Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Blind People, would you marry one?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 razors_edge55
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Blind People, would you marry one?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Dam samba, you said it well
 Coma_White
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Blind People, would you marry one?
Posted: 12/7/2013 2:43:10 PM
My uncle is legally blind and he married a younger woman from New York that has normal sight. I think every person has their own preferences. If you're not what he's looking for, it's normal for him to back off. You just have to find someone that's more open minded.
 sigungq
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2013 6:33:31 PM
OP, my mother was blind. Personally, for me, I would have no problem dating and marrying a blind person. The upside to anyone being blind, is that they lack much of the shallowness that goes along with being sighted.
 theritefoot
Msg: 27
Posted: 12/7/2013 8:27:46 PM
If she looks like Audrey Hepburn, hell yes.
 aanarchist
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/7/2013 9:47:29 PM
Having a degree in psychology does not make his thoughts and opinions valid. If he's using the knowledge he learned telling others things that make them miserable then he is a failure at his profession. Here's the biggest life lesson anyone can ever learn: live life on your own terms, F*CK EVERYBODY ELSE.

he may be a smart and successful guy, but he's still a degenerate.
 enigom
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/9/2013 5:31:55 AM
Nope ..fortunately I have had the opportunity to be around a very exceptional blind woman..she has a sense of adventure that surpasses that of most sighted people....she moves amazingly fast, first time I met her she came running down the stairs..freaked me out because I had the misconception that blind people moved slow I also attributed super hearing to them as well...lol She roller blades with little assistance, she is crazy smart, and was a competitive swimmer...she loves to sing Karaoke and dance...I even taught her to throw knives..they watch movies, weird to hear them say that but they don't say I like listening to movies.Like most people blind people only suffer from the limitations they put on themselves...They can't drive but that's about it. I would most definitly marry one..
 femaleconnection
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/9/2013 11:47:30 AM

Well, he's actually a psychologist by profession and runs his own practice at a number of locations including working at a hospital.

Some of the most viscious criminals in history, were doctors or people of higher education.

I dont care what he does for a living, he told you basically that you wont amount to anything and that no one would ever want you. I know you cannot see yourself as I do but that alone makes him certifiably nuts. You are a beautiful woman and plenty of men will want you.

He was saying these things to keep you down, to keep you thinking no other man would want you,. not because is is sooo smart-to make sure you are gratful for whatever little crumb of affection he decides to show you. This game is played by people of ALL educational levels. Even the ones who went to medical school!

Stop taking what this man says as gospel. He is wrong.
Posted: 12/9/2013 12:38:16 PM
As with the thread about dating a deaf person...I'd have no less interest in dating a visually impaired person than otherwise based only on the impairment.

Geez, actually, I often wish that I'd find someone with some kind of "difference", like deafness or blindness, because I know that the experience of life for them can, at least to a degree, can be different in a way such that it may serve to shield them a bit from some things in our world of surreal idiocy which impair a person's character development.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Blind People, would you marry one?