Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A date from hell that I gave to someone, lol      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IsabelleClaire
Msg: 24
A date from hell that I gave to someone, lolPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Well it's not like you did it on purpose. Who deliberately gives themselves food poisoning just to ruin someone else's night? Besides seeing as you were the one going through hell I would say you were the one who had a far worse night.
 moonwalkerman
Msg: 25
A date from hell that I gave to someone, lol
Posted: 11/11/2013 3:46:22 AM
Star Doll, that's a great story ! I am telling you one thing, though: if I like a girl, that kind of date would not throw me off the least bit. As a matter of fact, I would consider it a great date ! You started out the relationship with something you can laugh about for the rest of your lives !
Too bad it didn't turn into a relationship. Do you remember if you liked him a lot ?Do you remember WHAT he looked like ...lol ?
 Cdan1957
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2013 8:30:12 AM
Date form hell? Maybe, but dates such as these happen. People get sick, get in traffic accidents, have family emergencies. I wont judge a person based on external stimuli that effects their behavior. I think you should have suggested a second date. He may have disappeared because he believed you were too embarrassed to see him again. It usually takes weeks or months to see someone at their worse. You got it out of the way quickly.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/11/2013 2:15:07 PM

It's not a fairy tale, it's POF here. Even after a good date people often never hear from one another, and accept this.

It's not a fairy tale that after a Innocently/Situationally bad date where it's nobody's fault, that the other person, even a woman, offers to take the other out to make up for it IF they're interested -- that the other person accepts. Especially if they've been talking for a long time.

I mean, it's just an offer. It'd be a fairy tale if he was still Chasing you and going beyond "How are you feeling?" Him doing at least that gives you some leg room to throw it out there. There's only good that can come out of it. Wouldn't be a fairy tale scenario if he said Sure.

I do believe if my unlucky beau were still interested he would make it clear.

No so fast! :) He did reach out to you to see how you were feeling. He would rightfully feel & be a putz if he was to CHASE you after all that. Him reaching out to ask if you were feeling better was at least giving you a potential "in". He rightfully shouldn't chase you by asking you out after that -- that ball's in your court at that point, given the situation.

The girl would be thinking "Gawd, this guy must be desperate if he's asking me out again, after I was barfing through the whole date!" Ball would be in your court -- and if he did ask how you were doing -- that was still to keep the line of communication open potentially. Again, no consequences to throw it out there!

However, some girls DON'T want to go out again when they muck the situation up and just want to avoid anything associated with all that embarrassment!
 Star_Doll
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/12/2013 9:52:52 PM
OK, all right, I've listened to all you kind-hearted, well-intended, positively-thinking, hopeless-romantic people of POF! :) And I thought that you might be right: I did not try hard to repair the damage I've done, if even "Innocently/Situationally" (Lol... where do people even find such words? :)
And I reached out to the Mr. FoodPoisoningDateSurvivor to offer my extended apologies, tender memories of our little romance before the real date, and, possibly, some happy plans for the future, including ME taking him to the show.
And guess what? It took him, like, 10 minutes to pull my dear image out of his memory. Sure, he remembered a date from hell, but my name? Well, was not this a whole month ago? Regarding my generous offer of show tickets he was, like, no, this is not necessary, no, no need, no, no, no... We bid tender good-bye, and this time, I believe, it was a firm farewell. Now I feel like I made a fool of myself :)
Telling you, people, THIS IS POF! = plenty of fish. Plenty! Next, please! :)
...Moonwalker, thank you for a flattering insight. Sure, I remember Him. He was OK... next, please :)
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2013 3:54:38 PM
So, it didn't work. At least you tried. In my opinion, if two people are equally into each other, unfortunate incidents like this that are nobody's fault are not necessarily deal breakers. Sounds as if he wasn't that interested. I don't think you've lost much, here.
 sigungq
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2013 6:53:19 PM

He was a really nice guy

While I read the whole post, and I feel sorry for what happened to you, I'm quite certain that as a result of this sentence, you would have ended up as only "just friends"...................
 Star_Doll
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/13/2013 7:21:48 PM

I'm quite certain that as a result of this sentence, you would have ended up as only "just friends"...................

Hey, sigungq, why so??? Personally, I hoped for more :)
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/13/2013 11:30:17 PM

Sure, he remembered a date from hell, but my name? Well, was not this a whole month ago?

Well, wait. If it was nearly a month ago, yeah, then it'd be too late. I wasn't pressing you to even do it -- I was talking past tense! :)

You missed your boat of real chance after only a couple days after him asking you how you were feeling. The video was returned to the store after that point of you just shying away. Yeah, going back after a good while THEN offering something can't be expected to result in something. I wasn't telling you to do that...

... but still -- so what? What did it cost you? Does he know people you know? Rumors about you? No. Sure, such a small % chance that he'd take you up on the offer At Present Time -- but you had nothing to lose. That small 5% chance, he could have happily accepted. He didn't and it was expected at this point, since that boat has gone since it was established in both your minds it was (and he probably is chasing other prospects now), it's no big deal.

A practical waste of time for a few minutes of awkwardness? Okay. In the end, as the days pass, that's nothing. Again, it doesn't cost you among people you know or will know by throwing it out there to him.
 sentback
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2013 9:34:50 PM
Why didnt you french kiss him? ha ha ha
 activemelaney
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2013 9:19:05 AM
There is nothing better to find out someone's personality than some mess up.

My boyfriend took me on a bike trip on our second date. He went to lift a bike off of the rack and his shirt got caught in the gears. His shirt was a greasy mess...the gears all got out of whack from him trying to untangle himself. End of bike ride. The irony is that he is such an altogether competent type of man.

Instead of cursing, he gave me a pathetic wink and we both sat on the ground and started laughing. I wanted to kiss him right then even though he had grease now on his face. We went for a walk. I had brought our lunch and he a bottle of wine. He forgot the corkscrew. Somehow he snapped off the top on a rock and all was well except he cut himself when pouring out a glass. The cut was just minor and stopped right away. By now we're both laughing so hard the wine was coming out of my nose.

Anyways. If there is chemistry not much of anything else matters. If you have to barf make a joke of it. Call him up later and tell him you have a tummy ache and and the only way to get it out of your system is to go on another date with him so you can barf again.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A date from hell that I gave to someone, lol