Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 26
Man I've not yet met has told me he loves me! Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

RUN. RUN FAST AND FAR. You've just met one of the many online dating freaks

WOW! VolcanoKing, we agree again 100 per cent!!! Impressive :)

OP: Personally, I think it's wayyyyyy tooo creepy for some guy who says I love you, without having met you or talking on the phone. Even if you were talking on the phone, that's creepy. The whole thing just creeps me out....I don't think it's a good idea to even meet this guy. There are plenty of guys out there that don't have the creep factor. Good luck :)
 wooweewoo13
Msg: 27
Man I've not yet met has told me he loves me!
Posted: 4/15/2014 3:42:49 AM
LOL...meet him in a crowded place and dont be soooo nieve.....tons of fish in the pond....takes time....good luck!
 John255317
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/15/2014 7:13:20 AM
OP, don't even meet him. You have all the info you need. Consider it a great thing that you know now instead of later on how this guy acts. RUN!!
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2014 5:29:07 PM
Follow your gut feelings, always.

I agree with most of the posts that say run or precede with caution and safety (to your full identity, location, etc).

Having said that, I'd like to propose a thought that there is a small chance those are just words he uses, slang. My daughter throws around "I love you" and "I hate you" in normal everyday conversation. So do her friends. It's the "thing" right now (teenager) in our area.

Example: "I told John you like him" ----> Omg I HATE you, said with a smile.
"I got a new pair of (brand name) boots" ----> I hate you, said flatly.
"So and so said this, so I said this" -----> laugh, then I love you.
Runs into a friend working the McDonalds drive through (with friends in the car) ---> a chorus of "Bye John.... I love you!"

MAYBE he was saying it in what he thought was a smooth, appreciative, pick up kinda way "I love you, I'm gonna treat you right"

If you had answered "How can you love me? You don't know me" and heard his response you would know if it was just a saying (he would say, it's just a saying) or if there was serious trouble on the way.
 woxof63
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/15/2014 7:06:13 PM
Weirdo....
I Love You is reserved for when one really means it.
Run! Fast!
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2014 9:07:40 PM
I think the dude lives in Russia or Nigeria, hope his mom pulls thru.
 mattfoley777
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/17/2014 1:19:34 AM
I would suggest meeting him but in a public place and you drive there yourself.

Hey, I fell in love with a girl I met on POF before we met and it turned into a 2 year relationship. Sometimes things just click but it's always good to proceed with caution as others have said.
 SoupSandwich73
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2014 1:30:50 AM
I suggest scheduling an appointment with an immigration lawyer so that you have a set plan in place to get him a Visa ASAP. Those things can take time, so it's always best to get your ducks in a row right out of the gate. I'd also check out a baby name book from the library and start looking through it. Keep a legal pad and pen near you so you can jot down the names you like and run them by the Kenyan when he's able to score some internet money from you and can log on at the café or at home when his wife is away at the market shopping for some mandazis. Have you thought about getting married following his cultural traditions? Kenyan weddings are normally held on Saturdays and gifts to in-laws are customary, so you're going to have to get in good with his mom and dad in order to find out what kind of loot they want. I understand planning a wedding can be hectic, time consuming and you might not have time to do the necessary research so a couple of healthy young goats and some shiny glass beads would suffice.
 whereismysoulmate2014
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/17/2014 2:45:50 AM

Been speaking to him for a few days now a hell of a lot.. We appear to get on like a house on fire, although not chatted to him on phone or even met him.

He said I love you and I'm going to treat you right! I plan to meet him on Thursday weirdo or should I give him a go?

I got an email on April 9 and will talking on the phone tomorrow.

I know i will like her based on her profile.. and we would be great friends.

Love that grows out of friendship is the kind that could last a life time.

I meed my late fiance Pat at a POF event ...

We became best friends and we both had that special kind of chemistry that people dream they have.

Past proposed to me withing a year and we were living together when Pat passed away on December 18, 2010.

My mother passed away on January 27, 2011....

I had a crappy winter .
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2014 6:22:34 AM
Man, that is harsh. Stuff like that ruins the holidays forever.

So how's it going OP? Did you continue talking with him or is that done with?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/17/2014 12:53:22 PM

He said I love you and I'm going to treat you right!

He sounds like a wonderful catch.

I suggest ring shopping for the first date.
 JoggerGirl02
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/17/2014 10:46:10 PM
Awww..thats so sweet.

Now run...take your shoes off if it allows you to run faster.....keep running.
That's probably exactly what he said to his last "fish" too....before he cut her up and buried her in his backyard.
Serously though...are alarm bells not ringing for you???
 Pesquero2
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/22/2014 7:40:01 PM
You need to run I agree...this is not right. No one should be saying they love yo before you meet them. And alwasy Be aware there are many freaks out there..acting "nice" to sucker in that vulnerable woman..

Be careful
 raggedyanna
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/22/2014 8:19:59 PM
This reminds me of the ex-husband of a friend of mine. He "met" a woman from somewhere in Africa on a dating site. Maybe even this one. Two weeks later they were madly in love, had found their soulmate. $30,000 later he still hadn't met his love, but he believed she was coming. He bought a $16,000 engagement ring, and was ready to propose to her when she got off the plane.

She didn't arrive and disappeared off the face of the earth. Along with his $30,000. Good thing he hadn't mailed her the ring.

I hope this isn't anywhere near what is happening to you, OP. Any updates yet?

He said I love you and I'm going to treat you right! I plan to meet him on Thursday weirdo or should I give him a go?

Thursday has come and gone.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2014 4:28:20 PM
I'm coming in late, but adding my 2 cents...this is definitely RED FLAG. Along with everything said before, you also need to get on the websites regarding the spotting of potential abusers. They act like this, suck you in, and you're trying to figure out a way to get out...safely. So if you didn't meet him, good for you. Always listen to your gut... it was telling you right that this was just too wierd and creepy.
 Sonic98
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2014 10:34:07 AM

Anybody that falls in love that quickly, can fall in love that quickly again.

I could not agree more. I never could understand women who are so impressed by getting the things they want from a man so quickly or that you barely know. IF he supposedly loves you so fast, he can stop loving you so fast. If he's showering you with gifts and he barely knows you, he can easily do the same to someone else.
 gorgeouslady1971
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2014 6:02:21 PM
hi there i had someone do this to me on plenty of fish we chatted for a few weeks and i never met him and then all of a sudden started sending me obsessive declarations of love..my advice is to be very wary and careful of any guy who does this without even meeting you first..it sounds a bit psycho to me...and wierd to say you love someone without even meeting them.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/2/2017 11:30:40 AM

I think your first meet should include picking out engagement rings.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/2/2017 1:58:39 PM
I love you fullmoonguy :)
I think that's a great first meet, looking at rocks followed by arguing what to name the first born
 honest1088
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2017 8:35:16 PM
Careful girl! The guy I was talking to said the exact same thing to me.........but would only text because he said talking on the phone wears down his battery. He said everything right....wanted so badly to fall in love and havelationship. Turns out he has a gf and when I found that out I called it quits. He's still on the website! (there is a special place in hell for people like that) He told me his name so I looked him up on fb, I wanted to see what he looked like, hoping he would have more pics if he was on fb......thats how I found out......just glad I didn't find out too late. I really hope your guy turns out great.......this POF thing really sucks.
 LittleDreamGirl
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2017 9:51:22 PM
RED FLAG ALERT! RED FLAG ALERT! If you are very curious about this guy, no harm in going on a date with him, BUT I would not have much confidence that this could turn into a serious relationship. Proceed with caution. Him saying he loves you without even so much as having talked on the phone is cray-cray. He obviously doesn't love you so it is one of three possibilities: A) He is an immature, delusional, pathological romantic who BELIEVES he can fall in love with someone from their photo and messages. So he BELIEVES he loves you because he has romanticized and idealized you from whatever communication you've had to this point. So he is being honest but he is very immature and half nuts. B) He knows he doesn't love you in the meaningful, deep sense of the word, but throws the word "love" around very lightly. What he really means is that he is infatuated with your online version of yourself. So again, he is kind of being honest but uses exaggerated language to express how he feels. Immature and in need of a dictionary. C) He KNOWS he doesn't love you and is purposefully being deceptive in order to manipulate you in the misguided belief that women fall for that kind of crap. This means he is a liar and most likely a player. Certainly not capable of an honest, lasting relationship. This is the worst case scenario. If you really, truly have enjoyed chatting with him so far AND find him attractive from his photos meet him to get a better sense of what he's really like. Then you can determine if it is a case of A, B, or C. If it is C, run for the hills.

Two years ago I had a very intense long distance relationship with a man I met through an online gaming site. He found me instantly attractive and pursued me (from a distance) vigourously. He messaged me every day multiple times, and after a few days he was phoning me for long chats all the way from Australia. After that we began video Skyping every day, sometimes for hours at a time. It was just like chatting with someone who is in the same room as you. In LESS THAN 2 WEEKS he was telling me he loved me and wanted to marry me - that I was his dream woman. It was a big red flag for me BUT I figured he was maybe just a bit immature, overly idealistically romantic, and that this was just his way of expressing he was crazy about me. We made concrete plans for him to come visit me here in Canada. He even started talking about wanting to move here if things worked out and even began looking for jobs here! Long story short we had a very intense 5 month long distance relationship which involved multiple daily messages and video Skyping, lots of deep conversations and some pretty intense cyber sex thrown in as well. Well guess what? Surprise, surprise, as the time approached for him to come visit, he gradually but surely started cooling off. He had idealized me for weeks and eventually when he discovered I was actually human instead of some goddess that would fulfill his every desire, his intense "love" for me quickly dissolved. The end result? He bailed on coming to visit and did the "slow fade." We "broke up." Months later when we spoke post-breakup he admitted he ended up not being able to afford to make the trip all the way from Australia and was too embarrassed at the time to admit it. So he ghosted. Some "love" eh? And I was the "woman of his dreams" who he claimed he wanted to marry? Pffft....please. These guys will lovebomb you in the beginning to hook you but are hopeless at sustaining a TRULY loving relationship. Go on a date with him, but if you smell a rat, DO NOT PROCEED! I learned the hard way and would never trust a man who lovebombs me ever again.
 Cynderella
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2017 9:59:15 PM
5 mins into a second date, the guy told me he was in love with me.
2 mins later I was running for the hills.

Good Luck!!!!!
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2017 12:07:32 PM
This is so old, he's probably said the same thing to 30 other women since then.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/10/2017 8:40:01 AM
A man that commits.

Sounds like a keeper!
 PinkyAndTheBrain83
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2017 6:43:22 AM
Run while you can. Thats just creepy.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >