Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > What's wrong with my page?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Forums_only
Msg: 24
What's wrong with my page?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
HERE IS YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD.

It helps when we do reviews to see what other suggestions you have been given and either used or ignored so we don't waste our time repeating ourselves.

You still have way too many selfies and not nearly enough well lit outdoor photos. The main should be shoulders up, smiling.

At 22, having your intent as looking for marriage is likely to freak out most of the girls you contact, unless you are specifically targeting those girls with the same intent. If you are truly desperate to get married, there are other sites that may be faster and have a more specific marriage-minded user base.

The whole bit about the divorce and asking you for details is unnecessary. A couple of lines about the girl you'd like to meet would be helpful. Do avoid clich├ęs and any negative language.
 2015LadyLove
Msg: 25
What's wrong with my page?
Posted: 10/25/2014 7:15:11 PM
Welcome back to Profile review :)

I have some notes for you.

1)
I am currently working in the retail industry, but I also hold a second job as a Computer Technician. I am going to college as well to get my Criminal Justice degree with the goal of becoming a police officer.
You have two jobs and going to college. My first thought and that of the woman reading this is "when do you have time to date? ", without some indication of how the reader can possibly fit into your life the first thing they read is a red flag!

2)
Some of my hobbies/favorite things to do are going to the beach, playing video games, watching movies, going out to eat, Disneyland (I have an annual pass), and traveling just to name some interests.
See above, when do you have time?

3)
I am sure many of you will notice my profile says I am divorced. Yes it is true, but please don't let that scare you off from talking to me. If you want to know what happened please just ask.
Leave this off your profile. If someone wants to know let them ask. Remove anything about your previous marriage. It's your past and you are looking for someone for your future. If you look at peoples profiles who are divorced non of us talk about our divorces in our profiles. I think this should be true regardless of someones age.
 disneytech951
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/25/2014 7:21:54 PM
Thank you for the suggestions. I have made some slight changes to my profile based on the above. Also, what is everyone's opinion about looking for marriage as my intent?
 mike11091
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/25/2014 7:31:06 PM
Forums_only said it:

At 22, having your intent as looking for marriage is likely to freak out most of the girls you contact

Personally, that is completely your prerogative. Yes, there are those out there that will turn away. There are also those out there that are looking for someone like that.

You have to decide at what point you're willing to weed out potential matches that don't want to get married. Before or after initial contact.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/25/2014 8:11:50 PM

I thought I had my profile down to a T,

I used to have my profile down to a T.

Then somebody changed the alphabet.

What is wrong?

Women just don't reply and initiate messages like they used to in the good old days of online dating.

As far as the marriage intent , I would just leave it at "Long Term Relationship" (which a marriage also is, but less pressure upfront). It still just has to start with dating.
 petula1908
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/25/2014 8:15:02 PM
I dont think "you look pretty" is a bad remark. "Hey!!! you are hot and sexy", for instance, is.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > What's wrong with my page?