Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bigshrek
Msg: 2495
gun control in the usaPage 102 of 102    (62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102)
I am reminded of a picture taken by a man in a tree down at an angry bear.

The caption..."Firearms...more useful than a camera!"

Even more funny when you realize that bears can climb trees rather easily.
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 2496
gun control in the usa
Posted: 5/12/2009 4:53:03 PM
Spend some time on their website, lots of info there if you want it.

That's good advice. However, if true, it completely negates the NRA's slogan. If guns don't kill, how can you stop crime with them?

I'm just being a brat here. My point is that we shouldn't have to _go_ there to find this stuff out. Their PSAs, bumper stickers, and sloganeers should be telling us.

Even more funny when you realize that bears can climb trees rather easily.

There you go!
 sd_matt
Msg: 2497
gun control in the usa
Posted: 5/15/2009 2:58:59 AM
Ace

I agree with you about due process. It seems like a nice thing to just "shewt em all". But it's either a grab for power or extremely emotional, non-logical thinking.

I like the idea of gun ownership as it helps keep govt accountable to the people ( well in my assessment anyway ). But get rid of due process in a country that is farther and farther away from uniformity in its morality. Ouch!!

Funny how Libs and Conservatives think alike. They both have the same knee jerk reaction to problems. With Libs the power grab takes the form of illegalizing gun and for Cons it is making all drugs more illegal. They either hold the gun accountable or the drug accountable. But their fundamental system of accountability is the same.

So very alike they are.
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 2499
gun control in the usa
Posted: 5/15/2009 7:37:12 AM
Funny how Libs and Conservatives think alike. They both have the same knee jerk reaction to problems. With Libs the power grab takes the form of illegalizing gun and for Cons it is making all drugs more illegal. They either hold the gun accountable or the drug accountable. But their fundamental system of accountability is the same.

So very alike they are.

Maybe the NORML folks should adopt this slogan:

Drugs don't kill, people do.

How would that come across to y'all?
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 2500
gun control in the usa
Posted: 5/15/2009 7:42:03 AM

Yah I mean illegal wire taps, torture, military adventurism under the pretext of lies. You're gun ownership is sure keeping government accountable.

Well, so far as we know, anyway, they haven't been pulling that stuff on any of us citizens. But since they're capable and willing to do it to others who they consider enemies ...
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >