Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are there any gentlemen out there?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JoeBnD
Msg: 240
Are there any gentlemen out there?Page 11 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
I think the person who "lies down" has better character than the one who "walks on." The one who "walks on" is the user.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 241
Are there any gentlemen out there?
Posted: 10/9/2015 11:06:15 PM

Lie down and you will be walked over.

So how does one 'stand up' and NOT get labeled a jerk?
-- Because someone who is used to walking ON people is ALSO used to blowing their drama completely out of proportion when they don't get their way. The azzhole moniker gets tossed onto ANYone they don't like, and it really doesn't matter what the alleged azz's true character may really be. If you refuse to play their game, you get ostracized as some sort of jerk.

You may think this sounds like something kids do on a playground, or 20-somethings do at a bar, but there are plenty of 40 and 50-somethings doing the exact same thing every day in social media and other places. Nobody is immune from name-calling, and the shoe doesn't EVER need to fit to get labeled as something you are not.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 242
Posted: 10/9/2015 11:14:57 PM
It's kinda like you all are talking about that fine line between being passive and being aggressive... being "assertive". I want one of those!
 spot4username
Msg: 243
Posted: 10/10/2015 8:28:02 AM
There are lots of gentlemen out there. If I stop believing that why even bother trying to meet someone?
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 244
Posted: 10/10/2015 9:36:35 AM
^^^
I thought the same thing when one gal told me how relationships work.

The first year is great, 2nd ok and third is torture.

Why does she bother??
 Blackwood85
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2015 8:23:34 PM

When I read the profile of men who claim to be kind, honest, intelligent, interesting, humourous and genuine, all out nice guy, my alert button is pushed. If they are all that, why are they here for years looking for someone??

That would be like me saying "Well she's really hot why is she single?" Sometimes it's just like that, it just goes that way. There are shit ton of single people who could be dating each other but don't but then they complain about being single.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 246
Posted: 10/14/2015 7:46:29 PM

When I read the profile of men who claim to be kind, honest, intelligent, interesting, humourous and genuine, all out nice guy, my alert button is pushed. If they are all that, why are they here for years looking for someone??

Same thing goes for women.

If they are so wonderful and have such full and interesting lives, why hasn't some great guy snatched them up in real life already?
After all their years out in the real world? Where men still do most of the approaching and initiating contact?
 Viper1j
Msg: 247
Posted: 10/15/2015 1:35:17 AM
"Are there any gentlemen out there?"

Yep! You'll find them all in your "Friend Zone".
 crookcatcher
Msg: 248
Posted: 10/15/2015 1:58:47 AM

Yes...yes there are. They're not the superficially nice, the door mat, the one who let's someone walk all over them. They actually have that character trait even when not in the best of moods or the situation may not be handled in the best way by being a gentleman. But it's there, it's inherent by choice until it's second nature...a habit.
 sealady111
Msg: 249
Posted: 10/15/2015 3:11:55 AM
^^ Here Here Crook Catcher.

I am lucky to know a few true gentlemen.
And unlucky in that none of them are available to me.

And I wish the single and available ones were in my Friend Zone then I would know how to find them.
 patchjoker13
Msg: 250
Posted: 10/15/2015 10:29:56 AM
One might ask, "Are there any good women left out there?", but I think that would be too sexist. The whole "true gentleman" and "nice guy" stuff is just a bunch of bull sh*t. It is an indirect way of saying that most guys are jerks, wimps, losers, and perverts, and there is only a few select "true gentleman" out there to choose from. Of course there are going to be guys who feed into this crap by placing there fists on their hips like superman and saying "And...yes...I am that true gentleman you seek!!!". Give me a fuc*ing break. Obvious there is not going to be enough of these "true gentlemen" to go around....so have fun with your 50 cats and reruns of the golden girls....
 patchjoker13
Msg: 251
Posted: 10/15/2015 10:36:53 AM
Oh, and BTW, if there are these great "true gentlemen" out there, won't they already be swarmed with women,... and they would definitely not need a dating site.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 252
Posted: 10/15/2015 11:01:09 AM

The whole "true gentleman" and "nice guy" stuff is just a bunch of bull sh*t.

Actually no...you just proved it, thanks for playing. :)

Of course there are going to be guys who feed into this crap by placing there fists on their hips like superman and saying "And...yes...I am that true gentleman you seek!!!".

Get your shyt straight nimrod, it's batman.

Give me a fuc*ing break

Ok. Done. You ray of sunshine you! :)

Oh, and BTW, if there are these great "true gentlemen" out there, won't they already be swarmed with women,... and they would definitely not need a dating site.

Not everyone does. You certainly don't. Can't imagine why that endearing personality isn't featured in GQ as a how to article.

Glad you could stop by you happy camper you. :)
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 253
Posted: 10/15/2015 2:02:00 PM

Yep! You'll find them all in your "Friend Zone".

….waiting to take advantage of you when you are weak and vulnerable, hoping to get some by pretending to be a “friend.”

Obvious there is not going to be enough of these "true gentlemen" to go around....so have fun with your 50 cats and reruns of the golden girls....

Is that ridiculous threat supposed to make desperate women want you? Or feel guilty for not wanting you? I don’t understand this weird trait some men have that makes them think things like this. Is this how you emotionally manipulate(d) your mother? “I’ll hold my breath, until you get naked for me!”

“Have fun with your cats!” would you be more fun than an episode of the Golden Girls, pouting in the corner and throwing temper tantrums to get your way? Jeezus!
 patchjoker13
Msg: 254
Posted: 10/19/2015 7:55:38 AM
I know the statement I made about the cats and the golden girls was an unfair sexist stereotype. But,... it was also a trap. I knew that it would get some responses and also prove a point. This whole "nice guy" stuff that is being put up on here also contains many unfair stereotypes. The "nice guy" is just another boogieman that some women have created to further justify their hatred of most men. This "nice guy" seems to be everything from just being a wimp to being this perverted predator that lurks waiting for his poor female victim to become vulnerable. If guys came on here and said..."These "nice girls"...don't trust them, they just want your money and to destroy your soul. Many of you would instantly attack these guys, and rightfully so. When females spew bullsh*t on here they are applauded for it. People are much more diverse and are not easily placed in just one box. Another stereotype is that when men disagree with you clowns, they must automatically be disliked by women. That could not be further from the truth. I have dated more than my share of beautiful women and I have many female friends.

And... crooked catcher...you are not batman,...more like Harvey Dent.
 spot4username
Msg: 255
Posted: 10/19/2015 8:23:34 AM
I would like a kind man. I honestly don't think that is too much to ask for.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 256
Posted: 10/19/2015 2:41:39 PM

And... crooked catcher...you are not batman,...more like Harvey Dent.

Aww... patches my delusional forum naysayer. I was given that nickname (in a joking way) after swinging from an upper floor balcony knocking a suspect down who had backed himself out onto the balcony with a baseball bat to fight officers who were there to arrest him for beating his wife. Neighbor said he was a "nice guy"?

But regardless, there's quite the difference between a nice guy and a gentleman.

You're predictable rants against the women on here have become the gold standard to which women
compare the rest of the male posters. Kudos for setting the bar. :)
 sealady111
Msg: 257
Posted: 10/19/2015 3:27:05 PM
Nice to see you back CC.
How was the wedding?
Did you manage to walk down the aisle without crying?
Or with a massive proud smile?

That Batman move would be at home in any action movie.
Spectacular and well done.

Hope the 'nice guy' learned his lesson in prison and the other prisoners found him really cute.
 patchjoker13
Msg: 258
Posted: 10/19/2015 11:17:57 PM
Alright crook catcher...I am going to put this in a way that you can understand. You are or were a cop...right? Now,.. we know that on rare occasions a police person may do something wrong or do something that is not popular with some people. If people stated that a cop caught up in a controversial situation was known as a "good cop", meaning they always had a good clean record of service and had no incidents, others who are not big fans of police could use that term "good cop" in a negative and sarcastic way. When incidents of police misconduct occur these people might say, "yep, let me guess? another "good cop" beat that poor unarmed man", so on and so on. The goal of these people would be to attach a negative meaning to "good cop" as a way to not only address negative situations but also to paint a negative view of the IDEA of a "good cop". To explain it further for you....they would be more interested in creating a blanketed negative view rather than looking at individual situations.

This whole "nice guy" thing is the same situation. If a guy is manipulative, fake, and predatory, he is not a nice guy..... If the phrase "good cop" was hijacked and turned into a negative meaning...would it not be unfair to all cops?......correct?
 jaytay65
Msg: 259
Posted: 11/6/2015 2:45:00 PM
hello how are u beth my name is jason
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 260
Posted: 11/6/2015 3:07:06 PM
Hi Jason, welcome to the forums. It can get pretty mean in here at times but there is also a lot of good information if you look in the right place.

Just so you know - Beth started this thread a year ago. She is no longer even a member of POF. You can tell because you can't check her profile or posting history.
 cooldog65
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2015 10:27:39 AM
jaytay65...

hello how are u beth my name is jason

Sorry to disappoint you Jason, but Beth hasn't posted since 2/6/14.
 ohenryx
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2015 2:14:31 PM

spot4username
I would like a kind man. I honestly don't think that is too much to ask for.

Situational ethics.

I suspect most people think of themselves as "kind". On the other hand, most people I know are not actually kind, or at least not all of the time, or even most of the time.

I am kind to 99% of animals, and that is true 99% of the time. Kind to all people, all of the time? No, can't say that I am.
 c_c_again
Msg: 263
Posted: 11/9/2015 5:48:56 PM

Yes....yes there are. However it's not the end all for dating bliss. Has it's moments, has it's non-moments as well. At the end of the day it's simply a chosen way to conduct yourself. Win, lose or draw it's a choice. :/
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 264
Posted: 11/10/2015 12:56:30 PM

I suspect most people think of themselves as "kind". On the other hand, most people I know are not actually kind, or at least not all of the time, or even most of the time.

I don't consider myself kind. I am more of an a s s whole than anything else. I spend my day dealing with CEOs, Sales Managers, Distributors, Marketing Managers, designers. So when they dish crap, I dish crap and put them on the spot. When they do good, and don't b ull sh it, I tread them good and with respect and give credit where credit is doe.

I extend that attitude to everyone, men, women and children. Period.

I give people the benefit of the doubt and believe in the good of the people, but when you prove me wrong, I do not give second chances, unless that person unintentionally did whatever it is that they did. With that said, I believe that when you enter into an argument with someone, you should have an open mind and not only a desire to change another persons mind, but also without feeling any less of my self, a willingness to accept the other person's point of view. And at times, accept to agree to disagree.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are there any gentlemen out there?