Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ScooterSB
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Profile Review.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

He didn't say the Johnny Depp thing, I did. I think you need to be a chippendale get a reply from most of the women on here. They'll sift through 100's of messages (if they're attractive) and reply to the hottest guy presumably.

You have been told a number of times about the quality of your pictures, and yest they havnt been updated. With better pictures I think there will be some who consider you the 'hottest guy'.

I'm not chippendale but I get an OK reply rate because I have reasonable pictures and know how to sell myself.
 SiSezHi
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/21/2014 9:07:16 AM
Thanks for your input mate. I will get 'round to sorting my profile next week. Waiting for half term from college be over so I can get back and get some better pictures taken.

I guess I'm rubbish at writing profiles if it's terrible. Can only write what I think sounded good to me, and apparently, that is rubbish haha!
 SiSezHi
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/21/2014 9:21:20 AM
Scooter - What pics would you recommend? Perhaps I need to go bowling, have a pic of me knocking down some skittles. What do you reckon?
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 27
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/21/2014 11:58:01 AM
"What do you reckon?"

Why not ask a professional photographer?
Their business is making people look great.
 SiSezHi
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/22/2014 6:52:46 AM
True, but there may be trouble with that, the cost. Probably a pretty penny.
 firefly416
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/22/2014 2:43:44 PM
The headline is awful. Delete the joke. Go back to where you filled out the interests and put commas anywhere you now have a slash. It will make a better list.

I like music so I didn't mind it that 75% of your profile was about music. And I think you probably need to meet someone who would agree with that so it didn't bother me.

Yes ask anyone at school to take photos of you.
 SiSezHi
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 3/2/2014 1:44:54 PM
I've made some changes to my profile and deleted all the pictures. I added a new picture (which I like) and gonna add more ovet the next week or so.
 Deedeelogan
Msg: 31
Profile Review.
Posted: 10/10/2014 4:45:03 PM
OK, I'll bump this back up. Forum rules - one review per person. Keep the old one active instead of starting a new one.

Sorry, Simon, you don't have much going on in your profile that would make a woman want to message you.

You're 38 and your profession is studying? Most people have finished their major schooling by that age and are getting established in a career.

No car. Deal Breaker. Whether or not its true, at your age most women are going to think the worst and decide either you're broke and can't afford one or you did something bad and had your license taken away.

Also at your age you're undecided about having children. Most women in your age bracket know one way or the other. When women use the search feature they probably choose yes or no to that question to find a like-minded man. I doubt many women are choosing undecided as their search criteria.

The longest you've been in a relationship is 2 years. Someone your age is more likely to be in a relationship for at least 5 years. Kind of suspect when its shorter, a woman will think you're not long term relationship material, but not much you can do about that.

You only have 2 pictures. Indoor pictures. No body shots. Post some outside photos.

You only have 5 interests. Kind of hard to keep the conversation going.

You say in your About Me that you don't drink. Yet you answered further above "do you drink" - socially. Kind of makes you come across as a liar.

Have you read the profile writing tips in the above thread highlighted in green. You might want to look there for suggestions. You need to sell yourself, and talking about your troubled past isn't doing it.

Good luck.
 Forums_only
Msg: 32
Profile Review.
Posted: 10/10/2014 6:48:29 PM
Great smile - do add more photos.

Replace the generic Interests with one or two-word specific examples.

Remove the "lol"s. A simple exclamation mark serves the purpose. I enjoyed your sense of humour.

In your area, no car is probably not an issue. Clarify the drinking thing, though.

ps - "bare" with me implies you want to get naked. Correct the spelling to 'bear'. Or not, that's up to you... ;p
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 33
Profile Review.
Posted: 10/11/2014 7:07:41 AM
Hi Simon, there have been a lot of good suggestions made for you, more than a few have not been put into practice.

Put your name where it belongs in the edit section then lose the opening line.

Interests: If you don't have more than 5 then add some you would enjoy doing some day. Bowling, billiards, meteor showers, board games, cards... shoot for at very least 9.

Do NOT mention your past, delete that part pronto.

And yes, that IS presumptuous Lose that as well.

Jerry
 Forums_only
Msg: 34
Profile Review.
Posted: 10/11/2014 9:46:46 AM

Great smile - do add more photos.

Replace the generic Interests with one or two-word specific examples.

Remove the "lol"s. A simple exclamation mark serves the purpose. I enjoyed your sense of humour.

In your area, no car is probably not an issue. Clarify the drinking thing, though.

ps - "bare" with me implies you want to get naked. Correct the spelling to 'bear'. Or not, that's up to you... ;p

Will repeat suggestions until you actually take some.
Duplicate thread has been reported.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 35
Profile Review.
Posted: 10/11/2014 11:31:00 AM
This profile is much improved over the earlier version.
Proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization are essential for a POF profile.
You will wish to have a friend proofread to catch those errors and repost the narrative.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 36
Profile Review.
Posted: 10/14/2014 2:23:36 PM
My suggestion is you add a few more photographs to the mix.
Illustrate things you do for fun...perhaps as well as work.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review.