Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 petula1908
Msg: 51
Meeting someone before xmas...Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
If you are still in touch in four weeks then a card and maybe a small box of handmade chocolates perhaps. If you send flowers to her work don't make it for Christmas, just send them for no reason.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 52
Meeting someone before xmas...
Posted: 11/23/2014 6:00:12 PM
I was once given a jar of home made jam he bought from a market.
You know the ones with the gingham hat.
The man was not flush with money, completely broke in fact.
I appreciated the thought.

A gift need not cost a lot.

I once received from a man for Valentines Day a massive bunch of long stemmed red roses.
Must have cost him hundreds of dollars.

I appreciated the jar of jam more than the roses.

I like the idea of a Christmas ornament.
There are some lovely keepsake ones.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/23/2014 7:04:30 PM
I'm with Cynthia on this one.

This isn't about buying someone's affection and there's nothing wrong with being nice and generous.

Just keep your expectations...to a minimum:)

Whatever happened to being nice for the sake of being nice?

This doesn't have to be about incentives or rewards.
 south_city
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/24/2014 6:23:43 AM
A simple inexpensive gift would be fine.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/24/2014 6:24:08 AM
I agree on the jam & what Clooney says- it's the thought, the gesture, etc.
 Maleman999
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/24/2014 9:06:32 AM
If you are of the belief that you must buy gifts for a person you recently met to keep them interested in you, just think-Valentine's Day is only 7 weeks after Christmas, and you get to do the spending money on gifts to impress them once again, if it lasts that long. It's a triple whammy if the new person happens to have a birthday somewhere in that time frame as well.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/24/2014 12:07:26 PM
Buy her her own BOB.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 58
Posted: 11/24/2014 12:19:57 PM
Date a Jehovah's Witness.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 59
Posted: 11/24/2014 12:47:44 PM
You know, anyone who ever gave me a gift that I was involved with, gave it cuz they WANTED to. Sometimes it was given in love, othertimes in like. I see nothing wrong w/ that & no shame. I didn't ask either.

When I was 18, I had my 1st very serious BF who was 2 yrs. older than me & he had a great job. He used to take me shopping & I remember at age 18, him taking me to buy a ring. Not an engagement ring, but a ring. I could not decide b/w a little gold & jade ring & a gold pinkie ring w/ 3 tiny diamonds on it. He thought it was soooo cute that I didn't go for the big & obvious & couldn't make my mind up so he bought BOTH for me!

The following year it was a suede coat w/ a fur collar. There was a black wrap one w/ a silvery-gray collar & a brown one that buttoned up & had a tan collar. They were both long coats too. We couldn't decide which one, they both looked good, one was more everyday, one was dressier. Again, he got me both.

He got as much pleasure in taking me shopping & giving me the gifts as I did shopping & wearing them (proudly)
This was many years ago, way b4 the internet & people having all that baggage. In those days guys were happy to have a girlfriend that adored them & that they loved back & treating them as such.

I got him jewelry too- a ring that he loved.

There was none of this measuring, holding back, analyzing etc. We went w/ our guts, our hearts & souls.

What's wrong w/ people? That Leykis guy, telling men to use women, women allowing themselves to be used/hurt?
I don't think these are loving people. No wonder they are single!
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/24/2014 1:31:16 PM
Oooooh, here a ho, there a ho...everywhere a ho ho
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2014 2:01:23 PM
Must be nice..............................
to be a(n) (attractive) woman.

Must be like a never ending game show
and
you're the winner..........................always.

"Tell her what she's won, Bob!"

"A BRAND NEW CAR!!!!!! A 2015 AUDI A 6!!!"

Do you buy your male "friends" Christmas gifts?

"Hey Earl, I know you like sweets, so I bought you a blueberry pie."

The way I see it.......................IF.........................I type........................... "IF" she likes you,
then,
buying her nothing
is NOT going to make her like you less.

However,
if she likes you
yet,
thinks your gift is, "too much"
or
takes it as
YOU
trying to "buy" her affection
then,
she will be turned off.

Doesn't sound "logical" does it?

Well, this (special) "someone" is a female, right?

No "logic" needed.

"The road to hell is paved with 'good intentions'".
 Dee4166
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2014 5:29:22 AM
Anybody actually notice that the original question WASN'T about buying a Christmas present????

LMAO
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/25/2014 5:58:56 AM
I met a girl I really like a couple of weeks ago after spend a couple of weeks talking to on here first and since spent a fair but of time with.

As Christmas is so close I decided its to soon to buy her a gift for Christmas but I'm considering sending some flowers to her work!

I'm looking for a womens point of view is this to whether this would be nice/ a bit embarrassing or simply a bit soon for such a gesture?!

Anybody actually notice that the original question WASN'T about buying a Christmas present????

Sending a woman flowers is giving her a gift IMO- but he just met her...
but I was responding to....a post about the PUA Leykis & his (Leykis-not the poster) obnoxious advice...

Leykis 101 advises guys to fade out before Thanksgiving and reappear February 15.

Plenty of low hanging fruit to be picked between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/leykis-101-this-is-for-men-that-want-to-get-laid-there-is-no-love-or-morals-involved-here.145890532/

Leykis 101. This is for men that want to get laid. There is No Love or morals involved here.

No Gifts
Unless she's your wife never buy her a gift.

If you get them a gift once, they will try to get more expensive gifts later. If you HAVE to buy a gift for a girl, getting jewelry is probably the worst idea. Girls take jewelry as a sign of commitment. Getting her jewelry will either scare her off because of commitment, or drive her more into commitment, which you don't want unless you plan on marrying her.

You should not get her anything unless you have had sex with her. Remember, you're trying to get laid not develop a relationship.

there are more obnoxious PUA tips in the thread that I posted the link to.

Tis the Season- too much Bah Humbug & Sour Grapes!

Dee4166
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2014 7:06:59 AM

Sending a woman flowers is giving her a gift IMO- but he just met her...

I was actually referring to the fact that most of the people on here have been responding as though he asked about giving her a CHRISTMAS present, which wasn't the question, at all....

And I agree about the other poster, as well as a few more who have referenced that same attitude about "avoiding gifts/holiday gifts", as well....

Can't help those kinds of crispy critters.....and they are entitled to their feelings I guess, but if THAT is supposed to be "attractive" to ANY woman,well...waaaaayyyyy off the mark!!! LOL

And if NOT, as so MANY of them claim they are "through" with women, my only question is, what the HELL are you on a dating site for????!!!!????

And if you don't want to spend your money on any women that is your prerogative, but, for ME,I buy a gift when I feel like it and don't feel that anyone is "taking advantage"of me when I do so...AND I have supported my OWN share of "freeloading men",so once again, we see equal rights in action...with the exception that I,personally, DON'T give with the expectation of receiving....
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/25/2014 7:07:11 AM

It's a triple whammy if the new person happens to have a birthday somewhere in that time frame as well.

I must have been playing it wrong all these years. My birthday is almost exactly the mid-point between Christmas and Valentine's Day. You mean all I have to do is actually meet some of these guys who write to me and they're obligated to buy my interest? Whoo hoo! Let the cars, diamonds, and Caribbean vacations pour in!
 sigungq
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2014 5:53:49 PM

iamthewalrus85 wrote:

I met a girl I really like a couple of weeks ago after spend a couple of weeks talking to on here first and since spent a fair but of time with.

WHAT???? There are SINGLE women AND they are ALSO AVAILABLE?????????????? :-O
 NeilMendeza
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/28/2014 5:47:55 PM
Never buy flowers its a turn off. look up oxfam unwrapped. Buy someone a gift they'll appreciate. Honor.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/28/2014 5:50:33 PM

WHAT???? There are SINGLE women AND they are ALSO AVAILABLE?????????????? :-O

I heard something about one in Outer Mongolia.

Looking for a rich yak herder.
 gtomustang
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/28/2014 6:00:24 PM
Regardless of the gift, don't forget to wrap your package :)

"I'm looking for a womens point of view is this to whether this would be nice/ a bit embarrassing or simply a bit soon for such a gesture?! "

>>>i'll guess the answer is....it depends upon what the particular women's viewpoint of you is. A gift won't change it from negative to positive, but it can sure increase it (ie, make it more negative or more positive).
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >