Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > east european migrants, what does it mean for dating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bmore_goat
Msg: 7
view profile
History
east european migrants, what does it mean for dating?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

A bit of a loose generalisation on my part, but having lived in two English cities for several years and returned to a smaller town that has experienced a flood of Eastern Europeans, I think I can say that generally, they do stick to their own. Not all of them obviously, but in general, they do.

You asked for opinions. You have experienced something different than I have. Not saying you are wrong.
There could be several reasons why they stuck to their core group. It also sounds a lot like a small town community mind-set.
 StephaneParis
Msg: 8
view profile
History
east european migrants, what does it mean for dating?
Posted: 12/22/2013 12:06:06 PM
I only have experience of Polish girls and a some of them are open to dating/having long term relationships with British guys. I was seeing one back in 2011 and her friend was seeing a guy from Scotland. I was told by the girl was seeing quite a few Polish girls settle with Brits if they treat em right.

So guys don't be discouraged, ;-)
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2013 1:46:06 AM
T1M to answer your op, no I am not the least bit threatened and I honestly couldn't give a toss.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2013 2:11:11 AM

so the question is: are the guys looking forward to the expected influx, are the girls feeling threatened? can you handle the competition girls? :-)

I am not sure why the op is polarising his question? Why should females not be looking forward to the influx of strapping men and guys feel just as "threatened" ?
 chrisshrew
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2014 9:24:56 AM
It is rather tricky if they aren't going to be there long term, the same applies if you are looking to move abroad yourself. Got chatting with a girl for a few weeks but unfortunately she had been laid off from her job and therefore had to return to Poland.
 chrisshrew
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2014 4:40:12 PM
Msg 37

Yeah was a bit confused myself, maybe it was a temporary role for Christmas. A bit strange to set up a profile on here if she knew in advance. I can only guess otherwise that she was laid off and couldn't support herself while she looked for a new job. What with the rules on foreign workers claiming benefits its quite plausible.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2014 3:34:52 PM
Some of the eastern european ladies are stunning! I just found a dating website called "single baltic lady", i think, ive never seen so many hot chicks looking for guys like you and me, they are literally stunning! Always a catch though, you have to pay between $5 and $20 to open every letter and i bet they are not all there for the right reasons either, lol

Paying the $5/10 is not really the catch though is it?
The catch is having the mentality of thinking that they like you for you.
Punching way above your weight is rarely a recipe for winning . Also I detest those who seek submissive women because women closer to home want to have their own mind.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2014 5:00:17 PM

Detest?

Damn yes,I detest men who seek a partner from abroad because those closer to home are not so submissive,or as young or/and as pretty as they could possible find at home.

Doesn't that leave more strong-minded women available for you?;-)

If I was thinking selfishly then I can see that I could be accused of that.

And what do you and the panel think of closer to home women who use their developed world money to entice young bucks in foreign countries? Isn't it the same thing?

Yes it is the same. But it is much less prevalent than it is with men seeking their egotistical shallow pleasures abroad.

So long as it doesn't hurt others, I don't detest or begrudge anyone finding whatever attractive happiness they can get and bank balance has long overtaken genitallia as the most important measure in dating...

But is it not taking self integrity and self respect a little too far?
Would you warn off a friend from the pitfalls of seeking out such a relationship?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2014 5:50:36 AM
Nice summation of pretty much all of the blokes I've met who have Thai/Phillipine/Russian wives.

Edited to say here's a first for me, managed to type and post the above without being timed out.
 Nimowaw77
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/14/2014 2:05:50 PM
Well I'm half Romanian and half British. The Romanian women are known for being beautiful, with their long dark hair. Most of the men aren't so attractive though. Many Romanian women prefer to date non-Romanians because they don't like the way the Romanian men treat them.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2014 3:00:05 PM

detest is a bit strong. women sometimes go abroad for romance as well you know. probably for men who are more old school in their manner as well.

Sometimes being the operative word. Show me some data that compares the quota comparison between the sex's.
I detest the mentality of those seeking out partners that they have no hope of finding in the real world they live in in their own Country due to their own failings living in a modern world.

A lot of countries are pretty anglophilic culturally, the Czech Republic and America come to mind.

Please explain how the Czech's are Anglophilic culturally? America does not strike me as a country that citizens desperate to move abroad at any cost for a better life?

I don't think there's anything wrong with seeking out foreign partners and I think one very good reason for it is to do with class and intelligence.

Ok, I am listening?

Basically, say you're a doorman in the UK, but you've read Dostoevsky and Tolstoy and prefer Tannhäuser to whatever bangin choons are emanating from the club, but you sound like Sharpe and you live in a terrace. How are you going to attract a woman with whom you can have a mutually enjoyable conversation? Probably by going out with middle class foreigner from a poorer country.
Where does Thai Brides come into this? Czech women or American women are more cultured that Brit women? Why would a middle class person want to seek out a partner from the UK or elsewhere when they do not have the very problems that attracts the desperation that poor people from places like Thailand have?
 GeordieColin
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2014 3:02:35 PM

detest is a bit strong. women sometimes go abroad for romance as well you know. probably for men who are more old school in their manner as well.

Sometimes being the operative word. Show me some data that compares the quota comparison between the sex's.
I detest the mentality of those seeking out partners that they have no hope of finding in the real world they live in in their own Country due to their own failings living in a modern world.

A lot of countries are pretty anglophilic culturally, the Czech Republic and America come to mind.

Please explain how the Czech's are Anglophilic culturally? America does not strike me as a country that citizens desperate to move abroad at any cost for a better life?

I don't think there's anything wrong with seeking out foreign partners and I think one very good reason for it is to do with class and intelligence.

Ok, I am listening?

Basically, say you're a doorman in the UK, but you've read Dostoevsky and Tolstoy and prefer Tannhäuser to whatever bangin choons are emanating from the club, but you sound like Sharpe and you live in a terrace. How are you going to attract a woman with whom you can have a mutually enjoyable conversation? Probably by going out with middle class foreigner from a poorer country.

Where does Thai Brides come into this? Czech women or American women are more cultured that Brit women? Why would a middle class person want to seek out a partner from the UK or elsewhere when they do not have the very problems that attracts the desperation that poor people from places like Thailand have?
PS. Nice to see that Daver/ Justanotherchap is in such full support of your feelings on this. I presume it gives him some comfort
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2014 3:31:19 PM
Colin, just what does this mean "PS. Nice to see that Daver/ Justanotherchap is in such full support of your feelings on this. I presume it gives him some comfort".

I know and have known quite a few men who have been and got themselves Thai, Phillippino and Russian brides, hence my comment. I don't understand for one second why I should get any "comfort" from that observation.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2014 3:45:28 PM

(sigh) The problem with only about six active posters is that it always turns into the same sort of squabble.

Believe it or not but I have the same problem now. But I don't let it hinder me.

Colin, just what does this mean "PS. Nice to see that Daver/ Justanotherchap is in such full support of your feelings on this. I presume it gives him some comfort".
I know and have known quite a few men who have been and got themselves Thai, Phillippino and Russian brides, hence my comment. I don't understand for one second why I should get any "comfort" from that observation.

Daver, I meant that what they said gives comfort to what you think.
Personally I think that it is the passage of the desperate mostly
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2014 3:16:27 AM
Oluben - glad you used the female example - it isn't just blokes. Turkey is a hive of activity for women looking for a good time. As for the time out, just log in then click on the back tab twice where you will find your post intact.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2014 7:55:39 PM

Oluben - glad you used the female example - it isn't just blokes. Turkey is a hive of activity for women looking for a good time.

There is a massive difference between going on hols and having a good time and going away to pay for it cheaply or seeking out those way above your weight for long term.
My attitude will always be realistic and not delusional. I have nothing but contempt for anyone otherwise.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2014 4:45:06 PM

Detest and contempt - why not just say what you mean Colin ;-)

What do you then consider realistic? I think we have already strayed off topic enough to ask what your thoughts are on Sugar-Daddy and Sugar-Mommy websites? (This should be fun....)

I detest those that seek out partners from those sites too.
That is not much different to arranged marriages or any other form of convenience arrangements.
Retail culture
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2015 5:16:03 AM
How can you do ugly and stunner photos unless they aren't of you. Having been fooled in the past (including a trip to Manchester) by old or no photos, i would be very wary of meeting someone without having an idea of what they look like.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2015 12:26:01 PM
True I was shocked when one bloke I met so looked like his photo, I thought I was having some type of hallucination !

For me, I think those lonely dark skinned, dark haired male migrants will be up for almost any meet going...

Bring it on
 PrincessLina
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2015 12:44:15 PM
I personally ONLY date English White men.. sorry but thats My preference ;)
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/24/2015 1:39:41 PM
...Yet more scammers after a passport, as far as I can see.............

try1more
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2015 2:35:33 PM
^^^
erm east europeans already have one...at least until the referendum if there is one.
and if we leave the eu does that mean all the europeans will have to apply for visa's, work permits or go home?
and will we have to rehome all the expats coming back?

ps what took you so long?
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/24/2015 2:40:03 PM
^^^^ Thanks for the welcome back ....
There are now time restrictions before you are allowed to piss off the world and their wife.......

JoannaERC
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2015 3:45:15 AM
Since when we need British passport to move around the world? You forgot we are a member of EU on the background of accession tractate from Maastricht and our passports are evenly strong like British ones. So, sorry mate, but you need more political education before accusing us of trading ourselves off for British passports.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/27/2015 2:40:55 PM
As I understand it, there are countries which will just allow UK passport holders in....
not necessarily the case with 'European' passports...?
No doubt you will tell me if I'm wrong........

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > east european migrants, what does it mean for dating?