Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I'm rather confused as to why people seek relationships. [CLOSED]<      Home login  
 AUTHOR
I'm rather confused as to why people seek relationships.Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
For Op:

Love is the only bow on Life’s dark cloud. It is the morning and the evening star. It shines upon the babe, and sheds its radiance on the quiet tomb. It is the mother of art, inspirer of poet, patriot and philosopher. It is the air and light of every heart – builder of every home, kindler of every fire on every hearth. It was the first to dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody – for music is the voice of love. Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to joy, and makes right royal kings and queens of common clay. It is the perfume of that wondrous flower, the heart, and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon, we are less than beasts; but with it, earth is heaven, and we are Gods.

- Robert Green Ingersoll

To be in love is not just to look at each other, but to look together in the same direction.

- Saint-Exupery (Terre des Hommes, 1939)

I still find that some people imagine that intimacy is only a matter of approximating genitals one to another...Intimacy...requires a type of relationship which I call collaboration, by which I mean clearly formulated adjustments of one’s behavior to the expressed needs of the other person in the pursuit of increasingly identical – that is, more and more nearly mutual – satisfactions.

- Harry Stack Sullivan

Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person, it is an attitude, an orientation of character which determines the relatedness of a person to the world as a whole.

- Erich Fromm

The only thing in the world as strong as love is truth, and there are reasons for believing that as far as marriage is concerned they are different aspects of the same thing.

- F. Alexander Magoun

The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.

- Messiah's Handbook - Reminders for the Advanced Soul

It may be gravity that holds you while its spinning, but only love can keep your feet on the ground. It may be sanity that tells us what we're feeling, but only love can tell you what is real.

- Billy Thorpe (East of Eden's Gates [Children of the Sun] )

And I thought...if I could make a good family, then that would be a finer accomplishment than anything I could ever do with my mind or with my hands...we live for the hours at home. It’s a boring life to read about, but not to live. Peace. Beauty. Love. Happiness. All the great abstractions.

- (Orson Scott Card, Ender ?)

To cheat oneself out of love is the most terrible deception; it is an eternal loss for which there is no reparation, either in time or in eternity.

- Soren Kierkegaard

It ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of flying is? Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down, tells you she's hurting before she keels...makes her a home.

- Malcolm Reynolds

Some say that the most beautiful thing on this dark earth is a cavalry regiment, some a battalion of infantry on the march, and some a fleet of long oars. But to me the fairest thing is when one is in love with someone else.

- Sappho

A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.

- Andre Maurois

The best gift you can give to your child is to love each other.

- ?
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 66
view profile
History
I'm rather confused as to why people seek relationships.
Posted: 1/19/2014 4:57:02 AM
No-one picked up on this being a troll yet?

Given the OP has logged in numerous times since posting this without making any further posts - this is going to be CLOSED

the other
Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS ||
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I'm rather confused as to why people seek relationships. [CLOSED]