Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > humor  > Funny movies      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Funny moviesPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
For movies like this, I don't consider what a male reviewer has to say. I saw men reviewing Bridesmaids and they're just negative about women being bawdy. That movie was hysterical. I didn't care for Bad Grandpa. I saw clips of Snatched and didn't find them to be funny, but we all have a different sense of humor. What did you think of Trainwreck?
 Inicia
Msg: 27
Funny movies
Posted: 7/13/2017 5:48:21 PM
I am not sure I have see it.. I will check it out like comedy, done well.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Funny movies
Posted: 7/14/2017 9:41:46 AM

All the movies that have been touted on this forum are old movies stale overdone. try something new.

just as well this is in the humour section, as the movies you've referenced are old.
secondhand lions....coming of age movie......yeh that's not been done TO DEATH :)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Funny movies
Posted: 7/14/2017 12:43:40 PM
Some people may have missed seeing older funny movies. I see Waking Ned Devine was mentioned, which was hysterical. That reminds me of the Brit comedy, Death at a Funeral, the original one.
 Inicia
Msg: 30
Funny movies
Posted: 7/19/2017 8:23:19 AM
Roxy, did you see snatched not an old movie or a coming of age movie, I did see the interview, which is why i offered my critique. so what if i liked the premise of second hand lions it is no older of a premise than bad grampa??? and while often documentaries present new ideas most are not comedies. which is what we are speaking of, the movie you mentioned Kiss Kiss bang Bang i have never watched, maybe i will check it out. Thanks for a honest suggestion. I do enjoy funny if it is insightful..
 CatManDo1959
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Funny movies
Posted: 9/27/2017 11:26:04 PM
I want to step outside the last decade. I used to like the Marx Bros more, for their quick wit. And I picked up their Flywheel Shyster and Flywheel book from a used bookstore, and it always brings a smile to me. But movies...I liked the 80's movies Johnny Dangerously (best use of the 'running gag') and, in it's use, it fares a little better than I'm Gonna Get You Sucker, which I also like. Kentucky Fried Movie, by the Airplane! writers, kinda dated and part of the special is having seen it at a drive-in.
Galaxy Quest? I liked Mars Attacks better
 Kabala6
Msg: 32
Funny movies
Posted: 11/14/2017 7:07:49 AM
I love the classics like most, but they do seem to work better if not seen too often (like several years between viewings). A few classics for me are The Big Lebowski, Dumb and Dumber, Friday, Stripes, Kingpin, Grumpy Old Men, Young Frankenstein.

In more recent years there have been some gems (IMO) to come out, like This is the End, Forgetting Sarah Marshall (I know, a Rom Com more than straight comedy but damn if it's not a riot lol), Shaun of the Dead, Role Models.
Show ALL Forums  > humor  > Funny movies