Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 foodieguitarman
Msg: 151
Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating Page 7 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Outmind ^^^^^^

Sure they COULD be like that , and I agree that type is excrutiating to be with but, IMO , you are jumping to conclusions and I'm willing to roll the dice and find out to be sure she's not that type .

Some people are lame when it comes to the written word but open right up in person.

Cheers !
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 152
Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating
Posted: 1/14/2014 7:26:17 AM
BTM: Ahhh, but you see, my photos were taken while out in public. Clearly, your glasses don't provide the vision you need. Thankfully, I don't require hand gestures in my photos as a means to attract girls. But all in all, I seriously hope you find your match whether it be via online dating or offline dating.

Another online dating pet peeve: Guys who post photos with ridiculous looking hand gestures. Save your hands for something else. :)
 OutMind
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/14/2014 7:48:13 AM

you are jumping to conclusions and I'm willing to roll the dice and find out to be sure she's not that type .

Perhaps. But those conclusions are the result of going out with that hottie that didn't communicate. So yeah, I am horrible for jumping into conclusions.
 abmccray
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2014 9:04:04 AM
What? Maybe they see "graduate" as in they graduated from High School. There are lots of forms that have "graduate" next to High School to distinguish between GED, High School Diploma, so it asks if you graduated.

People could also see "graduate" as having graduated from college in general.

I'm sure my friend who is graduating from Beauty School will be tempted to select Graduate, lol.

That's...what he's saying. People not knowing what Graduate Degrees are, putting it on their profiles.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/14/2014 9:52:50 AM

There are lots of forms that have "graduate"................
LOL, "Graduates", A variety of Gerber baby food!
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/14/2014 10:32:01 AM

LOL, "Graduates", A variety of Gerber baby food!

yep! lol
 DogFort
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/14/2014 10:53:49 AM
I've been on here for years and have only been on one date, really.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 158
Posted: 1/14/2014 12:02:15 PM

I see where some are bothered by a "hey there'" "what's up" or a simple "hello." Those were never a bother for me in the slightest, in fact it was an easy one for me...hey there get a "howdy how are you?" what's up gets a "not much what's new with you?" and hello generally gets a "hello" back.

I'm on the same page with ya there. I don't know why someone would get their panties in a bunch over that. One knows that there's a low % chance (for most) of getting a reply. Why write an essay and the like when there's a low % chance for a reply (statistically)?

Now, if the site had a mutual-interest YES/NO verification TO write -- then I could see raising an eyebrow about it. But since it doesn't, it's basically "pinging" the person. Not an impressive way, but, given the high traffic volume and low % shots, one shouldn't get irritated and instead understand.

If ya don't know what to say to that, well, you're in the same non-conversationalist boat as the other person. I don't think one should have to rely on key elements in profiles that generate specific conversation off the bat -- it's just helpful when there is. Most profiles don't have much to work on as they're just, well, profiles, with generalities.

"You like to laugh? So do I! What a match we are! When do you like laughing? What specific times of day? I like laughing at noon the most... not so much in the middle of the night when I'm sleeping because it wakes me up..."
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 159
Posted: 1/14/2014 12:29:14 PM

Those are a lot better than "SUP". The first time I received a message with just a "SUP" on it.....I was like wth does THAT mean

Yep, that was me too. I once received a message, all it said was SUP. I looked at the profile as I could not believe how short the message was (ya' think?) and I noticed on the guy's interest list, there it was!!...in plain sight..... SUP. Then, I was really perplexed until a friend of mine told me SUP stood for stand up paddling....something like that. So, here I thought a guy messaged me with SUP, I figured he wanted to know if I was into stand up paddling, when in reality, he was just saying "What's up." Now, if I could just remember his username? ;)
 PlentyofThis123
Msg: 160
Posted: 1/14/2014 2:07:56 PM
Why write an essay and the like when there's a low % chance for a reply (statistically)?

Good point, why write an essay, when it will usually go unanswered anyhow. I do admit I've had a VERY slight minority of women that actually responded back at how shocked they were to have received such an email, but most of them said, "Great email, but I feel we're not a match". So at least they were courteous about it.

But I don't do the "Hello" only thing either, kind of meet in the middle with a brief couple of lines to get things started.

Of course, I've seen my share of "If you're interested, send me a message" written in a woman's profile, so that balances things out.lol
 JoeBnD
Msg: 161
Posted: 1/14/2014 2:18:41 PM
I got my very first "first message" from a woman here on PoF - "Hi there"

I also looked at her profile and it only had two sentences, the second of which was poorly formed.
 BTM1985
Msg: 162
Posted: 1/14/2014 2:22:02 PM
When I mean public I mean around other people....jeez don't you know anything? Oh no!!!! You didn't like my hand gestures?!?! Son of a gun!!!!!!!!! At least my pictures show the real me instead me smiling and looking classy only to be something completely different in person. Good luck in your search as well! Pet Peeve for dating......45 year old woman who still thinks she's a model after all these years....good grief!!!!!
 BTM1985
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/14/2014 2:24:02 PM
I second everyone with people sending messages that contains only one or two words....... why do I interest you again?
 SngleNarlington
Msg: 164
Posted: 1/14/2014 2:58:39 PM
What I find hilarious is when a woman sends a 1-2 word message and in her profile she requires that men send a message that is longer than just “Hi, sup, hey you, etc. etc.” lol
 foodieguitarman
Msg: 165
Posted: 1/14/2014 3:01:25 PM

Pet Peeve for dating......45 year old woman who still thinks she's a model after all these years....good grief!!!!!

Trust me .... if you find yourself single at my age and are lucky enough to be with a 45 year old woman who looks as good as she does ...

YOU WON'T BE COMPLAINING !
 OutMind
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/14/2014 3:11:08 PM

Trust me .... if you find yourself single at my age and are lucky enough to be with a 45 year old woman who looks as good as she does ...

I don't know dude. I have gone out with a number of 45 year-old women that were hotter than a Miss Universe, or any 25 year-old. Some women, either because of genes, but mainly because they work out, run, cycle, do things get even hotter at that age. Even when you look at their older photos, they are even better looking now.
 foodieguitarman
Msg: 167
Posted: 1/14/2014 3:25:19 PM
Outmind .... I was referring to someone in particular .... msg 176 ... and now I'll stop so as not to make her uncomfy by climbing too far up her butt , lol
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2014 4:27:01 PM
I have met Ms. Harmony and we chit chat quite often AND I have told her on more than one occasion to put a few regular cell "selfies" on her profile which I might add she has flatly refused (although she did send me a personal one sticking out her tongue...I should post it on my profile page ;) That being said she looks exactly like her profile pictures, she's just comfortable with a professional taking her photos and possible wants to maintain a image if some clients were to see her on POF...Heck that means she has some money guys...
 OutMind
Msg: 169
Posted: 1/14/2014 4:53:32 PM

Biggest pet peeve for online dating? People that are constantly claiming that they date HOT people.

Ouch. SUP. Yoh, I guess that's me. Guilty as charged. Dushbag. Chaga laga ding dong. But I don't feel entitled. LOL.

In my earlier days I used to work a lot with models, so every time you did a cattle call (that's what they call it), here came 20 portfolios of the most exquisite looking women that may fit whatever the crap we were trying to promote. Young, thirty something mom. Athletic gym rat. Sexy girl with a smile. You name it. Then we had the actual final selection of 5 come over the office. They would come back with no make-up, hair looking all raggedly, wearing some tights and a pull over. They all looked like 6, at best a 7, and the natural ones maybe an 8. So, really. Any woman that is a 5, with a little work on themselves (exercise, diet) , and a little May West attitude can look at least a 9, if not a hot ten.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 170
Posted: 1/14/2014 6:11:36 PM
tumuchfun

I think you misunderstood his post. He was not the one saying women over 45 shouldn't think they still look as good when they modeled younger.

He was saying in a very respectful way he thinks driving harmony's gorgeous... :)

There. that was my translation good dead for the day. :)
 traveltrekker
Msg: 171
Posted: 1/14/2014 7:02:46 PM

Then, I was really perplexed until a friend of mine told me SUP stood for stand up paddling....something like that. So, here I thought a guy messaged me with SUP, I figured he wanted to know if I was into stand up paddling, when in reality, he was just saying "What's up."

SUP? SUP. U SUP? SUP with the SUP? So....SUP?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 172
Posted: 1/14/2014 8:13:57 PM
The next time a man writes "SUP!" as an introduction, the woman should quickly reply:
"Sure! How about Sunday at the main pier around 3:00 p.m. See you there!"
That way she can be in the water on her Stand Up Paddleboard viewing some guy walking around in circles on shore.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 173
Posted: 1/14/2014 10:31:33 PM
THANK YOU!!!! Page 8 forum peeps, very nice and much appreciated :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

although she did send me a personal one sticking out her tongue...I should post it on my profile page

^^^TMF: don't you dare! I sent you a close up of my kitty........doesn't that count? ;)

a little May West attitude...

^^^Outmind: I utilized one of Ms. West's lines as my headline a couple of weeks ago "Anything worth doing, is worth doing slowly."

Good luck in your search as well!

^^^BTM1985: Thanks, it means a lot......

SUP? SUP. U SUP? SUP with the SUP? So....SUP?

^^^Now that was funny....a bit neurotic....but funny :)

====================================

Back on topic:

Another pet peeve for online dating: no profile photos, so you request one be sent to a generic email address. The photo is emailed and it's a blurry driver's license photo from 2000. Hmmmmm?
 SngleNarlington
Msg: 174
Posted: 1/14/2014 10:42:28 PM

^^^TMF: don't you dare! I sent you a close up of my kitty........doesn't that count? ;)

Such a tease lol
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2014 9:24:06 AM

Yes it does, especially when I heard her purr ;)...meow
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating