Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Roses are red, and my profile isn't.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sandytm
Msg: 21
Roses are red, and my profile isn't.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
darndest

....and the only way to address the no picture controversy is to throw some picstures (of yourself) up there.
 traveltrekker
Msg: 22
Roses are red, and my profile isn't.
Posted: 11/7/2013 2:09:50 PM
I recently addressed the "no picture" controversy, at the very end of my profile.

It is only a controversy because so many of the folks who posted pictures when they weren't required to, keep making it a controversy.
As long as you aren't married, it shouldn't be controversial.
 fieryredhead77
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/7/2013 2:30:05 PM
Yes, I read the 'reason' you say you have no picture. This 'reason' still tells me you are probably married. I don't know people who have a serious concern about their privacy except for that.
 tennistown
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/7/2013 3:16:54 PM

picstures

pictures

And BTW thank you for finding my spelling errors, I missed them completely!

The weird thing about "Profile Reviews" I have noticed...
It's really hard to tell how truly awful a profile was, after a couple of days.
Providing the author takes reasonable steps to enhance it with the non-funny suggestions.
Well, you get more flavour of the bad, if someone quotes some of those "not so subtle nuances."

I'm considering removing the paragraph about the
two twenty five year old girls.

Should that be a "no brainer" ?
 fieryredhead77
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/7/2013 3:32:41 PM
He really won't put up pics. I am serious. They really are married when they use that reason. Every private conversation with men I have had they are honest about it. He won't say it on here as he doesn't want to get skewered on the forums. But I would bet my life's savings on it.
 tennistown
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/7/2013 5:01:41 PM
Gee Red.
You seem so insistent about blathering on and on, about your experiences with the "married folk".
I think I know why...

YOU are married!
Draws "like" people to you like moths to a flame.

Even though I don't list my exclusionary "deal breakers" on my profile,
may I confide two of them in my heart, to you?

1. Smokers
2. Married and Separated

You are both.

But I would bet my life's savings on it.

You mean half your life's savings? So, save your money, and your husbands half too.
Because with this bet, you lose.

I do appreciate your input to this forum discussion,
in that pictures play an important role,
this seem to be true.
 fieryredhead77
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/7/2013 5:43:21 PM
Lol. I am not going to hit on you so don't worry. You have yet to put up a pic, or deny are married though. It is just how it is. I have my pictures on my profile. My ex knows I date. And I have no interest in finding a boyfriend, which my profile clearly states. I am not hiding anything. You are also breaking the rules. You aren't allowed to comment on my profile in your profile review. When someone starts getting upset it usually means something.......
 tennistown
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/7/2013 10:20:46 PM

As long as you aren't married, it shouldn't be controversial.

^^^^^^^^^ This.

Not trying to mock. Well, a tiny bit.

I can mock ( it is in my contract)

I reviewed my contract and the mocking part... It was not listed either way?

I will keep pressing on. I will resume my path towards the high road.
Thanks again Forumites for all the swell tips! Change is inevitable.
I'm super glad I posted for your incite here, instead of "Ask a Girl." I can only imagine...
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Roses are red, and my profile isn't.