Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > holidays(and the new girlfriend)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 23
view profile
History
holidays(and the new girlfriend)Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
How hard can life be?
2 invites on one day

Anyhoo
I'm having the late lunch with mine and maybe desert and rum at the other in case they are to laid back for my taste.TMI with all those laid back folk.

I personally am in agreement after 4 months I dont want your nieces all over me wanting to braid my hair or your "laid back" uncles and brothers telling me you ate boogers when you were 4.

Have fun
 scottey63
Msg: 24
view profile
History
holidays(and the new girlfriend)
Posted: 11/12/2013 10:35:31 AM
The heck with the gym...Thanksgiving sex! :)
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/12/2013 11:10:58 AM
OP, just go with the flow and enjoy. And be happy you have such a situation. Some of us have no family and/or significant other to celebrate the holidays with.
Sorry to hear this Genuine Gentleman For You. ......Soooo OP don't sweat this. Be thankful you have options, have fun, together with hers and yours! LOL Just restrain yourself from pigging out !
 Theme_Pack
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/12/2013 5:30:49 PM
Op....Christmas and New years should be a breeze....have fun.
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/13/2013 5:58:51 AM
Be thankful for you just have to wonder whether to eat this or that compare to millions and millions of kids wondering when they will get something to eat . Happy holidays !
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2013 6:48:07 AM
I would ask your girlfriend now what her family Christmas traditions were, before these dinners, in case someone comes up with the "so, what are you doing for Christmas this year?" question. I'm sure most people won't do that, but the question might pop out and you don't want to be on the spot if you have traditions with your own family.

My parents required our attendance only twice a year ... at Christmas and the summer family picnic. My mother stated this to any new, serious boyfriends because of distance issues and blended families ... pretty much staking her claim on those days ahead of time.

Relax and enjoy the holidays ;)
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2014 4:11:11 PM
I hear people talk about this from time to time.

I will be "on my own" with this, but that's O.K.

The way I see it, it is not a problem for the woman to spend time with her family (alone).

I will spend time with my family (alone).

We will compare notes that night.............together.

Especially, in a 4 month relationship, but I would say the same thing if people were together a year. I'm not one of these people who needs (or wants) to be "joined at the hip".
 windchymes
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2014 6:16:00 AM
Bringing your bf/gf to family gatherings is traditionally a sign to the family that you're serious about the person you brought and want him/her to meet your family because you might be thinking about taking things to the next level....whatever that may be.

It's only two meals. You're not going to blow up like Violet Beauregard in Willy Wonka just from a couple big meals in one day. Just eat and enjoy the day. If you must, just cut your portion sizes. Pick and choose what you eat: you can eat mashed potatoes and corn anytime, save the belly room for the special yummy dishes you don't have the rest of the year. Or eat lightly the day before and or after. It's really no big deal and you're not on the fast track to obesity.

As far as the other holidays, you always have the "eve's". Some families celebrate Christmas Eve's and others Christmas Day. If you're lucky, your two families will be compatible that way. If not, you can trade holidays, like T-giving here, Christmas there, and switch each year. Or, if you do end up married someday, maybe you can have one big family gathering.

And when it's all over, the health clubs always have specials for membership after New Year's.
 easterparadehat
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/9/2014 4:55:58 AM
Some people have to seriously watch what they eat or they'll gain weight. Heck some have to nearly starve themself to lose any weight. Secondly, 4 months of time is not even long enough for me to even introduce a man to anyone in my family as he probably will not even be around in the next two days/months as relationships are fickle and can end at any time. Is this guy still with this female? Odds are 50/50 about that one.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/23/2014 4:28:36 AM
Would love to hear an update on this!

I like the idea of a meal at one house & coffee & dessert at a 2nd house...

Many good points in this thread--like a little extra food one day won't kill you & be thankful that you have a special person to spend the day with.

Personally, my gang for Thanksgiving is getting takeout food & then we are cooking a turkey after Thanksgiving.
 BeachBikeHike
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/23/2014 4:36:18 AM
I agree with most of the other posters that a good solution is dinner at one house and dessert at the other.

What a nice problem to have! Sounds like it will be a good day for giving thanks :)
 Walts
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/23/2014 4:41:34 AM
I'm surprised that the OP, at 43 last year, has never faced this "problem" before last year. I mean really?

Holiday season is time to be spent with loved ones. When the opportunity arises, I say do it to the best of your abilities. Next year, you may not have the chance. A lot of things can happen in a year. I can give ya a list if ya want. I got a pile of em.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > holidays(and the new girlfriend)