Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > driving and dating can It really be hard?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 42
driving and dating can It really be hard?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Put it on your profile. Obviously you prefer the walk over buying a car.

You're going to get A LOT of rejection here because of it. It's just the nature of these sites. Don't hide something like that. It's a big point to way too many women, including some hypocrites that don't drive themselves. Take every rejection as a dodged bullet, because a girl who cares that much about if you have a car isn't going to work out with you anyway. They do exist, for a while I claimed I didn't have a car... Just keep looking, and talk to people you see on your walks, you'll find someone who doesn't care that you don't drive
 OutMind
Msg: 43
driving and dating can It really be hard?
Posted: 1/10/2014 12:47:28 PM
Here are my too cents. Most women are going to find a guy without a car, that simply hangs out walking distance pubs and places as someone without ambition and will not want to date you. End of story. So, unless you get a car so you can venture out of your bubble, stick to finding the chics that live around you, or that are looking for that quaint little community.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/10/2014 1:00:48 PM
Outmind, my next suggestion was going to be for him to purchase a bicycle.
Yet we both know that might be more expensive choice than a decent used car!
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/10/2014 1:04:28 PM
LMAO! I just got a visual of a guy picking up a date on his bicycle.
 OutMind
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/10/2014 2:41:02 PM

Outmind, my next suggestion was going to be for him to purchase a bicycle.
Yet we both know that might be more expensive choice than a decent used car!

No kidding. My Look cost more than my Jeep Grand Cherokee.

But if you live in a super urban area, like we have here towards Downtown Atlanta, you have the single speeders. They have their urban subculture, clubs, and many do not have cars. So if the OP lived in a place like that, he would not need to drive. And the single speed chics are quite awesome.
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/11/2014 6:41:58 AM
Yeah. It does kind of depend on where you live. No matter how independent you are with no car, a woman sees it as she has to drive you everywhere... But let's be honest, it's that she expects you to drive her everywhere.

Read some of the old threads on the same topic, that's the summary of their responses: If she doesn't drive, is just because money is tight. If you don't drive, is because you're a deadbeat loser that expects her to do everything for you. If you're a man and don't drive, good luck meeting anyone here.

But there is hope. I'm convinced that these sites are made up almost completely off the bottom of the barrel of single people. I'm sure that you can meet lots of girls offline that really don't care either way if you drive
 TrueBlueLeafsFan
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/16/2014 4:53:39 PM
How many pictures should I have on my profile and out of the ones I have up now which ones should come down??
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2014 6:38:20 PM
Though I'm not looking to meet anyone, them having a car or not, isn't a big issue. I would only have issues if I am called upon regularly to drive someone around while they ran errands. I'd want them to at least have a license so they can borrow my car and I'd give them cash to get my groceries while they were out because I hate grocery shopping. I have one friend that has her license, but no car. She does driving for a guy with a car but no license.
 Flurr
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2014 5:53:42 PM
I'm in a similar boat with no car, I live close to everything and alot of people around here have ebikes but in Windsor its a sign of poverty haha. I sold my car to save money for a down payment on a house, once I know what's left over then I will know what kind of car I can afford. If a woman had a problem with that I would be MORE than happy if she lost interest, you can try and use that excuse if you like.
 Ilovechristmas25
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/27/2014 6:05:22 AM
Wow it must stink not to drive. I love to take daytrips out into the country. Even if you live in the city, most people want to escape it every once in a while.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/27/2014 6:46:01 AM

No matter how independent you are with no car, a woman sees it as she has to drive you everywhere...

True -- and as such, she'll still be questioning your independence, being so dependent on public transportation, friends, etc. to get places not within walking distance.

But let's be honest, it's that she expects you to drive her everywhere.

I wouldn't say that. Having to drive someone everywhere would be picking them up from their place, driving to the destination, then to your place and/or back over to theirs. I don't think girls expect this to be the thing. :) Now, when you're a bit settled down and if her place is the place you two stay more at, then yeah, I guess she'd like her guy to do the driving over to the place, then back.

But there's a difference between driving "us" out to places when at square 1 you're already in the same place with both your cars VS having to pick up & drop off the other person every time you see them. It's a pain.

I'm sure that you can meet lots of girls offline that really don't care either way if you drive

Younger...and coming from poorer backgrounds where not a lot of guys have a car Or in a places like smack-dab in the middle of Chicago where there are many guys without cars. It helps if you're out of the girl's league when most even close to reasonable catches of guys in your age group/location has at least a winter beater car.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > driving and dating can It really be hard?