Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 26danAZAK
Msg: 51
Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating Page 3 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
When girls message complaining how they can't get a date..but when you ask them out they ignore you ( I have heard of guys go out on dates with girls that complain while they are on the date how they can't meet anyone lol). Fakes, users etc. I have been on some dates and meet a couple of prospects but other than that don't find it too great of a place for the males in our age group. You really have to be a top stud, but then again I don't know if there are many chicks a top stud would want here other than for sex.
 meoww207
Msg: 52
Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating
Posted: 1/7/2014 6:38:40 PM
-When someone messages you, you get along great, then their profile gets deleted/blocked without warning
-When someones profile says, "I don't want meaningless sex, but something that will grow into a relationship" but once you meet, it's MORE than apparent its a lie
-Getting messages solely looking for sex
-Getting messages that only say, "Hi," "Whats up," or messages that you can tell are copy and pasted to everyone
-This is probably a "no brainer," but people who describe themselves completely different then how they are in real life. Really makes you wonder...
 PlentyofThis123
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/7/2014 7:03:32 PM
The ones that DO respond and actually correspond with you, they even mention enjoy talking with you, but when I suggest meeting...it's "I have a lot of stuff going on in my life right now" or some excuse not to meet , even though they live right in town.
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/7/2014 8:48:02 PM
@meoww207

I will agree that is number 2) on my list the liars who are pretending to want a relationship the whole hallmark card bulls hit written in their profile an then when you talk to them they say they are only looking for a quick hit an run..

ok if that is the case then say that s hit in ur profile don't write all that eharmony bull s hit if your really not about it that is what you call fake asses..

I the other day decided to message a guy who had his profile written like he was looking for a girlfriend so I say hey the typical ask him how he is doing his response

"im just looking to get my d ick sucked are you down?" I was like nope good luck with that..
he just killed everything with that..
 NDTfan
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/8/2014 7:56:47 AM
Men who don't read the profile. At all... any of it.

You wouldn't believe how many men (about 60-70 percent of the ones who message me) don't have a picture in their profile. If the message isn't "Hi" or "hey" it's "I can't put a pic up here. Give me your cell phone number and I'll text one to you".

Sure dude. I'm going to give a faceless random that sort of personal information because you can't or won't show your face. Uh huh.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/8/2014 9:18:18 AM

I don't know if there are many chicks a top stud would want here other than for sex.
OUCH that hurt! LMAO That pretty much summed it up!
 ladyc4
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/8/2014 2:29:55 PM

OUCH that hurt! LMAO That pretty much summed it up!

What hurt?
the way the post/er you are responding to managed to jam BOTH feet in his mouth?
I guess it's a pretty good trick but as far as "hurt"-I didn't feel a thing.
Perhaps you are being facetious-or a smartmouth?
The only thing I noticed is a variation on the sour-grapes thing.
Or maybe another lame attempt to "scare" women into only dating mediocre men because anything attractive/appealing is just out to"use women for sex".

The more and more some guys keep pushing that any attractive men are just "slumming", the more they actually are shooting THEMSELVES in the foot,IMO.
Cindy O
 HonkyTonk_Woman
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/8/2014 3:21:10 PM

You really have to be a top stud, but then again I don't know if there are many chicks a top stud would want here other than for sex

This phrase made me literally laugh out loud....top stud...you say....still laughing.
Now is that person the one that nails the most girls in one night....a weekend or a week....??
Is that a person that can maintain an erection longer than 5 minutes...??
Is that the person who can actually go several rounds....in one night??
Is that the person...who worries about his partners pleasure before his???
Is that the person...who has contracted the most std's??
Is that the person...who challenges himself to bang every girl on the team??
Is that the person...who gets the "hottest" girl in class...drops her for her best friend...then she takes him back...
Is that the person...who....???

Well...I think you get the gist...just how does one qualify to be a "top stud"....??

My pet peeve for on line dating is "lying".....and then thinking...no one is gonna notice IRL...that you are 10 years older!!
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/8/2014 3:38:19 PM
Men who do not read my profile.

It SAYS I am originally from Northern Ireland.

It SAYS I am not currently dating, etc, etc.,

Sigh.
 26danAZAK
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/8/2014 5:06:32 PM
Sry that I made that statement without a context. I meant for the most attractive women in the age group of 20-30. Most of them on here have horrendous personalities, all think they deserve to date celebrities. I would not ever want to date them and it would make more sense if you looked at the young ladies profiles on here.
 chill78
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/8/2014 7:40:24 PM

Copy and paste the stats from your area, I bet you a glitter covered dollar that the men don't outnumber the women 100 to 1.

100 to 1 ratio is clearly an exaggeration. But depending on age and geography, men can outnumber women by a 2 or 3 to 1 ratio on POF.
 GJBrown
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/8/2014 9:33:11 PM
Pregnant women on here. Just have your baby and date later!
Also going thru a profile and everything seems good and you are ready to send a message but then you read they have a racial preference "which is really a racial requirement"
Thats such a buzzkill
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/8/2014 9:40:13 PM
^^^

GJBrown...no need to sweat preferences. At least that way you found out before writing.
There are people who stand 4'11" and demand their date be 5'10" or taller. Let that kind of stuff roll off you.
To my mind, the honesty and straightforwardness is appreciated. It saves time and effort.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/9/2014 12:18:57 AM

1) 100 men for every woman.

Exaggerated, but mine as well be -- especially since the ratio of initial contact Guy/Girl is also tilted heavily, too. A sausage-fest. A pet peeve of any place IRL that is, and, every place online as they are. :)

2) Fake profiles.

On other sites besides Match and POF (although I'm sure POF gets temporary ones that get knocked out quick), yeah. But you can spot those. I guess a mild pet peeve; it really doesn't get in the way much....

4) The whining by women that they can't find a date, when they never message back to anyone.

Well, they do. They mean they can't find a date with a hot guy. I think many people online aim "too high" in looks, since that's naturally what we go by any way, and we're not interacting fully via messages.

5) Shallowness among the onliners.

Well, it's a more shallow interaction, so, that has to be expected. But yes... if you have key elements that will throw someone off on a "stat sheet", IRL would be a better bet.

6) The "virtual fantasy" mentality.

Related to the 'shallow' thing. It's a different mindset, different environment. Most people online aren't the type to go on forums and post. Most have a "I don't know about this...." mentality in the back of their head, so the prospect will have to have great stats on paper and/or look better than one she can get so easily IRL, to make it all worth it. Again, I'm being general here. But yeah, when it gets into "virtual fantasy" realm for some, I can see how that can be a pet peeve for others.
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/9/2014 12:48:57 AM

4) The whining by women that they can't find a date, when they never message back to anyone.

Well, they do. They mean they can't find a date with a hot guy. I think many people online aim "too high" in looks, since that's naturally what we go by any way, and we're not interacting fully via messages.

Yep. Although usually the "hot guys" are the total douche bags who dump all over them, cheat on them, etc, and these women follow them around like lost puppy dogs actually believing these men like them, when in reality, these "hot guys" are out bangin half the neighborhood.

If you want a guy who treats you like crap, just come right out and say it. Sure is funny to me, that these same women, have no issues at all telling other "creepy guys" there's no way in hell they'd date them, yet they can't seem to say what they really are looking for in a man, and actually stick to it.
 TOaks91360
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/9/2014 6:02:53 AM
"Where's my man?! I know he's out there!" says the princess in the trailer.

Captain Doormat is on his way sweety!

The only thing that values a doormat is a dirty shoe.
 ladyc4
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/9/2014 9:24:18 AM
Look, I know I'm an ornery old bat so I'm sure what I say will be ignored, but here goes.

Guys, the biggest disservice you do yourselves is when you post to a forum or speak out in a RL setting and start with the sh*t that all attractive men are abusive d-bags and that women don't want men who are "nice".

Newsflash- GENUINELY "nice" or "good" or whatever guys aren't wasting their time and their breath trying to tear down other guys. That just comes over as bitter and resentful.

I've known good-looking guys that were d-bags and ugly guys who were d-bags as well.

Look, we all have ancient biological drives to pick what appears to be the best mate we can obtain. That drive is probably at it's strongest when people are first embarking on their adulthood life. Unfortunately it does involve things like attractiveness and other indicators of good genes
. Since we are a bit more evolved than other social animals, less attractive people are permitted to find mates and have offspring.
Aren't y'all glad we aren't meerkats or wolves???

IMO, a person of either gender would have to be pathetically desperate to be in a relationship with someone she or he found physically repellent(and no I'm not talking about dumbasses with poor hygiene), or to expect that the opposite gender would be willing to be in a relationship with someone they had no attraction to.

I stated earlier that I try very hard not to make pets of my peeves, but I do have to say that this damn sour grapes thing in BOTH genders( women only want goodlooking d-bags, men only want hot ****idiots) and this constant yammering by persons of both genders who are just average or less than average, trying to make out that anyone who is at all good-looking or more than mildly interesting is somehow a bad person who is a bad choice for dating, is becoming a noticeable irritant.
Cindy O
 EricTheBrave
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/9/2014 10:26:18 AM
ladyc4 wrote:

"this constant yammering by persons of both genders who are just average or less than average, trying to make out that anyone who is at all good-looking or more than mildly interesting is somehow a bad person who is a bad choice for dating, is becoming a noticeable irritant."

"I know I'm an ornery old bat"

Yeah, but you're a perceptive ornery old bat.
 DragonBits
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/9/2014 12:03:15 PM

I stated earlier that I try very hard not to make pets of my peeves, but I do have to say that this damn sour grapes thing in BOTH genders( women only want goodlooking d-bags, men only want hot ****idiots) and this constant yammering by persons of both genders who are just average or less than average, trying to make out that anyone who is at all good-looking or more than mildly interesting is somehow a bad person who is a bad choice for dating, is becoming a noticeable irritant.

IMO this isn't at representative of the majority of dating people, only those that elect to post often on a forum.

People on a forum either have an ax to grind, are bored and like to vent or bored and like to give advice. They aren't at all typical of a population. They represent a small subsection of the population.

This is true of all forums, the general gripes, vents and problems are different depending on the focus of the forum.

IRL most of the people I know are married or live with someone, a few on their third marrage, I am the only male in my immediate family that has been divorced, very few of the males and female aunts, uncles have been divoced. Only one male friend who is 40 actually dates, all the rest of my friends are either married or living with someone. IMO my relatives are also unusal in that they are divorced much less frequenlty than the general population.

So one can't judge anything about dating from the personality of people on a forum. At best you get an idea of what are the worst things that can happen.

I doubt if many speak to potential dates the way they speak about the other gender on a date.
 OutMind
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/9/2014 12:41:27 PM
Okay, here are my pet peeves.

Women that send you a message that only says "Hey there..."

Come on. They can do better than that.

The other one is people that you have already emailed and seem to be going somewhere and they disappear. No explanation.
 msu0812
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/9/2014 12:58:21 PM
I probably have a gazillion pet peeves for online dating but almost every one of them is probably expected with it.

MY biggest pet peeve, is when the people aren't straight forward. Now, I have somewhat of a different mentality but still, we are all adults we can all handle the freaking truth. So why lie, why beat around the bush and why cover crap up?! Be who you are, be straight forward and own it. Quit playing the games, saying what ya want and don't really want it, etc.

I have a very hard time when someone can't be straight forward and honest. It just mind boggles me the amount of men I have spoke with and have gone on dates with, only to find out they're married or were hiding something all along. OR the fact they said they like to bike ride, hike, go to the beach, basically just copy what my interests are and then it turns out totally not true. Really, why do we need to waste all that time getting to know each other.

Oh the mind boggles of online dating. Well trying to online date that is! haha!
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/9/2014 1:12:46 PM
1. Shirtless pictures and you want to have a "serious" conversation with me, like no!

2. Want to take up my time messaging me daily but don't propose a date

3. The ever boring coffee/drinks proposal, if you just want to see me in person, how about walking me from my job to the train station, no expense and you got to see me.

4. Being asked "what do you do for fun?", "what do you do for a living?", "who do you live with?", kill me now! I've been asked so many times, now I simply don't respond and delete the conversation or not reply for a few days.

5. People whose first language is something other than English so their use of the language is out of sequence and the placement of the words is as if speaking their native language. How are we supposed to communicate? Frustration!

6. People who want to sample just because you are of a particular race or ethnicity they have never been with, AND they let you know that's why they are messaging you, lmao

7. People who have never met you but want a FWB or FB, like how the hell am I supposed to agree to that prior to having even gone on a date with you?

8. The many thugs/gansters who want to message me, like really? What the heck do you want with me? we have nothing in common, you wouldn't know what do you with me.

9. People who volunteer pictures of themselves (especially shirtless pictures) upon texting OR pictures of their pets. I'm not dating your torso or your pet.
 GJBrown
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/9/2014 6:32:52 PM
^^^^^^ your number 8..
You have so many interest listed that a thug/gangster might actually have something in common with you. You say they wouldn't know what to do with you. You expect them to take you out drug dealing for the 1st date? ha!
 sigungq
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2014 7:15:09 PM

ladyc4 wrote:

Newsflash- GENUINELY "nice" or "good" or whatever guys aren't wasting their time and their breath trying to tear down other guys. That just comes over as bitter and resentful.

Bitter and resentful is what nice guys morph into over time.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating