Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Healthy eaters have "treat" days too,      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 22
Healthy eaters have treat days too,Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm just having now the apple/cin one from that linked brand i posted. holy cows. I like it more than the other one.
 jpwrnglrwmn
Msg: 23
Healthy eaters have treat days too,
Posted: 3/31/2014 6:03:09 PM
Yes, dark chocolate with spices is really the best, had a square with chili in it last night. Yum! Sometimes it's the food pairings that you wouldn't think of that turn out to be really great.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/31/2014 6:26:44 PM
All this healthy talk aside though, I totally followed up on my promise to buy those chocolates, plus a couple more, plus 2 mint-dark ch. bars. gone in 3 days :D
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/31/2014 7:35:57 PM
If I had to choose a guilty-pleasure food...it would have to be quality cheeses. Dee-lish!
 activemelaney
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2014 12:53:30 PM
^^^^
Cheese is the only dairy I eat except for an ice cream once or twice a year.

The good thing about aged, sharp, etc. cheeses is that they pack a lot of flavour into a little bite. Not only do I prefer extra old cheddar to medium but I eat half as much. Cheese is also tasty when paired with fruits. A typical snack when myboyfriend and I watch a movie is a couple of specialty cheeses, Mango slices, berries...and a couple varieties of mushrooms and olives. A bit high on th salt side but we don't eat a lot of salt otherwise.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/1/2014 2:49:42 PM
^^^

activemelaney...you're not kidding.
Nice cheeses paired with some perfect apples and crisp pears...fantastic!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/1/2014 8:54:55 PM
If I had to choose a guilty-pleasure food...it would have to be quality cheeses. Dee-lish!

A typical snack when myboyfriend and I watch a movie is a couple of specialty cheeses, Mango slices, berries...and a couple varieties of mushrooms and olives.

If this is you guy's idea of "treats", heaven help the kids who come trick or "treat"ing at your houses on Halloween.

"Hey, what'd you get?"
"I got mango slices"
"I got cheese"
"I got mushrooms"

"OK, tomorrow night we'll be back with the eggs".

Now I need a donut....or 3.....with or without orange icing.......

:)
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2014 1:58:10 AM
Sharp Cheddar, a good Blue cheese, goat cheese..mmmmm
Cheese is good with hot peppers as well as olives stuffed with garlic cloves.

Dam, I want a big hunk now.

If this is you guy's idea of "treats", heaven help the kids who come trick or "treat"ing at your houses on Halloween

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They get pencils silly.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2014 2:35:41 PM
I think ill try a frozen banana, starwberries and dark cocoa powder with some stevia this weekend. Just got a huge thing of the dark cocoa powder.MMMMMMM and its gotten quite warm here.
I find bananas will make a fruit mixture feel and taste like ice cream

Now where is those Dove Bars ?

^^Don't forget the JUST JIM BEAM chasers with those dove bars.
 Westernguy
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/4/2014 2:44:11 PM

If this is you guy's idea of "treats", heaven help the kids who come trick or "treat"ing at your houses on Halloween.

"Hey, what'd you get?"
"I got mango slices"
"I got cheese"
"I got mushrooms"

"OK, tomorrow night we'll be back with the eggs".

LMAO !

Now THAT was funny !

Thanks !

Westernguy
a ee a ee a !
 CharminC
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/4/2014 8:03:47 PM
My baked goods are my treats.
Like the mint chocolate cheesecake cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting I made two weeks ago for my youngest's birthday. God those were di..............vine.
Only other treats is coffee with cream and sugar or vanilla greek yogurt with tons of nuts.
 _shakti_
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/4/2014 8:13:02 PM
I usually go through phases of being utterly addicted to something. Sometimes it's a spice that I put in nearly everything, a vegetable, a certain flavor that I'm constantly chasing.. right now it's pinapples. I can't get enough. To the point that my mouth is currently raw, lol.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2014 2:46:43 AM

right now it's pinapples. I can't get enough. To the point that my mouth is currently raw, lol.

^^^^^^^Oh it will make you so raw if you do it often.
I've done that too.If I dont use a straw I can get joker mouth ( in the corner of my mouth).
I backed off a week and started putting kiwi, papaya or strawberries in the pineapple smoothies. It even made the roof of my mouth and throat a bit raw for a week after having pineapple smoothies every day for a while.

I get on "kicks too".
Im tired of the lethargic feeling after key lime pie now ( dairy and sugar)..So am over that for now.
Watermelon is back and between the kiwi,papaya and watermelon with pineapple its not irritating and so tropical.

Good coffee is always a treat !!
I found if I get an cheap ice cube tray then mix melted coconut oil and stevia with the dark cocoa and put either a nut or touch of vanilla in it then refrigerate, it makes a really good gourmet tasting coffee.
Cream is better for you than low fat milk , if you like cream.
I have added cinnamon to the coconut oil also w no vanilla,so may have a few trays with different things in the mix.

Will try many of what y'all are trying, so thanks and keep them coming.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/5/2014 2:35:41 PM
Even after years of pretty consistent low carbing, I still get sugar cravings, especially around my period. And I will gain 5 pounds of water weight - annoying as heck.

I try to limit myself to a few pieces of chocolate. Lately, I've started to bake brownies with healthy ingredients - replace sugar with erithritol/stevia/xylitol, replace most of the flour with cashew or almond flour, use unsweetened cocoa powder, and that is sometimes enough to keep me going strong. I can easily resist stuff like pizza or pasta, but sugar is still my biggest source of temptation.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2014 3:14:16 AM

I try to limit myself to a few pieces of chocolate. Lately, I've started to bake brownies with healthy ingredients - replace sugar with erithritol/stevia/xylitol, replace most of the flour with cashew or almond flour, use unsweetened cocoa powder, and that is sometimes enough to keep me going strong. I can easily resist stuff like pizza or pasta, but sugar is still my biggest source of temptation

Try some experiments with coconut flour AND the almond flour, use coconut oil for the fat.
You will have to find what YOU like.
It took me a while to get it right for my taste.

Brownies seem the easiest to make healthy.

Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches on the weekend, too.

I found a Klondike bar or ice cream sandwich is a good way to control ice cream intake when being really bad.*devil*.
When you buy a pint..hard not to eat the whole thing.
How anyone thinks thats 4 servings when you need a "fix" I dont know.
Cherry Garcia rocks.
Must be some way to make a cherry smoothie close to it.

Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2014 2:20:02 PM

. As we the [Chicago Mycological Society] fly them in once a year to hear their latest seminar in what's happening in Mushroom world.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In Manhattan N.Y.????

"Our meetings are generally held on the first Monday of the month. Our first meeting of 2014 is scheduled for Monday, March 3. The March and April meetings will be held at the North Park Village Nature Center. Beginning in May 2014, the regular meeting site will shift to Kendall College near the intersection of Chicago Avenue and Halsted Street in Chicago."
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2014 3:21:39 PM
^^^^^^^^^

no need to be fanatical

Seriously?
Some would say pumping iron until your arms look like a distorted balloon is a "fanatical disorder".

Weightloss and weight gain is down to calories in versus calories burnt.

You have a lot to learn.
What the calories are make a tremendous difference in your ability to burn fat or not gain fat.
I consume more calories than the average man that weighs more than I do and it isn't genetic.

This thread is about healthy eaters not having to be" fanatical" ever day.
 Westernguy
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/16/2014 3:27:55 PM
I try to eat healthy snacks like Jalapeno and Cheddar Doritoes

Jalapeno = vegetable
Cheddar = dairy
Doritoes = corn plus the good kind of fat

And by golly they sure are yummy !

Westernguy
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 40