Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Seki1949
Msg: 359
view profile
History
Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating Page 17 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
@ msg 420 (!)

What's with the pictures of people in the driver's seat? I don't get it.

Using the rear view mirror to make a selfie.
 SavoyFaire
Msg: 360
Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating
Posted: 2/4/2014 7:22:08 PM
LOL @ 3 chins. That had me bursting out laughing. I totally agree......many people put very athletic activities in their profile and later admit, they have tried neither in over 10 yrs or not at all.
 nyceguy85
Msg: 361
Posted: 2/4/2014 9:40:51 PM
My pet peeve with online dating is the concept of ignoring. A guy sends a girl a message, shes not necessarily interested in him, so instead of saying thanks but no thanks, she ignores him, making herself look like an even bigger egotistical b****. It is a pet peeve because such a thing rarely happens when a guy approaches a woman in a real life scenario. In person, if a woman isnt interested in a guy, she at least communicates her disinterest, whether it be in the form of straight talk, subtle hints, flat out lies or non verbal communication. With online dating, the assumption is always that if a woman does not respond in a timely manner, its not because of technical issues or a busy schedules: its because she doesnt have the maturity to openly communicate how she feels.
 chill78
Msg: 362
Posted: 2/5/2014 7:01:37 AM

There are many reasons a woman might look at another woman's profile. Perhaps to check out the person behind a forum post, or to see how other women are writing their profiles, etc. Im sure there are other reasons, just cannot think of any right now!

I agree. I have looked at men's profiles to see the competition or because I knew some men that had profiles on a dating site. Doesn't mean that I'm gay. LOL.
 activemelaney
Msg: 363
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2014 9:43:43 AM
^^Chilies...true. Also we women are curious creatures. Always have been.

^^^nyceguy
Your use of words is passive aggressive...exactly why women do not respond to many messages. We have no idea who we are responding to. No desire to have contact with a man who assumes a woman who doesnt respond is an egotistical....
 EricTheBrave
Msg: 364
Posted: 2/5/2014 9:57:48 AM

its because she doesnt have the maturity to openly communicate how she feels.

Guy, you're kinda stretching it here. You approach a woman, unsolicited, and she therefore owes you at least a courtesy? Switch the scenario a bit and put yourself in a bar. The woman tells you to "get lost". This is a fair response. She doesn't owe you even a modicum of explanation why she's sending you back to the corner.

You're gonna need a thicker hide.
 nyceguy85
Msg: 365
Posted: 2/5/2014 9:30:13 PM
@ Activemelaney

My pet peeve revolves around why its acceptable for women to ignore men on here but they wouldnt dare to it in person. I understand reasons why women may ignore men on here, but they dont have that luxury when they are face to face with someone trying to ask them out. Most women in that position will at the very least acknowledge a mans existence instead of co-warding out and run away from him
 abmccray
Msg: 366
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2014 7:27:25 AM
Nobody has time to answer hundreds of emails, nyceguy.

If you improve your profile enough so that you get a bunch of women you're not attracted to out of the blue, you'll start "ignoring" them as well, for multiple reasons. Half of the time, you just see that you get a message on your phone while out and then legitimately forget to respond at another time, just due to the lack of interest.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 367
Posted: 2/6/2014 7:39:25 AM
why its acceptable for women to ignore men on here but they wouldnt dare to it in person.

I'm pretty sure you throw your junk mail away without even bothering to open it, yet if somebody knocks on your door, or calls your phone number, what are the chances of you not responding? people are very reflexive about answering the phone or the door, to the point that it it's almost guaranteed they will do it. (not me, though; I feel just as free to ignore the phone or the doorbell as I do my unwanted emails.) but for most people, most of the time, it doesn't work that way online or with the stuff in their mail box and it never really has.

get over it.

or not.

nobody cares.

least of all, the women who aren't bothering to answer your emails.

but call them cowards if it helps get you through the day. you must find some solace in it, however temporary.
 nyceguy85
Msg: 368
Posted: 2/6/2014 11:13:47 AM

I'm pretty sure you throw your junk mail away without even bothering to open it, yet if somebody knocks on your door, or calls your phone number, what are the chances of you not responding? people are very reflexive about answering the phone or the door, to the point that it it's almost guaranteed they will do it. (not me, though; I feel just as free to ignore the phone or the doorbell as I do my unwanted emails.) but for most people, most of the time, it doesn't work that way online or with the stuff in their mail box and it never really has.

Im glad you feel the need to claim that you know me personally, but allow me to provide a retort. I have caller ID on my phone for a reason. If I dont want to respond to someone I dont know and cant see, I dont have to. Same with someone ringing my door bell. If I am not expecting company or did not order a package, I wont answer the door for any other reason. Not a very good analogy to use when discussing the point I tried to convey. A more appropriate analogy would involve the way I communicate with someone online versus in person. In that situation, I am the same. When I am online, I dont feel empowered to act a certain way because I can hide behind a profile. The way I act on here is how I would act in person, plain and simple. It would be nice for more people to be the same on and off the internet, but the fantasy that social networking sites like this provide is one of the primary reasons shows like Catfish exist.
 sun_and_cinnamon
Msg: 369
Posted: 8/23/2015 7:19:42 PM
"pet" names when I don't even know you.....gag!!! I'm to the point where I have completely lost interest when this happens.
 slothlover_007
Msg: 370
Posted: 8/23/2015 7:36:52 PM
^ This. lol.

Not a fan of pet names either.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2015 8:30:34 PM

"pet" names when I don't even know you.....gag!!! I'm to the point where I have completely lost interest when this happens.

Wait, are you saying you don't like anymore when I call you cinnamon and spice? :(
 sun_and_cinnamon
Msg: 372
Posted: 8/23/2015 8:42:51 PM
Just call me hot_under_the _collar
 spot4username
Msg: 373
Posted: 8/24/2015 4:35:47 AM
Long ago I used to have a line in my profile that said something to the effect of:

Cheesy and/or too familiar endearments in a first message will get you blocked.
 south_city
Msg: 374
Posted: 8/24/2015 6:57:30 AM
Here are some of my mine.
Flakes - for example, they send me a text after a date saying they had a great time and want to go out on another date. But don't return my calls / texts when I tried to set up plans
People that are looking for an email / text buddy
Profiles that are too negative
Profiles with only face photos
People that claim to be interested in things that they have ( at best ) modest knowledge about.
 irishgirl772
Msg: 375
Posted: 8/24/2015 9:50:29 AM
Lying about your real age, marital status, smoking, actual height are a few that come to mind.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 376
Posted: 8/24/2015 10:41:14 AM

The cobwebs in my inbox.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 377
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2015 7:48:09 PM
Assumptions women make about men in general. Since I have little to do with my own sex, it would stand to reason that I might not do things like every other man does.

Photos with all your little friends, kids, grand kids, ect. If I can't figure out who you are, then why would I message you?

How can I make you laugh, if I have no idea what your sense of humor is like?

Lying about your interests.

Six, to fifteen word replies. I'm interested in you, can't you return the favor? If you're not then say so.
 AquariusGirl53
Msg: 378
Posted: 8/25/2015 4:01:56 PM
I couldn't agree more.
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 379
Posted: 8/25/2015 4:11:27 PM
I could agree more...but I won't.....I'm saving some in case I need it later ?
 Blackwood85
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2015 4:54:54 PM
Flakes, flakes, flakes and more flakes: Be an adult about it and let me know where we stand. I'm a big boy, I can handle rejection. Don't agree to a date on a Saturday night, have me clear my schedule, swear up and down you'll be there and then flake out on me or worse don't show. Who the **** does that?

"Hey girl"
"Hey what's up?"
"Nothing. chillin yo."
"How are we going to piss off another guy today?"
"I don't know, maybe I'll set up a date and then feign interest and then not show up on that day. What about you?"
"I was talking to a guy but I'll just stop talking to him, I'll disappear and he'll never hear from me again. He won't know if I'm dead, alive, married or anything. Keep him guessing."
"Perfect, let's get started"

That's real great for the self-esteem.
 Peas_
Msg: 381
Posted: 8/25/2015 7:39:44 PM
eh, POS that are the sole beneficiaries of blame, shame, or repercussion of casual relationships that they live with.
 OhCanadian319
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2015 3:58:17 PM
Being ignored. It is rude and childish.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 383
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2015 5:25:36 PM

Not a fan of pet names either.

Ohhhh says the "slothlover". :)

Cheesy and/or too familiar endearments in a first message will get you blocked.

Ouch! If that will get one Blocked online, I can only imagine what the canned/repeated line of "Hi, how are you doing today?" will get one in real life!

I was wondering what is everyone's biggest pet peeves when it comes to dating?
Being ignored. It is rude and childish.

Exactly. Every time I write a girl, her ignoring me is a slap in my face. I deserve responses from all. ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating