Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BTM1985
Msg: 126
Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating Page 6 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Geez....sorry I've been too busy with life to get rid of my profile, my bad! I still feel the same about online dating, its gotten harder over the past 2 years and if not many people are going to return my messages then it's time to find a new place to try to meet women. But then again, dating isn't the only thing I do in life....just saying
 BTM1985
Msg: 127
Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating
Posted: 1/12/2014 6:42:52 PM
Hammertown, maybe that's a fact but since marriage is a little f'd up these days and I'm not ready to commit to giving up my freedom but that can change anytime, I play life by the ear . Age is just a number and that knowing by 28 if you want to be the father is a bit forced considering that being a parent is not a game....just saying
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 128
Posted: 1/12/2014 8:35:40 PM

I've been too busy with life to get rid of my profile, my bad!

It probably takes two seconds to delete a profile......just saying......

dating isn't the only thing I do in life.

Of course, dating isn't the only thing to do in life.

it's time to find a new place to try to meet women

You could always keep your profile up and still find a new place to meet women.....just saying....
 sassyscorpiochick
Msg: 129
Posted: 1/12/2014 10:08:41 PM
I'm sorry but I haven't read all 6 previous pages.

I would suppose this has been mentioned as a pet peeve. Mine is not meeting quickly. I hate long phone conversations and not meeting as soon as possible. Every time I've made exceptions to this, I've been sorry. You can't tell anything unless you meet, no matter how well you click on the phone or emails.
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/12/2014 11:41:22 PM
{quote]Really? By claiming that women "usually" choose good-looking d-bags that dump on then, you aren't suggesting that women in general(usually) are reasoning-challenged?

AGAIN< where did I "woman bash"?

Really?

Yes really.

Stating that I was NOT seeing lots of women being dumped on by good-looking d-bag men in MY social environment isn't a partial refutation?

No "partial" here. You speak of one person, do you know that women or men feel certain ways? no, just like Idon't. But from what I see, I see exactly the things I mentioned from women.

I won't make any claim that what I see in my social environment is a universal truth. But I do get tired of the cliches and stereotypes.

As do I, especially when anyone responds with an answer that doesn't jive with, or go with what you say, they're labeled "woman haters/bashers" etc. Hell, you've called me/said that since I responded to one of your replies.

I see very plain looking men who are d-bags, and good-looking guys who are not spoiled-ass brats using their looks to mistreat women.

You must be some kind of expert then, many many many women here should definitely take your advice then, since those are the types of men many women here seem to fall for over and over again.

I'm not disappointed- I'm just going to make an observation that people who are reasonably content with their sociosexual staus(whatever it might be at the time) aren't making huge generalizations about the opposite gender.

Ah, BUT your "observation" was solely directed at me, when it didn't need to be, correct? yes.

Note carefully- I'm not making any generalization, I'm actually taking issue with what YOU said about most women only wanting good-looking bad boys who use and abuse them,and trying to make it out that any woman who dates a good-looking man is setting herself up for disappointment.

There are many who do...why do you think they continue dumping on the self proclaimed "nice guys"? They get off on being treated like crap, being used by men, all because he might look like Johnny Depp, or have six pack abs. I think you misunderstood what i said. I was saying that many many many women want the type of men who use them, treat them like crap. As long as he's not a "**** nice guy", they'll continue dating douchebag after douchebag. it's a vicious cycle. So, MY opinion is, why do all these women have it slathered all over their profiles that they want: "nice/good/solid/real men", when they usually DON'T want those types of men by their past actions?

You seemed to take issue with hat for some reason. I've yet to get a straight answer from a woman about it. It's ad nauseum the "I want a nice/solid/good/real man" BS, but they have a ton of baggage, and then wonder why they're in the situations they're in, because they continue making bad choices. So why would any man want to be with someone who continues making bad decisions? Women get treated like crap, or lied to, because IMO, they allow themselves to be this way. They desperately seek approval from their friends over who they date, and if he doesn;t "fit" their idea, they dump all over him to get with eh bad boy type.

How about the women who date multiple men at the same time, so they can get stuff from these men, while having no interest in sleeping with any of them. You don't think this sorta thing doesn't happen any more? Guess again.

This is a classic low-beta( or lower)male attempt to deflect women away from the alpha men, by alleging hidden defects.

I see. And the fact that women usually refer to the men they've dated at one time(or been married to) as: losers/douchebags/deadbeats/etc isn't the same? I went to the bar today to watch the football game, guess who was sitting at the bar trashing their ex bf? some girl who just called him every name in the book, then wonders why she stayed with him for so long, and when asked, said she'd go back with him, if "he cleaned his act up", HUH?

While I realize that this is more a peeve about forums or other conversational/discussion venue, rather than online dating per se,I do get irritated with this ploy.

As do i with the "women hater/whining/bitter/angry" BS that seems to flow mfrom many womens mouths here. I'm also equally sick of readin the "nice/solid/good/real men" wants in seemingly every profile.

Nor do I like for people to try and claim that all exceptionally attractive women are high maintenance gold diggers, or a that a woman with a more liberal sexual policy is ruining dating for "decent" women.

Dear, most high maintenance women ARE gold diggers, why? their standards are beyond the moon. There are exceptions to the rule, and you're correct it does get old. I've never said "all women" have I? nope, just many I've/we've seemed to come into contact with.

I'm not "attacking" anyone here except one poster with whom I take issue, said issue being that he is trying to tell women that they must choose the so-so guys,the (barely) average joes, or else run a high risk of being used and abused buy a more goodlooking or interesting guy.

if the poster in question is me, please point out where i said every woman MUST choose this type of man? Why you can't/won;t do it? didn't say it. I do get tired of women always claiming they're "indepedent and don't need a man to pay their bills", but then when it comes to dating, the "man always pays". So much for equality huh?

Trust me, average looks and a boring personality DO NOT guarantee that someone is a "nice guy". Nor do good looks guarantee that a guy is a badazz that uses and abuses women.

Never said 100% that it did either way. But i would gather the latter happens moreso than the other.

Do men-and women!-who are of a more highly attractive look,get away with a little more?
Of course they do, but that's no reason to get into a snit bout the matter.Or make generalizations/give out partially false "cautions".

Like when posters routinely refer to men who don't share their same opinions: bitter/angry/woman haters??

Make your dating and relationship life be about your own merits, rather than trying to tear down any sector of the dating pool that you see as "competition

Good advice here...I agree.

Speaking of that, I will say that I do encounter men in my personal dating experiences who seem to be trying to use tearing down their ex in an attempt to get the woman they are currently involved with to constantly "prove" that she's "not like that".
I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "peeve" but I do think it's a tactic I don't care for.

I agree, and it happens with women too, so you're not alone in not caring for it.

but they don't want a Yes-Man.

But then they don't want men who argue with them either, so how can they win?

Sorry, but I have to say that many of us KNOW that a "yes man" is very likely NOT a "nice guy"-he's working an angle, and all too often when it comes down to not getting his way about something- Mr.Nice Guy turns into a ranting accuser and guilt tripper.

Happens too with women, except in different scenerios.

we all know most women want the bad boy.

That is all I've been trying to get across since posting here. So, if you and I both know and agree on this, then why do soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many women keep going back on that, and continue dating the very same bad men they kept shouting from rooftops they were trying to get away from in the first place? Do you see how that's looked at in a societal way?
 SngleNarlington
Msg: 131
Posted: 1/13/2014 8:27:51 AM

You mean this question is the one I avoided? Good grief.....Well, you know what.....I think I will pass on both. If your nice guy means he can't decide on where to go for dinner because he can't make decisions, then I will pass. If your bad boy is going to test me, then I will pass. I am not into ass smackers either, nor am I into a man who is afraid to kiss me. So, I guess that just leaves what I think most women want - a real man. Just be real

Yes that was the question (I just made a comment that you avoided it) but I moved on to a 2nd question which you avoided. It was the part of my post where I put a “?” mark! Maybe information overload ;)

Ok so you are going to pass on the nice guy and bad boy so that means you prefer a mixture of the two. So you AGREE WITH ME lol

I was thinking about ordering “Why Women Date Bad Boys” by Victoria Howard on Amazon but then started to think maybe I could get similar information by reading “Five Reasons Women Go For The Bad Boy” in Psychology Today, “Why Women Date Bad Boys” on oprah.com or “Why Good Women Date Bad Boys” in the Huffington Post (this is just a few but a plethora of information exist on the topic)! Do you have any recommendations?

Pet Peeve: When women can’t admit they are wrong……..Thus the reason The Man Cave came into existence :)

PS- You are correct that I can’t Rap that’s why I was doing a live slow acoustic version. I can’t jump either but we all have our positives and negatives lol
 OutMind
Msg: 132
Posted: 1/13/2014 9:53:00 AM
New pet peeve:

"Hi there..."

Women that contact you with only the above statement. Come on, say something more.
 John255317
Msg: 133
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:26:16 AM
^^^^^Agreed! There is no way I reply to a "Hey there". Shows very little in the thought department.
 ladyc4
Msg: 134
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:58:27 AM

we all know most women want the bad boy.

This was me quoting another poster-NOT agreeing with them.

So, if you and I both know and agree on this,

I don't know-or agree with-any such thing.
You took a snippet of my quoting another poster-quoted that OUT OF CONTEXT.
Epic fail.
Cindy O
 BTM1985
Msg: 135
Posted: 1/13/2014 12:26:54 PM
drivingharmony2.....do you really have enough time in your life to worry about why I'm still on here? That's pretty bad! Even worse than this post I started that for some reason seems to be going strong
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/13/2014 2:46:16 PM
One of my pet peeves is when a person indicates they have a Graduate Degree on their profile and don't realize that comes *AFTER* an undergraduate degree is earned. That is why I will often ask where they earned their undergraduate so I can determine their actual education. There are lots of folks here who believe a graduate degree has been earned when one is handed his or her high school diploma!
 Like2dance
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2014 3:09:46 PM
Misrepresentation, a polite term for lying, comes to mind if I had to boil it down to one point. Since I am a male I am only familiar with female profiles. Women claim that men lie about their height and income so it does go both ways.

The number one lie I encounter is misrepresentation of a woman's age in her profile. It runs from 3 to 10 years in middle aged women from my first hand experience.

Misrepresentation of their weight is next.

Posting old photos as showing her current appearance, misrepresenting the number of prior marriages, their true economic situation, whether or not they are or have been on psych meds, any criminal background, who fathered their children and other such matters also arise. I could go on but will refrain.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 138
Posted: 1/13/2014 4:11:59 PM

do you really have enough time in your life to worry about why I'm still on here?

Well, BTM.....as luck would have it, I am a multi-tasker....you should try it sometime. But please don't fret as I spend very little time wondering what you are up to. Rather, I make observations on these forums, just like you do. Oh, this thread will go on and on and on. I am a bit confused, when you say "that's pretty bad" does that mean "good." I know when I was young, we used to say "that's bad!" when it was actually good. Go figure......and I'm being facetious.

Here's another pet peeve of online dating: when I see a profile with a headline such as the following:

"Catch me soon, I won't last long" this can be interpreted a couple of different ways.....hmmmm?
"In my final days on PoF"
"Only a member until next week, so hurry while supplies last"
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 139
Posted: 1/13/2014 4:19:01 PM
DrivingHarmony2...you are baaaaaad!
I am saying that in a 1977-1982 cool kind of way, too. :-)
On to another date, we shall see...
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 140
Posted: 1/13/2014 4:21:16 PM
Hammertown - THANK YOU :) Much appreciated.

====================================
Snglenarlington:

Ok so you are going to pass on the nice guy and bad boy so that means you prefer a mixture of the two.

No, I don't agree with you. If I pass up a bad boy/butt smacker and a nice guy/indecisive dude, how does that make me want a mixture of the two? Wouldn't that be a double whammy bummer? I said, I think most women want a
REAL MAN. Can you dig it? I'll pass on your plethora of information, but, I'm sure someone else will find those references helpful.

Pet Peeve: When women can’t admit they are wrong

Oh good grief! I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. For example, I thought you could jump, man was I wrong! There you have it. :)

===========

Eric: YOU are WAAAAAAYYYYY tooooo CCCCOOOOOOLLLL! ;)
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2014 4:54:37 PM
I see where some are bothered by a "hey there'" "what's up" or a simple "hello." Those were never a bother for me in the slightest, in fact it was an easy one for me...hey there get a "howdy how are you?" what's up gets a "not much what's new with you?" and hello generally gets a "hello" back. The women are just testing the waters to check interest levels of the guy because they know it's almost all about looks initially, if you're interested you will generally reply and that's gets the ball rolling. I've had a good number of dates over the years by just replying to "beautiful eyes."

I'm never overly critical of a initial email as I believe any intro email to me is a good email, even if it reads "you're a geek"
 L,A, Woman
Msg: 142
Posted: 1/13/2014 5:17:34 PM
I just realized from this post men can be as "****y" as women and men really like gossip!
 OutMind
Msg: 143
Posted: 1/13/2014 5:30:05 PM

I'm never overly critical of a initial email as I believe any intro email to me is a good email, even if it reads "you're a geek"

Very good point. Yet, I am at that point on my life that I don't just want to go out with just anybody. I have become very, very picky. Now a "Hey, there.." in real life, and then she can carry on a conversation. Good. Online? If it leads to more monosyllabic communication hell no.
 foodieguitarman
Msg: 144
Posted: 1/13/2014 5:36:10 PM
I once complained to a friend about the lame " hey there " msgs I'd get to which he responded

" oh come on, if it came from someone you found attractive you'd respond "

... he's right
 sigungq
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2014 6:41:14 PM

L,A, Woman wrote:

I just realized from this post men can be as "****y" as women and men really like gossip!

Yes, it's a contagious disorder, we catch it from women. Especially after years of having been treated rudely and with total indifference.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 146
Posted: 1/13/2014 9:42:12 PM
^^^ hey, good luck!!!
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 147
Posted: 1/14/2014 1:36:10 AM

I don't know-or agree with-any such thing.
You took a snippet of my quoting another poster-quoted that OUT OF CONTEXT.

LOL, as you often do with what i or any other man who doesn;t go along with your thinking do.
 BTM1985
Msg: 148
Posted: 1/14/2014 2:24:05 AM
drivingharmony2......I multitask all the time myself...thanks for asking! I guess I don't need to do it by taking the same exact pictures of myself and change shirts and post it on pof.....at least in my profile I prove that I go out in public
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 149
Posted: 1/14/2014 6:19:45 AM

One of my pet peeves is when a person indicates they have a Graduate Degree on their profile and don't realize that comes *AFTER* an undergraduate degree is earned. That is why I will often ask where they earned their undergraduate so I can determine their actual education. There are lots of folks here who believe a graduate degree has been earned when one is handed his or her high school diploma!

What? Maybe they see "graduate" as in they graduated from High School. There are lots of forms that have "graduate" next to High School to distinguish between GED, High School Diploma, so it asks if you graduated.

People could also see "graduate" as having graduated from college in general.

I'm sure my friend who is graduating from Beauty School will be tempted to select Graduate, lol.
 OutMind
Msg: 150
Posted: 1/14/2014 6:46:56 AM

" oh come on, if it came from someone you found attractive you'd respond "

... he's right

But even this leads to the same type of woman that responds in monosyllabic, and because she is attractive doesn't have to put any effort in the dialogue exchange. Many of these women are actually horrible at the date as well. They want you to make them laugh. Yet they fill the room with their silence. I find these type of women excruciatingly boring. Consequently, if I respond to their Hey there... and her next response is also two words. I don't waste any more of my time with them. Particularly when they are also hot looking.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating