Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why do women wear shirts that show alot in public?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Flurr
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Why do women wear shirts that show alot in public?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Have you seen what guys wear??? Some people don't care lol
 elklover13
Msg: 75
Why do women wear shirts that show alot in public?
Posted: 2/11/2014 8:12:37 AM
I would never wear restrictive clothing that is tight myself. I have heard it isn't good for men to wear that. I always wear baggy clothes. It is more of a problem of low self esteem and I am still not happy with my body despite the fact I have lost all the fat off my chest, legs, waist, butt, and both arms. I can't seem to get the fat off the belly and sides. No matter how much I work out or eat healthy. I lost 25 pounds in three months and have kept it off. I am still not close to my weight in high school. I was 6'2, 195lbs the year I graduate. 16 years later I am 6'2, 225lbs. Although I lose more weight during summer. I can be 215lbs in summer and 225lbs during winter.
 wooweewoo13
Msg: 76
Posted: 2/12/2014 3:27:02 AM
As a guy with some scrupples.....I always say...nothing wrong with looking......they put it out there to check out.....Im sure they like the attention....lol
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2014 5:55:09 PM

The more important and more pertinent questions are:

1. what cultural background do you come from, where women have fewer rights to dress as they like than men do? men are allowed to wear shirts of the same description, and you don't complain about them.

2. when were you voted into the position of public morality enforcement officer? Do you have a badge and all?

3. How exactly have you managed to determine the marital and relationship status of all of these people?

He has the same rights to have and express his opinions publicly as anyone else on here. It seems the local support is for those who want and practice over exposing dress ideals. Why doesn't the OP have a right to say what he likes and dislikes?

When someone speaks up in defiance of this norm they're verbally persecuted. Everyone should have a right to their opinion without being judgmentally attacked.

Disagree in an agreeable manner.
 NDTfan
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/8/2014 6:12:53 PM

He has the same rights to have and express his opinions publicly as anyone else on here. It seems the local support is for those who want and practice over exposing dress ideals. Why doesn't the OP have a right to say what he likes and dislikes?

When someone speaks up in defiance of this norm they're verbally persecuted. Everyone should have a right to their opinion without being judgmentally attacked.

Disagree in an agreeable manner.

You can't be judgmental against other people, and then whine when you get a dose of your own medication. It's not persecution, so don't be ridiculous.

He choose to get offended/worked up over something that has nothing to do with him whatsoever. As a woman who likes to make my own decisions (including how I dress), I'm going to push back every single time a stranger tells me that I should take him, his opinions and his preferences into account when I do so.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/8/2014 9:31:54 PM
The bottom line is that clothes look different depending on the person's proportions. An A cup with a broad back can wear the same sized shirt as me, but men would probably pay more attention to a D-DD cup than the woman whose an A cup, how's that my fault. A very petite woman with a little tush can wear yoga leggings but when I wear them, it draws more attention, notice we are wearing the SAME thing, yet getting way different reactions.

The problem is not the clothes! And there is nothing a woman can do to hide her proportions, it's like covering them is gonna cause anyone to not notice it exists anyway.

I can assure you I don't wear anything on purpose, I just am the proportion I am, and I can't find clothes other than turtle necks and sweatpants to somewhat cover (not conceal) the assets.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2014 2:33:02 PM
If you're someone who is busty (such as myself), you're going to get stares no matter what type of top you're wearing.

Because of my body type (busty and medium built) v-neck tops and fitted ones (I'm not saying skin tight) are the most flattering for me. Baggy tops EASILY make me look like I'm a good 15 lbs heavier than what I am. What woman wants to look heavier, LOL?!

I tend to wear what I classify as fashion forward, yet classic clothing. I honestly do not wear what people would call "slutty clothing". And regardless, I get both men and women staring at my chest on a regular basis...at work or in a social setting.

It is human nature to quickly look or glance at something you find attractive, whether it's a person or thing. When I get ticked off is if I get vulgar comments or when someone is actually having a conversation with my chest and not me.
 cooldog65
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2014 3:50:04 AM

Some of them are attention seekers, especially the ones that wear shirts that are a couple of sizes too small.

A very petite woman with a little tush can wear yoga leggings but when I wear them, it draws more attention, notice we are wearing the SAME thing, yet getting way different reactions.

Are you kidding me? So you would get more attention in a pair of yoga pants than Jen Selter? Seriously, somebody is very delusional.

Perhaps the attention isn't necessarily positive.
 NDTfan
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/14/2014 8:25:35 PM

Are you kidding me? So you would get more attention in a pair of yoga pants than Jen Selter? Seriously, somebody is very delusional.

Perhaps the attention isn't necessarily positive.

I didn't know who that is until I googled her. She has a disproportionately large, shapely behind for someone her size She would get more attention than someone built like Miley Cyrus. I'm built like her, and I can tell you from experience that it's very hard to get something that fits your behind, defined quads and everywhere else too. When stores around here started stocking jeans for curvy women, I went down from a 12 to a 7. Goodbye fabric that swishes around your legs, and that weird "pook" you get when you sit in jeans that fit you in the behind but are 5-6 sizes too big in the waist.... Google waist gap.

It sounds like belle has the same issue; a women with a big bubble behind is going to get more attention no matter what size she is overall. And sometimes, no matter what you wear short of a burkha or a hot dog costume, it's impossible to hide things that certain men might find enticing. The disconnect happens when certain men decide that it's for their benefit, and act like a pig because of it.
 wooweewoo13
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/15/2014 4:42:35 AM
Dont have a problem with that....do have a problem with these young girls who think everyone wants to see their bellies that are carrying their babies....more than once have I seen a young girl with a shirt halfway up and showing pregnancies....wierd....as for your initial statement...the norm...just have to know who you can flirt withs all!...lol
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why do women wear shirts that show alot in public?