Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Income Level and Dating Expectations      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 126
Income Level and Dating ExpectationsPage 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Ainen, So what category would a motorcycle owner fall into?? if he still rides a bicycle for fun..
You see the problem is you never really rode a motorcycle. You get on one go out in the canyons to ride the twisty and you would find out that at the end of the day you are tired and you can feel your sore legs. Its actually a work out to ride a bike fast and moving with the bike to keep speed. You don't just sit there. You see, Most of the guys I ride with also ride bicycles and hike often. I know of a couple that kayak in the ocean as well. Next time try and kayak for 12-15 miles in the open ocean. That could be one of the best work out you would have for upper body.
Not one of them smokes or uses drugs. I would also show you some HOTTTT women who ride bikes.
Stop hanging out at the corner where you always do.
There are different bikers out there as there are different people.
Come here to Venice beach and people watch. You would see plenty of women that when they sit on the bike there A$$ swallows the seat, We call it taco A$$. Its not a pretty sight trust me on that. You can hear the spokes on the bike crying for help as they ride by..
From what I see is that people with higher income tend to have more time to do things they like.
Its nice when you meet someone with education and income that is close to yours. With a life style that matches yours as well.
 Ainen
Msg: 127
Income Level and Dating Expectations
Posted: 12/24/2014 7:03:53 AM

So what category would a motorcycle owner fall into?? if he still rides a bicycle for fun..

If forced to pick one, probably a bicyclist. My neighbor has both types of bike and he's courteous, coasting into his driveway.

There are different bikers out there as there are different people.

True. Regarding the above studies showing rich people behave worse, I've observed this is true for many "species" of people. The irresponsible bicyclists who zoom through red lights and stop signs while on the street, and who bully pedestrians on bike paths, tend to be the "spandex clad Lance Armstrong wannabes" on expensive looking bikes, while the people who wear normal clothes and whose bikes look less expensive tend to share the road / path politely. Kayakers who cut across fisherman's lines and splash near fishermen look richer, while the ones in less expensive kayaks are quiet and go a good distance from lines. Of course some of the "poor" looking well behaved people could be secretly wealthy, not flaunting their wealth, the good Warren Buffet types.

Come here to Venice beach and people watch. You would see plenty of women that when they sit on the bike there A$$ swallows the seat, We call it taco A$$. Its not a pretty sight trust me on that. You can hear the spokes on the bike crying for help as they ride by..

Queen has a pair of songs about them. I'm not going to bash overweight people who exercise in public, as it's good they seem to be trying to improve their health and don't feel they have to hide in Curves. My only request is to be in single file if being side to side blocks the entire path.

From what I see is that people with higher income tend to have more time to do things they like.

The richer people seem less organized.

Regarding the original question about neighborhoods, people in my region are highly tribal and judgmental about where you live. I'm a big reverse snob about them, thinking well of people from "redneck" and "hood" areas. Not fond of suburban sprawl, gentrification or the richest "old money" areas, but am open minded about individuals, giving them the chance to show they're not typical. One way POF is better for me than OKC is POF is much more "redneck" with more down to earth working class people. POF is also better for being more diverse; it's somewhat rare to see a nonwhite profile on OKC. When I lived in the inner city, the medium household income in my zip code was under $20,000. My current zip code is poor enough to keep away gold diggers.

The three gals I met from online who seemed like they could be "the one" were all from POF: one in a working class neighborhood near the city limits with really affordable property values, one in my neighborhood, and one way out in the country. They lived within their means.
 AlienHumanHybrid
Msg: 128
Posted: 12/24/2014 9:46:51 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm .......as I check out the profiles of the women I won't be dating (and I check out many types -not just those to whom I am immediately attracted), the most common interest I've seen expressed in writing is guys with Harleys -even more so than any feature relating to the guys themselves -though tattoos are a close second. Never have I seen anything about guitars or ten speed bikes -though I have seen a lot about big trucks, quads and even general references to getting muddy.

