Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review needed.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RANZ1989
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Profile review needed.Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Switched photo.

Still not getting any responses.... :(
 tatersprout
Msg: 52
Profile review needed.
Posted: 7/18/2014 11:32:41 AM
Welcome back, Randy.
Sorry you are having no luck.

When not working or studying, I like anime, video games, music, movies, cars, watching sports and other interests.
Don't repeat your interest list.
Instead, choose 1 or 2 and go in depth.

You don't need Nintendo, Sony, and Playstation in interest list--you're covered with video games. Similarly, you don't need to list every music genre you like up there.

All in all, I try to be an honest, loyal, and straightforward guy that also knows how to have fun in the process as well.
I am looking for a woman who has similar interests, is honest and loyal and who is just flat out fun to spend time with
Cliche...just like everybody else who is here.
Be original.

You aren't getting responses because there's no life or enthusiasm in your writing.
All we know about you is that you're in the music biz, like Asian music and video games. Nothing to get her excited about you...

Draw her into your life.
Who are you?
What's your personality like?
Why should she date you?
What do you do in your free time that she might also enjoy?
 RANZ1989
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 7/18/2014 11:45:04 AM

What do you do in your free time that she might also enjoy?

I fixed it up a bit but I guess that's why I put my interests all over the place. My goal was to attract women who have almost (if not exactly) the same interests as me, especially since there aren't many Doctor Who or Japan-lovers in South Florida.

Thoughts?
 tatersprout
Msg: 54
Profile review needed.
Posted: 7/18/2014 12:05:52 PM
Gotcha.

Whovians are everywhere :)
Might take a bit longer, that's all.
Are you open to women who might not be into it, but will accept these interests? You could connect on other levels.
Geek out with friends and explore new realms with a date, perhaps.

My thoughts were to not box yourself in by keeping your interests so focused...perhaps she can see herself in another aspect of your life?
 RANZ1989
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/27/2015 6:49:47 PM
Changed it around (especially since I graduated).

Still no results.

I have messaged women but I have not gotten any responses.
 Forums_only
Msg: 56
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/27/2015 6:56:17 PM
You could finish off the paragraph about schooling by combining it with the line about your future goal.

I like that you mentioned about mixing/blending the music - it shows your passion for your hobby. However, all the jpop/kpop/anime stuff in the Interests field may show a bit TOO much interest in that. I'm sure there are young women that also appreciate that music style, bit it seems disproporationate to your other interests.

You are a nice-looking young man - why not a big laughing grin or smile? ( we don't care if your teeth are a bit 'discoloured', a great smile with cancel that out)

My first husband (26 yrs) was an Aspie.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 57
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/27/2015 8:31:37 PM

Changed it around (especially since I graduated).

Still no results.

I have messaged women but I have not gotten any responses.

WHAAAAAT???!!!

How is that possible?
With all the free "expert" POF advice?

Ask for your money back. :)

It's not your fault.
It's the state, climate, atmosphere, nature, condition (or whatever term you want to use) of online dating in 2015.

Not enough serious people who are not nitpicking profiles to death before they even send an email.

Best advice I can give a guy is to use as much clean humor as possible in profile and messages and hope it starts to get appreciated again like it used to be.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 58
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/27/2015 9:42:38 PM
"I have messaged women but I have not gotten any responses."
If fishing was that simple we would all be fat and there would be no fish in the sea, right?

"How is that possible?
With all the free "expert" POF advice?"
I stand behind my own advice . There are a gazillion women out there, and they want to enjoy their lives, so if a man is "fun" he will have unlimited dates . It's no more complicated than that. If you're a drag to be with then who in their right mind wants to join you?
"We" don't know which women any user is messaging, so how can we control the outcome?
I read a book about dating, not a bs book, a straight book, and I learned a lot. Many others might benefit from doing some reading too. A little book learnin' never hurt anybody.

"Best advice I can give a guy is to use as much clean humor as possible in profile and messages and hope it starts to get appreciated again like it used to be."
Humor is contagious. Always makes people feel good, and THAT leads to even more adventures :)
Good luck.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 59
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/28/2015 7:19:31 AM
Hi again Randy,

Sorry you're not having any luck.
I notice that every sentence except 1 starts with "I".
So you have a profile full of "I this" and "I that".
Nothing warm, friendly, or approachable.
No humor. No personality, so it reads more like a resume.
Try to write the way you talk...can't hurt to try something different.
With your degree in Communication....well, communicate! And you must talk on your radio show, right?
Music is your passion, obviously, but you talk about it without passion.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 60
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/28/2015 3:12:46 PM
Honestly, I don't know what's wrong here. I saw your profile pic and thought what a great pic. I'd date you if I were 25. Don't think about that too long, though. It'll freak you out. It's intended as a compliment.

I caught the Asperberger's but a lot of folks here claim that.

I don't know much about Coral Springs. Redneck city or what?

Of course, I'm weird.

Look for weird.

Good luck, Randy. You're young. No worries. Women get smarter. So do men. Well, some women and some men.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 61
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/28/2015 4:53:19 PM
Doll - you are one of my favorites. Let me sleep on this... I think a few changes, a boost of confidence and we can get you " out there"
I appreciate you are working hard and are open to advice
Tater.. Ms Tater is the wordsmith here, not saying she should re write it, saying she is the best on here.
Hugs to you Randy :)
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 62
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/30/2015 9:45:42 AM
They'll be back, Randy. They all know a lot more than I do. I'm a newby.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 63
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/30/2015 10:28:24 AM
Newbie.

See? I'm such a newby I don't know how to spell newbie.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 64
Profile review needed.
Posted: 2/1/2015 7:50:31 AM
Weekend, Randy. Ouija doesn't forget.
 RANZ1989
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 2/23/2015 8:04:15 PM
Hello again,

Still no luck at all.

Um....what's one way to make my profile more appealing? I am open and honest about everything I wrote on there and what I want but I am just at a loss for thoughts.
 Forums_only
Msg: 66
Profile review needed.
Posted: 2/23/2015 8:16:50 PM
Still need a smile.

Perhaps some women are concerned that DJ'ng doesn't work for a long-term relationship? Who knows....

Patience is required, for sure. What are your introduction messages like?
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 67
Profile review needed.
Posted: 2/24/2015 5:47:28 AM
It's Randy, right?

Still don't get it, Randy. Is it where you live?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 68
Profile review needed.
Posted: 2/24/2015 2:49:49 PM
Randy
I'd remove the opening line - change it around so not as many sentences start with I ( no I in team)
You need to jazz it up, sound excited about life and your Life
You use the same words to describe yourself and then who you are looking for..
Do you mean you aren't getting replies to your msgs or that you can't line up a first meet
Rotate your pictures and a few now should be changed up
 RANZ1989
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 2/24/2015 7:07:44 PM
I mean, I am not getting any replies.
 RANZ1989
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 3/1/2015 7:29:10 AM
I send messages but get no replies.

In the area that I live in, there are not too many women with similar interests as myself.

Coral Springs isn't really redneck. It's more suburban. However, the fact that I am a Democrat in a predominantly Republican city also inhibits my ability to meet people in this area.
 Deedeelogan
Msg: 71
Profile review needed.
Posted: 3/1/2015 8:48:43 AM
What's with all the email restrictions on your profile about the women you will and will not receive messages from? Most men don't need restrictions because they don't get so many messages that they can't screen them as they come in. Most women don't bother responding to men who have email restrictions even if they do fit inside his criteria. Gives us the heads up that if he's that fussy, what will he be like in real life. Will there be other strict criteria that we'll have to live up to.

Your profile is OK. Your personality does not shine through but not everyone has the writing ability to pull it off. Don't blame politics on the lack of ability to meet people. Couples, friends, family they can all vote differently but that doesn't affect their relationships.

Perhaps you can copy and paste your message here so we can review that and see if that's where you're going wrong. If you have a standard message that you copy and paste to every woman out there, we can spot that a mile off and don't bother responding. If all you say is "what's up?" we'll probably ignore that. If you say "hey there sexy" we'll probably block you. Reasons for not responding to messages are because the man didn't make any effort to write a decent one, we're not attracted to him, nothing in common, or he's a creeper.
 RANZ1989
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 3/1/2015 8:57:32 PM

What's with all the email restrictions on your profile about the women you will and will not receive messages from? Most men don't need restrictions because they don't get so many messages that they can't screen them as they come in. Most women don't bother responding to men who have email restrictions even if they do fit inside his criteria. Gives us the heads up that if he's that fussy, what will he be like in real life. Will there be other strict criteria that we'll have to live up to.

What do you mean by the email restrictions?

The only ones I have are:

Female
Younger than 36
Live in United States
Live within 75 miles.

Obviously I am straight. I prefer to date women older than me but not too old though, and I want someone in the South Florida area. I once did a long distance relationship and it did NOT work out.
 Forums_only
Msg: 73
Profile review needed.
Posted: 3/1/2015 9:16:03 PM
The point is that you will be doing 99.9999infinity% of the initial messaging, so if a lady who lives further away than you are comfortable actually contacts you, ignore her. Or - simply reply saying you prefer to date someone closer. What if she actually IS within 75 miles but her zip code/postal code says she's beyond range? Or if she is considering moving closer to the area for work? There's just no real reason for those restrictions.

Also - what if someone is 36 today, but has a birthday next week? It just seems silly to exclude someone who may be a good match for something so arbitrary.

I've never heard of a case where a man has contacted another man (who is looking for a woman) trying to date him. It's just a waste of anyone's time. Really, the email restrictions aren't necessary, but you can leave them up if you want to.
 RANZ1989
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 3/3/2015 4:00:58 PM
I usually mention something in their profile that is common with my interests, introduce myself and ask if we can get to know each other better.
 petula1908
Msg: 75
Profile review needed.
Posted: 3/3/2015 4:12:55 PM
You are a nice looking guy and your profile is fine. It is that men outnumber women on here and so few have any real success. It is the nature of dating sites. SO use it as an option for real life meets and keep your expectations low. I think the word "nerd" can be a real passion killer but that is me.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review needed.