Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Trying to figure this online dating stuff out.. Getting disappointed.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chromis1
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Trying to figure this online dating stuff out.. Getting disappointed.Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
^^^^ Eh, just makes me wonder what the over/under is. I'd probably take the under.

In any event, we now know that sigungq still has a profile here.
 Chromis1
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Trying to figure this online dating stuff out.. Getting disappointed.
Posted: 9/13/2016 12:17:54 PM
^^^^ Then definitely bet the under. Unexpected expense is always a disappointment.
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 51
Posted: 9/13/2016 12:49:04 PM

You have my personal guarantee that I will not disappoint you in any way.

Ohenry, I take that line no different than someone telling me

"Trust me."

"I sweat to on my mothers' grave."

"I guarantee it."

"Would I even lie to you?"

Trumps favorite "Believe me, believe me."

There's almost a silent line after that "Or...."

Which is followed by "your money back."

So whatever will not disappoint requires money.

So......
 ohenryx
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2016 1:38:36 PM
This could be taken in all kinds of ways.

As in, "My pictures are recent, this is how I really look, so you won't be disappointed when and if you actually meet me".

All the way out to, "Ask me out on a date, and it will be the best night you EVER had! Hubba, hubba!!!"

Probably the former, but one never knows.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/13/2016 5:36:20 PM
"personal guarantee"

OK just curious. Chromis may be able to clarify. If a guarantee is offered, does this imply, "money back" if disappointed?
 Seki1949
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2016 8:42:57 PM
Pay for Play? Messages this short may not be posted.
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/13/2016 8:58:15 PM

All the way out to, "Ask me out on a date, and it will be the best night you EVER had! Hubba, hubba!!!"

Plenty of con artist in all the sites.

So I never bought into the bull sh it. It it sounded too good to be true. Well. It wasn't. 99% of the time. I doubt that has changed since I've been out of the system.

What I did was immediately asked local questions. And asked to meet ASAP. If she was giving the around for more than a week, it was goodbye. Even when they were real.
 Sinaya
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2016 12:56:50 PM
I have been to a great workshop a while ago, and received great tips for dating. It's a dating workshop here in Ottawa, and there are some for guys and others for women. Am not sure when the next one is, but it's worth exploring. I think the name was The Single Option. You will get answers to many questions that bother you.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Trying to figure this online dating stuff out.. Getting disappointed.