I have zero income at present (family obligations, etc.) -so I have zero dating expectations. It could be done -say.... going on a bike ride or something (sold my awesome truck to get my awesome bike) -but it would probably lead to being offered something at some point. That wouldn't normally be an issue -but since I could not return the gesture, it would get weird.
Of course, that's assuming I could find a date who was fine with me not having an income -which is possible, but would definitely thin the pool.
I've been temporarily sans cash after meeting someone and dating in some form in the past -and the other would usually be more likely to offer something if they knew -and would say something like "it's cool, I can afford it" -then they would persist and insist even if I didn't want anything.
It just gets weird.
I'm generally low-budget and low maintenance -even when I have disposable income.

I wouldn't mind being with someone who was more financially successful as long as finances were a separate issue (which is very difficult) -but am actually averse to many things which often accompany "success" (primarily other people, compromise, complicated or fast-paced lifestyle).
Those with money tend to do things which require money. Some might think... "I have to stay home and eat a sandwich" -whereas I would rather eat a sandwich and play guitar on the patio than go out to eat at a nice restaurant (live music would be an exception) even if people didn't incessantly annoy me.
The weirdness for me would be a probable difference in lifestyle and future plans.
I'm a solitary, quiet, craftsman, country boy, nature freak type. I seek just enough from the world to be as separate from the mire and clamor of it as possible -while being able to deal with it on my terms, so as to affect it positively. Money is part of the equation -and can allow independence -but often requires dependence and compromise. Some are both financially successful and conscientious, but I'd rather be without it than do what some do to get it.
 activemelaney
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2014 10:47:03 AM
Alien

Odd, I am not nor do I have have friends interested in Harleys or tattoos. You must live in a unique locale if these are what the women find most attractive in a man. Some Bubba heaven. All you can eat buffets, and BBQs. Be sure to save up for a Harley and a tattoo.

As others above rightly assert. It's not about the income but associated variables as in no tattoos and no Harley. Much more attracted to the guy on the squash court than in the tattoo parlor.
 AlienHumanHybrid
Msg: 130
Posted: 12/24/2014 11:58:07 AM
I will never have either. The results were from searching many locales -just my experience.

I've never desired to don some costume or persona to attract someone.

San Antonio is pretty much Bubba heaven, though. Lots of buffets and BBQs around here.

If you don't come out smelling like a burnt mesquite tree, it ain't a real BBQ place.

I suppose I should write in a yeeeha or something here.

It's also a big city -so there are all types running around for every taste.

um.....darlin'
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 131
Posted: 12/25/2014 9:02:14 AM
I personally don't care for Harley's or any motorcycle brand. Another instance where men are trying to predict what women find attractive and they are coming up with a big fail.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 132
Posted: 12/25/2014 9:24:17 AM
^

I hate to tell ya this hotdogshop100 (wtf name?) ah well, uh yeah... you're seriously man hating bad.

This is you:

"Personally I do nothing wrong, and men are terrible people"

Will that be diet, or regular hater aid?

Or am I a pig for giving you a diet option?
 ohenryx
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2014 10:03:16 AM
To the 2 above: If you kids can’t play nice, I’m going to send both of you to your rooms without supper.

Hotdogshop100, you are generalizing here. Attributing something to all men that only a few men actually embody. The percentage of men who own a Harley or other motorcycle is rather small, less than 10%. The number of women who mention motorcycles and motorcycle riding in their profile is higher than that. I have looked at thousands of women’s profiles over the last 5 years, and my best guess would 20 to 25%.

And you, CTRLvector, lighten up. What she said might have been “generalizing”, but it was not “man hating bad”. Not by any means. I will agree with you on one thing, though: “wtf name?” I don’t think she has the foggiest clue what men immediately think when they see that, or she would never have chosen that nom-de-plume.

To AlienHumanHybrid: I like San Antonio. I have several friends there, and I try to get in at least once every year for a visit. I would be quite happy to live there, if they had a better / better paying job market.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 134
Posted: 12/25/2014 10:10:54 AM
Hotdogshop....

