Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Being a hippie      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 billingsmason
Msg: 71
Being a hippiePage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Ok.... but that's just what peaceful easy feeling means to me...

And who's definition of magic?
 hippiebro
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Being a hippie
Posted: 9/6/2016 5:01:17 PM
Where should I move to sweet rainbow mama? Here's your papa bear.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 73
Being a hippie
Posted: 9/6/2016 8:46:17 PM
^ But are you an indigo child?
 razors_edge55
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Being a hippie
Posted: 9/12/2016 1:04:56 PM
when I lived in nor cal I drove a 70 vw camper and had ten more other vw's at home ,and my hair was long ,sometimes ,,but I did 100 mile day rides on a bicycle and I never smoked ,,plenty thought I was a
hippie ,,,in passing ,,,but what is a hippie ??? don't know ,,I don't like lables ,,,,,
Msg: 75
Being a hippie
Posted: 9/12/2016 3:15:06 PM
I once tried offering a woman here a ride in my YUGO....for a trip . . . can't get much more hippie than that . . and she turned me down flat.

They are coming out with an all electric VW bus. If I were younger, that would be my vehicle.
Msg: 76
Being a hippie
Posted: 9/12/2016 3:16:02 PM
Whatsamattababy . . . your profile photo . . . I think we've met. You look awfully familiar. Just can't place you.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Being a hippie
Posted: 9/12/2016 4:35:42 PM
must be the one that got away ,,,Pirate I met a few rainbow girls when I lived up in Ukiah ,,that is a life
more like a nomade ,,,,I hope one day you find your home,,,,good homes are made ,,not found ;-)
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 78
Being a hippie
Posted: 9/12/2016 5:51:03 PM

when I lived in nor cal I drove a 70 vw camper and had ten more other vw's at home ,and my hair was long ,sometimes ,,but I did 100 mile day rides on a bicycle and I never smoked ,,plenty thought I was a
hippie ,,,in passing ,,,but what is a hippie ??? don't know ,,I don't like lables ,,,,,

Ahhh... Driving a VW does not make one a hippie. In my town there's a whole population of people who engage in the following curious combination of behaviours, and to whom I often refer to as "hippies" for ease of communication:

1) Complain about "The Man" making them pay taxes but use public roads, public schools, income assistance, etc.
2) Talk about "plastic people" who have money and change the subject just long enough to ask you if they can bum a smoke.
3) Don't immunize their children because, as everyone knows, the government puts microchips in the immunizations to be able to track people.
4) Don't bathe their children so that the children can build up immunities to germs.
5) Use untested natural remedies in lieu of the medical system. "Natural" meaning "good", of course. (Cocaine is pretty freaking natural, but I don't think they've thought that far.)
6) Declare that anyone they encounter who they happen to dislike is a lizard alien working as a spy for the illuminati.
7) Declare that anything they don't like is part of a carefully designed conspiracy to keep them down. Even traffic lights. Yes, you heard me.
8) Believe in astrology.
 Heffelump
Msg: 79
Being a hippie
Posted: 9/12/2016 7:13:50 PM
Well, to be fair, some people's profile pictures change so much that I'm starting to believe there are shape shifting lizard people among us.

And the Man is certainly keeping me down.
 Maleman999
Msg: 80
Being a hippie
Posted: 9/12/2016 8:10:05 PM

7) Declare that anything they don't like is part of a carefully designed conspiracy to keep them down. Even traffic lights. Yes, you heard me.

Are you implying it's not? (lol) Then why do I swear so much when I go down a main road that has a zillion stop lights. and it's timed so that every light I approach turns yellow just before I get to the intersection? It's the Man doing it to me, I tell ya.

People should be able to drive through red lights, and if pulled over, use the reason why it's OK is that they are doing their part to save the planet by not leaving a running engine sitting around idling at a red light, while it emits toxic chemicals into the atmosphere that's destroying the ozone layer and creating greenhouse gases. The sooner someone gets to their destination by not stopping at red lights, the less driving they do and therefore the less pollutants from vehicles go into the air.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 81
Being a hippie
Posted: 9/12/2016 9:44:24 PM
All I know is if you control the hippies, you can control the world.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
Msg: 82
Being a hippie
Posted: 9/13/2016 9:06:36 AM
Alot to say about being a Hippy and focusing on the spiritual aspects of life as opposed to the materialistic. But for the most part, materialism has won out. The woodstock generation is no more. Its actually kind of sad to me.
 hearton64
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Being a hippie
Posted: 9/21/2016 6:28:29 AM
Yeah all that Led Zeppelin,free love and acid taking is really a loss!

There are still people who live Simply ,
enjoy weed,plant their own organic gardens,
recycle, love nature, support instead of destroy
the environment,respect nature,eat granola don't shave
Don't wear makeup,Walk barefoot,and get nude whenever possible
wear tie dye,buy second hand everything, makes art,grows my hair long
Votes democrat and love others freely

I for one am what I consider a modern day hippy.

And my stock/bond portfolio in the millions doesn't
Make me nearly as happy as a rainbow or a wave or
a butterfly fluttering by!

Peace and love! ??

Make love...not war!

razors_edge55
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Being a hippie
Posted: 9/26/2016 12:34:00 PM
yes driving a vw does not make a hippie ,,,but to some folks ,,it does ,,,,took a few post to get that in ,,he he
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Being a hippie