Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why do women wear shirts that show alot in public?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deerdog1
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Why do women wear shirts that show alot in public?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Again, I'd be deeply concerned if I was talking to a naked woman I found attractive and felt NOTHING. I would behave respectfully but I'd notice her for sure .

im not going to sit here and rebut your dissection of my previous post ..I never said I dont notice a sexy dressed woman..but as you said I am able to keep my composure.. just like on a beach full of bikini clad women i can visit a nude beach without walking around with a tongue hung out or sporting a woodie...and either at a supermarket ..or a nude beach ..I have never made noticing so obvious that anyone or their male companion was offended or got upset ... and yes I am 57 but not much has changed since my 20s ..and Im way past trying to impress anyone

as for context ..I have worked security at nude resorts ,,swinger bars ..bdsm events ..bike rallys ..and many other events where nudity is accepted ..and always with a professional demeanor ..actually my profile picture was taken at a bike rally ..and if you could pan out and to the right a little you would see several naked women in the picture ..just like the doctor with the naked woman on the examining table its all about context..I actually had to cull several pictures to find one that didnt have a naked person in ...in order to pick a pix that would be allowed on POF.....like i said I have seen naked women before !!
 abmccray
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Why do women wear shirts that show alot in public?
Posted: 12/10/2013 1:02:19 PM

I just started the thread because I thought it was a good topic to talk about. I know some women wear some revealing shirts and when you see them in public and they notice you looking they give you that ticked off look.

I have literally told women that their shirts make their boobs look nice and have never gotten a "ticked off look," so I have no idea what you're doing to get this.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/10/2013 2:23:32 PM

sumbeach0822:
Personally, I prefer classy over trashy any day and believe it's good to leave a little to the imagination ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfXs0m32A8E
 irishgirl772
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/10/2013 3:32:08 PM
I agree with gcdeb..you sound really creepy. Where is this supermarket you work in? I'll be sure to never shop there..
 anunu
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/10/2013 4:11:33 PM

I know most of these women have men because they have men holding their hands or they have a diamond wedding ring or a guy is walking with them and they kiss in public.

If they are with their man, she is trying to keep his eyes on her and off of any other sexy young ladies
 gtomustang
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/10/2013 9:17:53 PM
sheessssh. there's nothing complicated about this. I've worked in a grocery store, too, and it was in a small town so I had some knowledge about the women who came in exposing a lot.

1)for the person who asked, "isn't the store paying you to do something more than check out the checkout line.", no matter what job you're doing, there's still plenty of time to admire what someone took the time to put on display. putting cans on a shelf doesn't require all your attention...but can sure use distraction from the tedium.

2)SOME women are wearing what they were wearing before they realized they were short in the cupboard. Maybe they are coming from yoga class, or from painting the bathroom--and one we knew came home from working the stripper pole to pay for raising her kid. they are NOT doing it for you.

3)SOME women are being taken for granted by their significant others. they would like to be appreciated, and nothing more. I did have ONE who loved the fact I actually carried a conversation while waiting on her in the deli, and mentioned she didn't get enough of that at home, and passed her phone number one day. but most were NOT doing it to score. they just wanted to know they weren't a frumpy housewife after squeezing out a kid or two.

4)A FEW dressed up hoping a HOT guy would act on it. we had a few hot guys working with us, and it didn't take much brains to realize a woman spending much time in their area without putting anything in her cart to pay for, was there for something else.

5)sometimes, its a full moon or its the time in the menstrual cycle a woman is very fertile. sounds like hokum, but happened to 50% of the women walking in, all on that same day. coincidence? who knows. we just enjoyed it, and pointed it out to others

(yes, ladies, in case you weren't sure--we notice, and let others know. if boys suddenly start showing up in the aisle you are scantily dressed in...its not paranoia on your part. your gut feeling is correct. roll with it,if you're confident enough in your good looks to accept the fact you attract men.)

6)I will guess elk lover is asking this question in the hope that, viewing a great rack means an interest in him. thing is, women are like men--they do what makes them feel good. they all have different reasons to do so.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/11/2013 12:43:44 AM

LiliMarleen:
I think it's completely natural to have your eyes drawn to attractive people. I notice attractive men AND women. We point these people out to each other. Noticing attractive people doesn't mean we're flagging in our commitment to each other.

My late Wife and I did that all the time... It was simple, you could look but not touch.... We weren't worried cause we knew who each other was going home with and who's bed we were sleeping in.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-XQ26KePUQ
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2013 3:41:38 AM

Why do that if you are married, engaged or have a boyfriend?

^^^^^^^^^
Next, you will want them to trade in the convertible for a mini van with tinted windows.

Maybe its what attracted that BF/SO in the first place.
Now they should dress like Aunt Bea and let themselves go so YOU won't have sexual thoughts??
Not happening.

How do you know they have a BF?Are you hitting on them?
Stop gawking at the customers and focus on your JOB.
Maybe go sort the melons.

Maybe they are coming from yoga class

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's when I go as I'm already out and about and its less than a block from class.

Your thread has a creep vibe IMO.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/11/2013 11:45:16 AM
There are plenty of reasons. It may be their personal style, or they think it makes them look good. I personally look better in clothes that do right by the girls because I have a big tush. If I try to hide the girls, my waist blends in and I lose my shape. I avoid revealing cleavage since I'm so short. A tall guy can see way more than he should. If you're looking long enough for a girl to catch you, then you didn't glance at her figure...you crossed over into staring. Admiration is an art form. My boyfriend loves it when I show a little cleavage, so I show a little cleavage. *shrug*

Another incentive is attention. It can be an intoxicating thing and some women seek it out on a daily basis. It can be hard for some women to get attention ONLY from their significant other. You can get it from other men without having to date them.
 raxarsr
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2013 11:47:55 AM
all i can say is..ladies........if you want to flaunt you bodies.........go for it........BUT.........dont complain when men take notice........guys are visual......we cant help it..its the way we are wired
 deerdog1
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2013 12:36:14 PM
I for one really enjoy knowing that guys are looking at my woman ..Its like a new car or Harley a little envy from others makes me feel good about what I have ..and a hot chick behind me on my hot bike.. well whats not to like ..but I am not like many men ..dont have a jealous bone in my body ..not that I condone a woman cheating on me ..although it has happened ..but the way I see it they have a mouth to turn down a guy ..and If they are truly mine thats what they will do..if a woman is on the move ..not really anything a guy can do to stop her from cheating ..another thing I have seen is the guys who are more jealous/possessive seen to have more problems keeping their woman from cheating ..or so it seems ..anyway I want my woman to be true to me because she wants no one but me .. not because shes scared I will get mad ..to me the way I see it jealousy is futility
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/11/2013 3:57:07 PM
They like showing off their Tits and we like looking at them!!! That will never change!!!
 elklover13
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/12/2013 2:44:35 PM
This is what get for not wording my original post. Maybe I should of edited my post. Onr I don't ogle women and I do not stare. I just so happen to turn around and the women are behind me when it happens. I only have one woman give me a dirty look. The other women smiled and said hello to me. I even had a few women laugh at me because I jumped back because I wasn't expecting a woman right behind with a revealing outfit.

I think alot of posters make assumptions. Assumptions are the worst mistake you can make!
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/12/2013 2:54:17 PM

elklover13
This is what get for not wording my original post. Maybe I should of edited my post. Onr I don't ogle women and I do not stare. I just so happen to turn around and the women are behind me when it happens. I only have one woman give me a dirty look. The other women smiled and said hello to me. I even had a few women laugh at me because I jumped back because I wasn't expecting a woman right behind with a revealing outfit.

I think alot of posters make assumptions. Assumptions are the worst mistake you can make!

This is Rich, you've jumped to so many conclusions in this thread......
 elklover13
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/12/2013 3:00:28 PM
Not when I have several women calling me a creep! You mean the women and some of the men posters have replied back with so many assumptions about the situation in the early posts. I thought this would be a clean cut thread vs. some of the other sex topics on the sex thread.
 GJBrown
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/15/2013 7:22:35 PM
cleavage is fine and dandy but whats with ladies who wear tight pants/shorts with writing across the buttocks!?
thats begging for attention!
 no_1_bby
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2013 10:55:55 AM

Putting the shoe on the other foot, I'm guessing that a man usually wouldn't get irritated by a woman obviously enjoying looking at him or telling him he's good looking. To say that such an event is rare, in the real world, would be quite an understatement.

Rare, possibly. I have a large circle of ladies that I affectionately call friends. We are a visual group and often look and comment amongst ourselves about the things we see. We are a group of mostly 40somethings, with a few 30somethings and the occasional 20somethings, 50somethings and sometimes 60somethings.

My former partner has some body image issues, so I made a point of looking at him and admiring his body. Hell, I still do. He's told me off about it a few times. I tell him on a regular basis that he's attractive.
 NDTfan
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/17/2013 3:50:18 AM

Not when I have several women calling me a creep! You mean the women and some of the men posters have replied back with so many assumptions about the situation in the early posts. I thought this would be a clean cut thread vs. some of the other sex topics on the sex thread.

You want to know why women see you as creepy? It's because you see them as things that intentionally dress for attention. More specifically, male attention and most specifically YOUR attention.

As in, why are all these women showing what they have when I won't get to look, feel or taste? Why are they being so unfair as to advertise themselves and then not follow through? Why don't they have more respect for the men in their lives (who should obviously feel as I do) by showing ME up front that she's taken.... so that I don't have to feel guilty that it makes me horny! WHY ARE THEY SHOWING ME THINGS THEY WON'T GIVE ME!?!?!

Sound about right? Well, you need to get over yourself. Not everything in the world revolves around you or your penis.

It's always creepy when a man decides, on his own, that women dress a certain way for his personal enjoyment. It's the excuse that molesters and rapists always use.... that they felt justified in doing what they did because the victim led them on. The victim's actual intentions never enter their mind.... all they care about is the reaction the vic triggered in them. That's why we have judges (creeps too) who allow pedophiles to walk because girls 4 and up were behaving "sexually". And why women are so wary, because these creeps are f*cking EVERYWHERE.

So if you don't want us to think you're creepy, grow up and/or get some help. Normal men don't see women as sexual slot machines that any man is entitled to play, with your chances of payout going up the less she wears.
 gtomustang
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/17/2013 11:58:12 AM
alphacuck, if you can't figure out what alot means, apparently you didn't grow up w/ the joke, "the real estate agent always says get a lot while you're young." :)

NDTfan, you are correct, we can't be responsible for what other people think, unless we want to impose mindcrime. BUT, we can control our actions. When I was ten years old and took martial arts, I didn't like wearing that uniform outside the dojo in the real world, b/c people stared. I wasn't thrilled about the attention.

I couldn't control people looking, but I sure could control giving them a reason to look--so I figured at that early an age, change my clothes before I leave, and voila, I had total control over the people who looked at me weirdly. I had control b/c I took away what got their attention. I wore my comfortable clothes, not that uniform I had to keep adjusting, like I see some women with too-short skirts doing every time they saunter and their hips shift the skirt upwards.

I don't flash cash in public b/c I don't want the attention. But I don't need to go the opposite direction and dress like I'm homeless either, to avoid getting attention. we all know when we have something other people want. we can't control them wanting it so badly, but we can control baiting them.

there's a difference between the woman w/ 38DD breasts who complains she can't wear anything, and a woman with B cups and a shirt down to her bellybutton complaining that every guy who isn't hot is creepy.
 NDTfan
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/17/2013 1:42:05 PM

While I agree for the most part the flaw in that argument is that prostitutes have a certain style of dress and these women are indeed sexual slot machines who will accept most any man willing to pay the price of admission. If a woman wants to mimick the style of dress hairstyle and makeup of women who provide sex for a fee then you can't fault some men's minds from wandering into the gutter at the sight of them.

Ah, the old "well, if you wear a wh*res uniform.... " canard.

The idea that you can tell what another person's sexual intentions, sexual history, likelihood of wanting sexual contact from what they choose to wear is the problem.... YOUR problem. It's sl*t shaming and the like and puts the onus on women to avoid unwanted contact from men. It's a woman's place to "control" herself so that men never, ever have to.

Shove it. Your twisted thinking shouldn't have to be problem of any women out there.

I can't get over how many antiquated, dyed in the wool old men actually spew these things and expect us to just say "Oh, of course, let's revert to the style of dress popular in the 50's so that men never have to take responsibility for their OWN reactions, desires and erections. Please, make the only part of me that counts be my sexual behavior and desirability to these old creepy men. I am only allowed to wear certain clothing in certain places at certain times allowed by ANY member of the opposite sex, or he is completely justified in trying to take his shot at the vagina that I'm obviously indiscriminately offering to all penises within a certain radius. And if I wear a bikini to the grocery store, and some guy grabs my ass, it's obviously my fault for tempting him".

It's the same idea behind burkhas, just on a smaller scale.

Ugh. Just ugh.

NDTfan, you are correct, we can't be responsible for what other people think, unless we want to impose mindcrime. BUT, we can control our actions. When I was ten years old and took martial arts, I didn't like wearing that uniform outside the dojo in the real world, b/c people stared. I wasn't thrilled about the attention.

So, instead of telling us to control ourselves, why not tell the men to do that since THEY'RE the ones treating women like pieces of meat on display? Oh, that's right, it's different when you're a man.... with all that biological imperative hooey they like to use to justify THEIR crappy behavior. No woman is responsible for what YOU choose to do, no matter what she's wearing.

there's a difference between the woman w/ 38DD breasts who complains she can't wear anything, and a woman with B cups and a shirt down to her bellybutton complaining that every guy who isn't hot is creepy.

Who are you to dictate to anyone how they should be dressing.... let alone so condescendingly make "allowances"? Why can't you mind your own business?
 grizzelda
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2013 6:18:10 AM

You make it sound like women do not judge men based on what they wear. If I was to show up in public in attire typically worn by a very effeminate man I think most women would assume I was gay.

We all judge others based on how they present themselves and women are just as guilty of this as men are - does that make them creepy or just intuitive and wise.

When women start to routinely sexually assault men using that persons clothing choices as justification for their crime, then you can start using that argument as some sort of rebuttal to NDT's point. Thinking that someone is gay because they are wearing skinny jeans is very different from what the OP is doing.

This guy wasn't complaining that the women he is seeing are damaging his retinas because they are wearing acid washed jeans from the 80's, or that they are wearing polyester pants from the seventies so his aesthetic sensibilities are being assaulted by these fashion crimes. The OP is complaining that women are wearing clothing that "make" him behave is a certain way, and that because all these women are "making" him behave this way, they should stop because he clearly cannot control himself when he sees a little bit of skin.
 elklover13
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/18/2013 10:02:06 AM
It isn't my fault if I turn around while working and a woman has a wardrobe malfunction. I know one woman probably in her 40's ask me where something was and the meat manager told me he would handle the situation and smiled at me. When I was about to leave I noticedhalf of her shirt was not buttoned at all. I was wondering why the meat manager said he would handle it. You could clearly see both of them. Obviously I turned around and left. No one told her that both were showing. There were at least 10 women standing around or walking by.

Not sure what the woman was thinking. Her outfit looked odd though. She wore animal prints.
 grizzelda
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2013 10:54:56 AM
know one woman probably in her 40's ask me where something was and the meat manager told me he would handle the situation and smiled at me. When I was about to leave I noticedhalf of her shirt was not buttoned at all. I was wondering why the meat manager said he would handle it. You could clearly see both of them. Obviously I turned around and left. No one told her that both were showing. There were at least 10 women standing around or walking by.

Perhaps the meat manager has also noticed that you have some issues with the female customers and was trying to steer her away from having to deal with you and your issues. There is a possible reason as to why no one else noticed her wardrobe malfunction ( if it even happened)), that most adults do not spend their time looking to see if women are dressed provocatively or not so they don't tend to see all of the infractions that apparently you can spot with such ease.
 elklover13
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/18/2013 1:03:40 PM
Why not? It is a free country. I am single never married and no kids so I have no wife, fiancee or girlfriend to worry about. That wasn't the reason at all. He actually ask me if we had something in my department she wanted and I told her we no longer carried it. He said he thought we still had it in another department and I was on lunch so by law I am not suppose to help customers on the clock. There is a reason for everything and every post I put on this thread had more details and information that I never told.

Again Assumptions are the worst mistake human beings can make when they don't know the facts.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 52
Posted: 12/18/2013 1:16:11 PM

There is a reason for everything and every post I put on this thread had more details and information that I never told.

Again Assumptions are the worst mistake human beings can make when they don't know the facts.

You do realize that communication is a 2-way street right?
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why do women wear shirts that show alot in public?