league" on the internet. I think people that date via internet are pretty much all in the same league, just an opinion.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
 Forums_only
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/20/2014 7:12:55 AM
Looks good!

Are you writing to men you find interesting?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Direct is good…fire away. I take constructive criticism well.