Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Forum Posting Violations Please Report Here      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MISPIPER
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Forum Posting Violations Please Report HerePage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
How do I find out why a member who just signed up was deleted. We share a pc but that shouldn't be a problem.
 Onyxbutterflies90
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Forum Posting Violations Please Report Here
Posted: 12/14/2014 3:28:35 PM
You can only have 1 account per customer. The software they're running probably can't tell the difference between you and the other person sharing the pc. It's the same IP address.
 parallax
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2014 9:25:33 PM
This thread has a poster making attacks, and dominating the comments:
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts4639319.aspx
 not_single_x
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/23/2014 9:28:32 AM

This thread has a poster making attacks, and dominating the comments:

I hate when that happens.
 psytle
Msg: 55
view profile
History
 not_single_x
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/27/2014 6:34:29 AM

Thank you for your report.

We need more members like you around this place.

Your POF account has been credited with 2 dollups.
 flaneur001
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2015 4:38:38 PM
Fisherdade 64

Original post
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16324754.aspx

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16325437.aspx

I bt a buddy $20 that I could create a bs profile, and post a bs story on here and get the same 10 trolls and another 10 wanna be trolls to respond with their usual hate filled opinions.

I am $20 richer now.

Thank you loser trolls.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/6/2015 10:21:03 PM
...this is why we need moderators. .......
 flaneur001
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2015 11:01:30 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^exactly!
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/7/2015 7:04:54 AM
No, we don't need moderators, we need less ego and stupidity. And just how would a moderator dealt with this particular post? If Flaneur chose to be an idiot, let her. This isn't life of death stuff, it's entertainment and time wasting at best. If you think it's more than entertainment, go see a professional because you have problems. It's not like there haven't been trolls before and we will have them again. If you have to be babysat, maybe go play on Facebook and post pictures of your cats and dogs.

flaneur001
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2015 11:02:29 AM
Bluemoon,

This situation is a little more complicated than you may be aware of. Here is a little context.

Fisherdale 64 posted a second thread, http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16325437.aspx

In that thread he said the following

I bt a buddy $20 that I could create a bs profile, and post a bs story on here and get the same 10 trolls and another 10 wanna be trolls to respond with their usual hate filled opinions.

I am $20 richer now.

Thank you loser trolls.

This was followed by a post by a female poster who stated in her post that Fisherdale had sent her a private e-mail in which he threatened her.

The following poster – a male forumite encouraged her to contact the authorities

I wanted to make sure that this was documented before the original OP deleted his post. I documented in the forum file and I also went to his profile and filed a complaint. I tried to send the female a note but it did not get to her because of her filter restrictions.

Fisherdale did delete the 2nd thread, and his profile was still active until recently. His profile is now deleted.

I have no problem with what I did. The forum has ‘rules’ and a system for addressing breaches to those rules. I am okay with that. In this particular situation, the documentation of breaches and threats are useful in the event that the threats escalate.

I understand that you disagree with my filing a complaint, I have no issue with you regarding this difference of opinion. I understand that the issue of ‘moderators’ on the forum is a hotspot for many people.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/7/2015 12:11:00 PM
I'm sorry, I owe you an apology. I thought YOU were the one that created the profile and the post. Again, I apologize. The link you above must be deleted as I can't open it. The other thread is still going. I see the profile is gone as well, I also reported his profile for deletion last night.

We have a few annoying ones that keep creating new profiles, posting inane or stupid threads, nasty comments and then deleting or getting deleted. That idiot awesomefiftiesguy has had 4 profiles in the last month. Again, these profiles can be reported and hopefully deleted. Attention seekers I guess, idiots.

I still don't think we need moderators. If we do get some back, I think they should be switched up and not stay longer than a year. It's a thankless job. And other than a few like the fellow you reported on and the one I mentioned, the forums seems to sort itself out.
 not_single_x
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/7/2015 2:32:00 PM
bluemoon24_7: I'm sorry, I owe you an apology. I thought YOU were the one that created the profile and the post. Again, I apologize.

A few questions come to mind upon reading this part of your post.

Why apologize again? Isn't one apology enough? If one apology isn't enough then why not say "I double apologize" only one time rather than creating an entirely separate sentence to apologize a second time? It just seems like a waste of bandwidth. Then again, if one apology isn't enough, how can you be sure two apologies will suffice? Maybe you should say "I apologize thrice." Sounds neat, clean and has a nice cadence to it.

For what it's worth, you didn't have to apologize at all. The way the post was written it did appear as though flaneur001 created the profile and wrote the offending post, because the quote feature was not used. That sort of sloppy posting is the fault of the initial poster, not you.
 flaneur001
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2015 2:38:10 PM
Bluemoon,

Thank you for the apology. I did assume that you did not know the back story. I do appreciate the 'context' for your earlier post, it helped me understand why you responded the way you did. All the best,
 not_single_x
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/7/2015 2:56:27 PM
We need some hug smileys on this thread.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/7/2015 4:52:56 PM
^^^ why are you so cranky?
 not_single_x
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/7/2015 4:53:34 PM
It's beyond the scope of this thread.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/7/2015 5:09:26 PM
Not a problem
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/7/2015 5:20:50 PM
Flanuer,

I tried to contact you, and I also could not connect with you, because of the age restrictions--the same age restriction which prohibited you from contacting me.

Thank you, for attempting to contact me.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/7/2015 5:28:27 PM

Fisherdale did delete the 2nd thread

No, he didn’t. It was voted off by the forum.

And no moderator required.
 Supersoulson
Msg: 71
Forum Posting Violations Please Practise Your Typing Here
Posted: 1/7/2015 5:44:09 PM
Why does this " subject " still exist ?
 flaneur001
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2015 8:56:26 PM
Eternityboresme: You are most welcome. I hope this is the end of it!
 blueguy99881
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/8/2015 8:02:14 PM
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16326577.aspx

Message 9 and 11. Thread hyjack. Posting insults, condencening behavior. Suspecting of following my posts. Like for it to stop.
 not_single_x
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/9/2015 11:14:15 AM
blueguy99881:
Message 9 and 11. Thread hyjack. Posting insults, condencening behavior. Suspecting of following my posts. Like for it to stop.

Thank you for your report blueguy. We'll take care of that right away and make sure no one bothers you again.

And if someone is harassing you in "real life", post about it here and we'll fix that for you as well.

Supersoulson: Why does this " subject " still exist ?

Because every time someone posts to the thread with a stupid question such as "why does this subject still exist", it "bumps" or reactivates the thread and brings it to the top of the forum where others are likely to post to it as well.

bluemoon24_7
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/9/2015 1:27:17 PM
I can't believe Blueguy has the b@lls to report someone after all the inane, nonsensical and stupid posts he makes. the guy posts like he's 16.

Do folks not realize that there are no moderators to delete anything?
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Forum Posting Violations Please Report Here