Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Christmas Question      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dpwesu
Msg: 36
Christmas Question Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Women spend more time thinking about what men are thinking than men spend thinking....

Amen to that....and it's a huge waste of time.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 37
Christmas Question
Posted: 1/1/2014 2:08:19 PM
hey OP,

not sure who thought it was impersonal but if he said his dream car was an aston martin and he works from home and doesn't have a wireless mouse, it is not only practical but shows you actually listened to his dreams.

It was practical, thoughtful AND fun.

Nicely done :)
 carolann0308
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Christmas Question
Posted: 1/2/2014 11:03:51 AM
I think gifts like that really show you listen to what a man has to say. You got him the practical gift he needed and a thoughtful little gem that will make him smile.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 39
Christmas Question
Posted: 12/7/2014 12:40:52 PM
Would LUV to see an update

I thought it was a clever & useful gift!
 ozsealady1
Msg: 40
Christmas Question
Posted: 12/7/2014 2:08:40 PM
I think it is an awesome gift.

Can I have one too?
 petula1908
Msg: 41
Christmas Question
Posted: 12/7/2014 4:15:39 PM
It sounds fantastic to me!!! Great gift!! A real boy's toy.

Why do you bother with worrying about what others think? Sometimes they are a bit jealous and want to put a downer on things.

A wallet, is functional yes, but if he needs it, then that is fine. After 6 months I wouldn't be spending a lot of money and what you have bought seems appropriate providing they were not horrendously expensive.
 gtomustang
Msg: 42
Christmas Question
Posted: 12/7/2014 4:48:05 PM
A bj for a present? now there's a gift that really sucks :)

It is ironic that finding the perfect gift, is as much about our own pleasure, as their's. still 'n' all, there's fun in finding that one thing someone didn't know existed.
 Dan198508
Msg: 43
Christmas Question
Posted: 12/7/2014 6:13:29 PM
I don't know what mouse Aston Martin manufactures but, unless it's a Razer DeathAdder 3,500 dpi it's horse crap with juice on top.

With it I can get a headshot before a head appears on my screen. Be serious about your mouse. Your "e-peen" depends on it! :) :) :)
 cooldog65
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Christmas Question
Posted: 12/7/2014 10:36:35 PM
Would LUV to see an update

OP has left the pond. Oh well...

A bj for a present? now there's a gift that really sucks :)

Now we're talking! The gift that always sucks...Slob on the knob!
 southernsweet2205
Msg: 45
Christmas Question
Posted: 12/8/2014 4:00:52 PM
Honey he is simply just lame! Don't you dare take that gift back, it is the thought that counts and if he is going to be that rude and heartless then maybe you need to cut ties and find someone who will love what you bought cause it came from you or will atleast act like they love it!
Best Wishes
 Dan198508
Msg: 46
Christmas Question
Posted: 12/8/2014 4:11:10 PM
Honey he is simply just lame! Don't you dare take that gift back, it is the thought that counts and if he is going to be that rude and heartless then maybe you need to cut ties and find someone who will love what you bought cause it came from you or will atleast act like they love it!
Best Wishes

You seem to neglect the importance of a mouse in a man's life. To me it's more important than a car or a home. It's like your parents find you a new boyfriend to replace the one you're in love with. It just fails on so many levels...it's not personal at all trust me, I just wouldn't touch that crap while I breathe that's all.

It's Razer DeathAdder or nothing, I will not leave my Razer until the last drop of blood leaves my body.
 petula1908
Msg: 47
Christmas Question
Posted: 12/8/2014 4:34:28 PM
Nowhere is it stated that she has even given the guy the gifts yet. She has not seen his reaction, only comments from her co workers. Hopefully he will accept her thoughtful gift with grace, no matter how he really feels about it.
 Dan198508
Msg: 48
Christmas Question
Posted: 12/8/2014 5:56:42 PM
Nowhere is it stated that she has even given the guy the gifts yet. She has not seen his reaction, only comments from her co workers. Hopefully he will accept her thoughtful gift with grace, no matter how he really feels about it.

If he's serious about his videogaming he can never accept a mouse from anyone as a gift. Check...it's like someone gifting you prescription glasses with random optics because they look cool and expects you to go blind wearing them because you have to appreciate the gift.

It's just wrong. My razer mouse has over 20 settings, and if only one varies by a bit, I will feel it in gameplay. Just one out of 20. It's like, me and my mouse is 1 person. Like the Father and the Mesiah are one. I'm just saying, you're taking a huge risk by buying such a gift.

It's many years of gameplay that has lead to choosing the right mouse and the right settings that fit my brain, reflexes, hand grip etc. How can you buy something like that it's just stupid. You're insulting the guy...you're saying, your gaming skills are so fkall that any mouse fits. Lol.
 sigungq
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Christmas Question
Posted: 12/8/2014 6:54:38 PM

mala87bb wrote:

Hi, thanks for reading...
I have a dilemma. I was just informed that my gift for my significant other was "lame"... He works from home, with a laptop and uses a wireless mouse. Jus a plain black mouse... We were watching James Bond the other night when he informed me his dream car was an aston Martin... Long story short I bought him an aston martin wireless mouse. It's made by aston martin, has functioning rear and head lights and evidently also makes engine noises. I also got him a much needed wallet. I have no idea what he got me... Should I return and start over? We've been dating six months, exclusive for two.

Thank you!
Mala

***SIGH***
 CharminC
Msg: 50
Christmas Question
Posted: 12/8/2014 9:51:42 PM
You seem to neglect the importance of a mouse in a man's life. To me it's more important than a car or a home. It's like your parents find you a new boyfriend to replace the one you're in love with. It just fails on so many levels...it's not personal at all trust me, I just wouldn't touch that crap while I breathe that's all.

It's Razer DeathAdder or nothing, I will not leave my Razer until the last drop of blood leaves my body.

The fact that you own a Razer mouse and feel this way tells me ALOT about you. All your other posts are starting to make sense to me

This is akin to blackmail material. I have knowledge! Muahahahahhaaaaa *rubs hands*

OP
Do you always listen to other people when they are selling you negativity?
Have a little more trust and faith in yourself girl!
Give the gift... if YOU want to.

edit*
oh crap...I see now OP left
oh well
I still have blackmail material
and a great gift idea!
*grins
 wooweewoo13
Msg: 51
Christmas Question
Posted: 12/9/2014 3:47:01 AM
Would call him lame as it was very thoughtfull!....good luck!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Christmas Question
Posted: 4/11/2016 2:50:14 PM

He hinted he needed a new wallet though...

A new wallet + that car-mouse would be a good idea. He couldn't complain. He'd like both. Obviously a plane ticket to Oktoberfst and a range rover is a joke, unless you're rich -- then it'd be a half-joke.

I don't think you were in any predicament.
 gtomustang
Msg: 53
for when you only come once a year
Posted: 4/11/2016 4:51:47 PM
I was going to wonder if people still use mice in this time of laptops and personal devices, but I was at the model shop today getting paints, and the cashier used one. Not an Aston Martin one, tho. that would have been cool, come to think of it.

the die cast tractors might be neat, tho, if the parts move. I already have 3 wallets. wonder how the OP is doing. Hopefully they live hip connected to hip, pay for everything, and do what everyone else does, after a lot of courting, that's the recipe for perfection in this forum :)
 gtomustang
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/17/2016 6:21:31 PM
that's good, I unintentionally collect die cast...and the dust that comes with 'em. I think I have an old Hubley tractor knock-off, can't see any markings on it. what I need is some cabinets to put them in so they won't gather a coating of dust :(
 gtomustang
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/17/2016 6:51:03 PM
no, I think its a replication of a 1920's Farmall, its grey in color with a steerable front axle (The plastic steering wheel is broke, alas). I would think Hubley would have its name cast into it, I have hubley cars and the screw together models. I would love to find a bunch of old Ford tractor grills in real life, would make for an interesting grill to put on a rat rod (I have a dashboard guage pod from a Chris Craft, getting there one step at a time :) ). Wouldn't mind the old Volvos, was at a car show today with a nice P1800. Throw a T-5 drivetrain in to replace the Triumph setup, that would be a hoot.
 gtomustang
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/18/2016 6:34:42 PM
My father used to have a J-D model 40: http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/0/3/38-john-deere-40.html

Helped to pull the neighbor's boyfriend's car out of the dirt driveway after the snow melt, every year. But the shift pattern is the weirdest ever.
 ndm147
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/18/2016 11:01:13 PM
Guys and cars!!

My late husband was very generous with Christmas gifts ( lots of expensive jewelry and such) but he also would ask me what I wanted or needed. Sometimes it was just a practical gift: a new rug cleaning machine, or (gasp) once I asked for a new step stool as I am short and need it to reach the upper cabinets. He would always hide these gifts behind the tree, mostly not wrapped and we would all laugh. The last gift he bought for me was a new keurig coffee pot; he died on Christmas day. I did not open the box till later but it was a gift from his heart.

Recently, my son, before he got married, asked me if it is ok to get his future wife household gifts instead of or in addition to the usual girly gifts she wished for. I said sure, but test it out with her to see if she has a practical side and a sense of humor about getting the newest version of the coffee pot she has been talking about!
 gtomustang
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/19/2016 10:41:22 AM
good point--some people want a "practical gift", tho as a child I wondered, if it was so practical, why didn't the receiver already own one? :) but sometimes we see an invention that would help someone, but they wouldn't spend the money on themselves to make a task easier. so, we who love them, spend it for them. I think it shows as much love, as buying someone a beautiful babble that would look so good on them.
 gtomustang
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/19/2016 3:58:14 PM
Thanks for the vid, now i'm going to raise you one:

http://www.qvea.org/Photos/Videos/Videos.html

this is located a town over from me. Twice a summer, they hold a tractor show with a big outdoor market of...anything. in the back woods is a large sandpit, maybe 10 or more old steam shovels from the 1920's or so just diggin' in. Toys for grown up boys. and people riding around their old tractors, and of course, the "hit-or-miss engines" and their rhythmic sound...like these:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hit+or+miss+engine+videos&view=detail&mid=D0B46A58E690C5812288D0B46A58E690C5812288&FORM=VIRE

last big winter storm we had in 1979, my father fired up the Jaegar he restored and ran the heat in the house all night with it, like farmers did before electricity reached out into the countryside....talk about white noise...chug chug chug poof! chug chug chug chug

yep ndm, men and their mechanical machines...:) *sigh* if only women were interested in cool old stuff instead of shoes, i'd have aphrodisiacs and would finally get laid :) lol
 gtomustang
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/20/2016 8:06:34 AM
not mine, but like mine:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=jaeger+hit+or+miss+engine&view=detail&mid=C88DB4A9C16BE528F42CC88DB4A9C16BE528F42C&FORM=VIRE

a pulley would be bolted onto one of those wheels, and drive a belt that would power a washing machine, generator, water pump, whatever. adjust the flow of gas, and it runs at any speed you want.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Christmas Question