Your posts don't align with those nice eyes:)
 CTRLvector
Msg: 135
Posted: 12/25/2014 10:28:00 AM
And you, CTRLvector, lighten up. What she said might have been “generalizing”, but it was not “man hating bad”.

Well that was the 2nd time I called her a man hater if im correct, the first being when she did it on another thread. And I just figure, you know its Christmas... lol naw, I was just giving her a target. So I could get some hating, because im a man. Who got used by a women, when I wanted to be with this women. And its like, wheres the respect for unity on an issue instead of getting split on a gender issue.

Dude I was thinking like with the hotdogname+100hotdogs= ..... (MY MIND IT BURNS ME WITH IMAGES!!!)

AHhhhh

hahahahha cloony hilarious
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 136
Posted: 12/25/2014 10:31:27 AM
Where's TacoTruck69 ?
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 137
Posted: 12/25/2014 12:34:39 PM
^^^Ewwww, I did not need that image *mind bleach
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 138
Posted: 12/25/2014 4:03:17 PM
Problem is Ctrlvector hates itself so it follows me around the board like a lost puppy.
 gtomustang
Msg: 139
Posted: 12/25/2014 5:28:56 PM
I'll have to agree with controlvector, there does seem to be a theme of generalizing. But there are men who make sweeping statements about women, and they get accused of being women-haters, and in the end, whether one is accused of hating the men or the women, I still suspect...they don't hate the gender, they are fustrated with the BS they've dealt with in the past to get what they really preferred.

Of course, there's also some wealth-hatin' going on. And some status-hatin' going on, whether its a Harley owner or a BMW owner or a home owner. At least we aren't partial, we try to get every group we can think of. Some of our beliefs exist in our heads, some exist from the type of person/catagory we've been exposed to. Ever hear a person exclaim, "gee, I'd never expect such behavior from a college graduate/person of that background/someone so wealthy/etc"? Hopefully we can all learn to look past the Harley or the house or the education level to see the real person and go, "yep, they're an a-hole."
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 140
Posted: 12/25/2014 5:56:35 PM
^^^ ding ding ding right answer
 blueguy99881
Msg: 141
Posted: 12/25/2014 6:31:21 PM
Oh wow this thread. Safe to say the main topic is, do women base men's income levels on dating. Simple answer.... Yes!!! Guys any woman that tells u otherwise is lying. High income in a guy is so important to women. Money, power, model looks is what attracts women. Personality and coolness attracts men.
 ohenryx
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2014 6:47:18 PM

Oh wow this thread. Safe to say the main topic is, do women base men's income levels on dating. Simple answer.... Yes!!! Guys any woman that tells u otherwise is lying. High income in a guy is so important to women. Money, power, model looks is what attracts women. Personality and coolness attracts men.

I don't know what you've been smoking, but in the spirit of the season would you mind sharing some of it?

(Cue up "The Band" playing "Don't Bogart That Joint")
 CTRLvector
Msg: 143
Posted: 12/25/2014 7:04:31 PM

Problem is Ctrlvector hates itself so it follows me around the board like a lost puppy

Actually the reality its for lack of a engaging life, not in school right now, ex situation, holidays a little light on the family. That is why it seems like I am following you around. When really im just up every threads ass. But if you want to flatter yourself, go ahead

But I get it, im tracking, getting burned sucks. If you are interested blaming, then please take account for the fact that while men have hurt you apparently, not all men have hurt you. And if you understand men as a single connected force, that is called baggage. Because metaphorically its as cumbersome as dragging luggage around.

You have to create something that defines them as individuals, think of them as having separate souls. The way you are thinking your impulse is to blame the soul of every man.

And yeah everything GTO said, read his post till its burned into your braincells.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 144
Posted: 12/25/2014 7:47:22 PM
Problem is Ctrlvector hates itself so it follows me around the board like a lost puppy.

Maybe wanting to be one of 101 hot dogs? ;) To be fair, this isn't an active forum arena -- so it'd be easy to mistake something as "following". Probably more like "busting my balls".

there does seem to be a theme of generalizing. But there are men who make sweeping statements about women, and they get accused of being women-haters

True. I think that's an established theme though in (western) society. There are many negative stereotypes about men that are accepted and allowed to repeat, etc. Very few if any in reference to women. Even if somewhat widely agreed upon, it's still frowned upon and has way less room for any acceptance (outside guy-talk rooms). Which to me, only propagates the chauvinistic notion of men being emotionally strong, women being emotionally delicate (weak). But that's a whole other subject about what would be better for society in the long run, etc.

in the end, whether one is accused of hating the men or the women, I still suspect...they don't hate the gender, they are fustrated with the BS they've dealt with in the past to get what they really preferred.

Yes and no. Yes, it's way too hasty to assume just because they say "men are like... (sweeping neg generalization)" or "women are like... (sweeping neg generalization)" that they have ill-will toward a gender pretty much entirely. But there is no shortage on hatin' on pretty much a whole gender -- but usually it's just temporary, but after a while just having Issues until they have better experiences of dating/relationships than their past.

Of course, there's also some wealth-hatin' going on. And some status-hatin' going on, whether its a Harley owner or a BMW owner or a home owner.

I think it's silly to hate on a guy for driving a BMW or a Harley. But there are two things that Do deserve to be laughed at:

(a) Guys driving bmw or harley For the main purpose to be seen as "that kinda guy".
(b) Gals who go get a bit moist or more over a guy because of that (who his poser-strategy works upon)

But yes, driving a BMW by itself? Nothing wrong with that. Like motorcycles and ended up getting a Harley? Ok, fine. Doing it to get chicks, boost image, to get attention from certain demographics while it's not a great financial decision? "Ha Ha!" (Nelson from Simpsons voice)

Like it being too "accepted" for female stereotypes/generalizations on men -- so too is on guys who make decent money. Like a guy facing against the wind against a female stereotype against guys, so too are guys who drive a BMW in neighborhoods where there aren't so many.

BUT, just like an innocent BMW driver will get without-effort a random single gal a bit moist under the (panty) collar, so too will be some people (many dudes) rolling their eyes when said BMWs aren't common at all out there.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 145
Posted: 12/25/2014 8:18:48 PM
IMO, money & assets should NOT be viewed as "filthy lucre".

I am an older middle aged woman, not a kid, & I wouldn't be involved w/ someone who at my age hadn't attained a certain level of financial comfort.

And no, I'm not talking BMW's & Harleys, just not a poor schmuck or a man who wants to go "Dutch" after asking to meet me. Never had it happen, happy to be off the net for OLD for a couple of years and if I ever looked again, I wouldn't waste my time on a man who wasn't into me.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2014 10:11:05 PM
blonde asserted:

IMO, money & assets should NOT be viewed as "filthy lucre".

I am an older middle aged woman, not a kid, & I wouldn't be involved w/ someone who at my age hadn't attained a certain level of financial comfort.

I'm with blonde! Well, except for that part about being a middle aged woman - I checked the plumbing and definately a dude.
Anyway, the dirty little secret is that us boomers have done a rotten job of saving for our "golden" years. A third of boomers, particularly later boomers, have almost less in the bank than my son, a college junior. For many of us we are heading in to our "lead" years!

Besides the requisite spiritual soundness I too desire a mate who has demonstrated financial wisdom through the years. Am I asking for a woman with an impressive 8 digit portfolio? No ( although it would be a pleasant surprise), but financial wisdom can be a simple as knowing what you can do and shouldn't. Learning to live for the long haul (delayed gratification) may not be as fun as living for today but it is way more rewarding.
I've never bought anything for personal consumption without having the financial ability to pay cash for it - even though I do use credit cards. I have never and would never borrow to go on vacation - If I cannot afford something I set my sights lower. That is excepting my house, and that was paid in full less than 10 years later. My truck is pushing 15, and the only "toys" I have are the computers I build from parts in my office and the tools in my shop.

While I realize excrement happens, I don't think it unrealistic to desire a woman who is on the same financial page as I am.

TK
 CTRLvector
Msg: 147
Posted: 12/25/2014 10:24:20 PM

us boomers have done a rotten job of saving for our "golden" years. A third of boomers, particularly later boomers, have almost less in the bank than my son,

Yeah maybe that would be typical if the "boomer" developed a crack addiction. I have a hard time believing you are well put together. Old boomers? Yeah? "golden" love the key words.

I got an idea, we should sell our souls to venture capitalists. I mean if they want extra 0000000's in the bank that's honorable. And I think that its always good to have 0's. But it isn’t the boomers gone done, industry went down. Don't get it confused.

from 2001 to I was a network service admin / office beotch
from 2003 to 2008. I was a very proficient draftsmen, I was fast, it was an easy job and I was getting paid what a college graduate would without the debt.

So how did the recession hurt your career, I mean for the vast majority of the time, you had nothing but relative ease of finding work. Communication industry... I mean if anything it was a damn slow ride.

So now boomer, what do you think I did after my industry failed?
Doesn't matter the point is don't feel sorry for yourself, or feel you've earned anything if your son makes you look poor.

lol you gonna be the monopole guy holding his hat out after hes gone bankrupt? Is that your "le ve se leve" into retirement ?

Well by my affirmation, I don't think you'd meet her standards bro.

Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2014 10:58:38 PM
Uh, Mister vector (and I use the honorific loosely),

speaking from the vantage of age and wisdom, you really shouldn't smoke (something) or imbibe (to inebriation) and then post willy-nilly. Frankly, you sound more like an angry drunk than a cogent rational adult.

I've lived through more and worse downturns than you've seen so far. Do you think this blip was something? Try the 70s: Interest rates through the roof, entire industries upended.

I put in seven years of schooling into the 80's only to graduate into a contracted market. I moved - from one coast to the other.
You think this is tough, ask those who lost their life savings during the "dot com" collapse of the late 90s/2000. I didn't; I paid off debts and entered the dot come bust owing no one - in essence, paying myself.

One thing I haven't done is feel sorry for myself. One thing I did not indicate in my previous post was where I am financially, other than to make the case for being prudent financially. Which I was, which I am, and which I always will be.

Your envy of those who put their resources at risk to put sad sacks like you to work puts you clearly in the company of those who would rather moan and groan than get ahead. Do you really think that VCs are to blame for your poor choices or lack of adaptability.

As for this recession you think was all that bad you might be better served by blaming those few in DC who think they can manipulate an economy better than the self interest of 300 million plus Americans.

As an investor, I know one fellow I wouldn't risk my resources on. You just don't have what it takes. Quit yer belly achin'!

TK
 AlienHumanHybrid
Msg: 149
Posted: 12/25/2014 11:04:28 PM
It's good to have enough money to be comfortable -but better to be comfortable with little money.

Monetary comfort assumes stability of economy.

The world is facing very uncertain and unstable times.

Immediately-available resources will be far more important than currency unable to be traded for unavailable resources.

Let's disco now -and go back to my place or some canned goods when all hell breaks loose!

"Well, I spied me a girl and before she could leave I said
“Let’s go and play Adam and Eve”
I took her by the hand and my heart it was thumpin’
When she said, “Hey man, you crazy or sumpin’
You see what happened last time they started”"

Bob Dylan -Talkin' World War III Blues
 CTRLvector
Msg: 150
Posted: 12/25/2014 11:54:12 PM
Such condescension, lets have a test shall we?

Yes I do see this as a serious problem - I see a lot of economic problems. But I don't need to hear about how you were doing blow off 70's boobies in the 70's, and flipping houses or whatever situation you had going on there. Dude do you think I care if you sit there and drone on about your queer little life?

You said you were broke you droning cow. That is what you are exactly. Just some old ass blowhard, as an investor you should have money derpdperpedperp.

Hey guess what, I have money. Im just saying you were the one belly achin like a tool. I just called you on it, you ****ing hypocrite.

As an investor, right ... "I'm Tarnished_knight" And Im a tool bag who has worked and stuff. " "im broke"

As an investor suck it, because you suck.

Eat donuts, and fill out your waste line doughboy
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Income Level and Dating Expectations