Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Best Match      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sigungq
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Best MatchPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Lexti wrote:

I'm thinking you won't find any of them on here, but I could be wrong........... ;-)

^^^Already found my ideal guy...right here on POF in fact. The scary part was, I actually posted to a similar thread awhile back about my ideal guy - tall, beard stubble, artistic, intelligent, kind, maybe some tattoos hidden underneath the clothing, etc, etc, etc. It was like I dreamed him to life because not long later browsing through profiles....poof! There he was! We've been like Forrest and Jenny, peas and carrots ever since. ;-)

So which one was it? Bradley, Ryan or Adam?..........
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 24
Best Match
Posted: 12/13/2013 5:08:45 PM
Usmale,

I think you mean "their number", not his number, lol. They don't like their personal contact number shared. One of them is my friend's man, I so wish he had a single brother, lol.
 Lexti
Msg: 25
Best Match
Posted: 12/13/2013 6:28:19 PM

So which one was it? Bradley, Ryan or Adam?..........

I would say he is a morph of Ryan and Adam. :-) Bradley is currently dating a 20 yr old model. Go figure!
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 26
Best Match
Posted: 12/13/2013 6:58:26 PM

We've been like Forrest and Jenny, peas and carrots ever since.

I want what she's having...... :))))
 fieryredhead77
Msg: 27
Best Match
Posted: 12/13/2013 8:17:51 PM
^^ you are cute and nice. You will find it too.
 rosewood_girl
Msg: 28
Best Match
Posted: 12/13/2013 8:25:59 PM
My ideal partner. I had found someone that I thought was ideal, but for some reason the feelings weren't mutual. So he does exist, but unfortunately not for my benefit. I like nerdy men, but masculine in physical features. Someone who is tall, average body and shares same common interests such as videogames, music and other activities. Someone who can make me laugh, and is an intellectual. Maybe a bit of a high standard since not everyone is equal. I like unique. As far as the way I am, I'm sure it could work, but like I said, I met someone with those similiar qualities that I liked, and it didn't seem to work out. But this usually happens when I lower my standards as well. We would probably be doing nerdy things together. Play videogames and go to concert. And maybe one day build a family. I would like that person to be domestic and more into staying at home than going out every night to a club or a bar.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 29
Best Match
Posted: 12/13/2013 8:34:41 PM
I'm seeking a reasonably fit, athletic and intelligent man with a great sense of humor who treats me with love, respect and kindness. I miss the snuggling, intimacy, conversation, teamwork and FUN of a committed, loving relationship.

It would be great to have a partner who also loves to hike, and also enjoys art and jazz music. I want a man who shares my healthy lifestyle.
 ladymercury
Msg: 30
Best Match
Posted: 12/13/2013 9:09:22 PM
Oh, well, for sure he'd have to be a challenge. Tough, strong, quick as a whip. Resilient and keen. Unromantic yet worldly. The kind of man who can say a whole lot without knowing anything, or say nothing and know it all.

And no, he doesn't exist right here in the now. He can't. If he did, I wouldn't be sitting in my den with a cat and a dog, typing away on a strange machine admiring the Christmas tree my girlfriends and I created last weekend. I'd be spending time with this best match man I'm imagining here. I hope we'd be making out.

But yes, some man like this is kickin' around somewhere, I'm sure of it.

So for the sake of discussion, yes, if I was the kind of woman some man was seeking, some woman who met the standards of this man, then yes, that could turn into something. Open season on the best match, standards, time thingy.
 John255317
Msg: 31
Best Match
Posted: 12/13/2013 11:24:05 PM
No way I can explain what I am looking for on here. When talking to anyone and she asks what I am looking for, what I tell them is I am looking for an "atmosphere", something that I just will know when it happens, can't put into words.
 aanarchist
Msg: 32
Best Match
Posted: 12/14/2013 5:54:12 AM
I'd like to point out that jenny treated forest like crap, rejecting his every advance and preferring the company of trashy men. On top of that when she does accept him she runs off the day after leaving him heartbroken, only returning once she was dying from aids and leaving a son that is potentially not even his for him to raise. That is not a keeper, that is a word starting with w and ending in ore.

anyway my ideal match is someone who actually has a heart. As much as I find smarts attractive, I'd rather have someone who is an all around good person who I can talk to about personal things without worry about any backlash. Most women don't know how to treat a man well, so I'm lookin for that unicorn that does. Unfortunately in today's society that's obscenely rare. I'll also concede that most men don't know how to be true men so both sides have it rough. What a society we live in where men don't act like men and women don't act like women heh.
 Lexti
Msg: 33
Best Match
Posted: 12/14/2013 7:16:13 AM

I'd like to point out that jenny treated forest like crap, rejecting his every advance and preferring the company of trashy men. On top of that when she does accept him she runs off the day after leaving him heartbroken, only returning once she was dying from aids and leaving a son that is potentially not even his for him to raise. That is not a keeper, that is a word starting with w and ending in ore.

Jeezum Petes, aanarchist, we all know what happened in Forrest Gump. The term was used in the beginning of the movie when they were kids, best friends, and enjoying an easy, simple time together. Stop being so negative!

I'd rather have someone who is an all around good person who I can talk to about personal things without worry about any backlash. Most women don't know how to treat a man well, so I'm lookin for that unicorn that does. Unfortunately in today's society that's obscenely rare. I'll also concede that most men don't know how to be true men so both sides have it rough. What a society we live in where men don't act like men and women don't act like women heh.

It's not as rare as a unicorn as you think. She will come along when you least expect it.
 c_deacon
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Best Match
Posted: 12/14/2013 9:39:02 AM
My philosophy on matching with others is this: "Offer what you seek, and seek what you offer!!"

That should about do it....;)

cd
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 35
Best Match
Posted: 12/14/2013 11:25:38 AM

aanarchist, we all know what happened in Forrest Gump. The term was used in the beginning of the movie when they were kids, best friends, and enjoying an easy, simple time together

Aanarchist: I was mainly talking about peas and carrots. Easy....simple.....and together.

And remember, to forgive is divine.....and what comes around goes around, right? ;) Quite frankly, I don't think "we" know our true best match until "we" have him/her. The world is filled with all around good people, it's just that one person who can truly accept and understand all of "you" will be your best match.
 aanarchist
Msg: 36
Best Match
Posted: 12/14/2013 12:11:38 PM
Lol sorry i just really didn't like jenny from that damn movie. Sadly my divinity has it's limits, i consider myself pretty laid back but certain things aren't so easy to forgive and forget. Anyway I like the idea of "seek what compliments you" imo, sounds like a better fit. I get the idea of offer what you seek though, and I don't think most people understand that concept as they have severe entitlement issues. Hell disney cartoons raised my generation to believe that anything your heart desires will come to you, forgetting to add at the end "as long as you work for it" lol.
 TOaks91360
Msg: 37
Best Match
Posted: 12/14/2013 1:21:53 PM
Rich nympho that own a vineyard
 OutMind
Msg: 38
Best Match
Posted: 1/31/2014 8:27:34 AM
She is a nympho, that is athletic. Has an intellectual and artistic side. She is skinny. Can have a conversation about Nietzsche, Quantum Mechanics and Picasso with the same breath. She is very, very attractive but does not care to look like the 10s and is comfortable in her own skin, to the point of not even wearing make-up.

Is this an ideal or a real person? A real person. I'm dating her right now. And she is awesome.

What does she like about me? Taking my sweater off.
 Midwest_Southwest2
Msg: 39
Best Match
Posted: 1/31/2014 9:05:45 AM

Bradley Cooper. Cause he's just so damn sexy!
or Adam Levine. Cause he's just so damn sexy and can sing to me.
Ryan Gosling could get it too.
That's all.

That’s great!
With a personality that blends the Dalai Lama, Al Franken and David Corn.
Of course he exists! lol
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Best Match