Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Looking for objective profile review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 firefly416
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Looking for objective profile reviewPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I like the one with the dog and horse and those of you alone. But I don't like the ones with other people.
 Sweetmalarky
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Looking for objective profile review
Posted: 4/29/2014 10:43:32 AM
Hi. Thanks for the feedback. Just curious- is it my pictures specifically (w/people) or pics w/ other people in general, that you don't like? Wanted to show that, yes, I do get out and have fun w/friends! But really do appreciate the feedback!
 ohenryx
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2014 11:41:14 AM
As a man who is (almost) within your age range, I can say that I like your profile, and if you were closer I would be interested in messaging you (which is, of course, the only reason for having a profile).

The only thing I would change, and this is a pet peeve of mine, so feel free to ignore it – remove the “must have pictures” requirement. The way this stupid site works is that when a man sends you an initial message, and you have that requirement, ALL of his pictures are attached to the message. Which is incredibly stupid, and completely unnecessary.

As to your pictures, I see nothing wrong there. There is, of course, always room for improvement, and if you’re not getting the results you want, then strive for that improvement. Do you ever wear a dress with high heels? Show us! Have you ever dressed up in something sexy for Halloween? Show us!
 9Pluto
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2014 11:41:31 AM
Hmmmm. I see you're in the legal arena. When it comes to pictures, Thumsy's can be your Perry Mason; He and the team are happy on a 2¢ retainer ;-) ....

"I'm willing to take risks and am ready for new adventures. Are you game?"
"I admit, my knees aren't what they used to be"

No, I'm not game, I'm the hunter. Don't admit you're lagging behind the pack; it may be the wrong pack. You're definitely presenting yourself as outdoorsy elsewhere. Sipping a hot buttered rum in the lodge with you is *not* a consolation, it's an event.

"Both options give a person something to DO and focus on, other than 1st date nervousness. You can learn a lot about a person at the zoo from the way they react to the animals... Which are the favorite & least favorite, and why. Is there a story behind the preferences? Any childhood experiences at the zoo? Not to mention, being at the zoo is FUN, childlike and creates an opportunity to let down your guard a bit. Now, let's just hope the tigers are awake when we go :-)"

Just when I was really getting in to this sweet malarkey, you had to pour a bucket of ice water down there. (In the Date Section). Great imagery continues but it snapped me out of the “catch her while you can” mood to, my cross 2nd grade schoolmarm. IMO You are franticly squeezing me like a sponge to get some satisfaction. Now I remember you listen to NPR. It was good while it lasted in the science broadcasts, but now you're in different territory. There’s a lot of preaching morality on the radio, in all persuasions. Leave that on the radio, it spoils the mood.

Now I'm at the dorky bowling date. It’s great. You use caps to flirt and be playful. I’d rather go to the zoo, but you’re definitely going bowling.

You're profile is very attractive. It's up to you when you want to let it ride a while and tweak by the seat of your pants. Good luck.
 Sweetmalarky
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2014 2:33:45 PM
Hi Pluto
Thanks for the helpful review.

I have a couple of questions and please forgive me if they're dumb...

1. Who is Thumsy and what are you saying about my pictures? :-)
2. Ice water? Yikes. Ice water because it's too much (i.e. trying to hard?)

Really appreicate the feedback! Good luck to you as well.
 Sweetmalarky
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2014 2:39:54 PM
Ouch! Point definitely taken.

A question for you Greenthumbz- what are your thoughts on "fixing" photos? I'm not talking so much that you look 20 years younger (though in this case, sounds like that's what I need to do :-) ), but just to make a picture a slightly better version of the original. Would you consider that dishonest or working with what you've got?

Thanks.
 9Pluto
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2014 3:43:26 PM
Thanks sweet,

1) I wrote 'Thumbsy' with the intention of proofing how he spelled it, it was an oversight that I forgot. When making a quick reply we can only see a single post as we reply. He recommended my current main and had a lot to say about composition, and, results; it was bold and out of left field. You seemed to be stuck in the details of the pictures more than their overall impact exactly as I was. So I invoked some old adage I can't find anywhere now, to the effect that when representing oneself, the first thing a good lawyer does is get someone else for the job. Whoever that is ... that's all I had for you. I'm almost positive you got it after seeing your follow-up post, but I just wanted to reply since I was formally asked.

2) As far as the ice water, I love animals, even more in the wild. But when you said you would be observing my interactions with the animals and even further detailed it, that you would use my actions as a surrogate for how I might treat you, I got all anxious. The trip to the zoo sounded like it would put me under a microscope, with me being the rat in a Skinner box. Forget we do this unconsciously all the time; I was just thinking of holding your hand and looking at the animals :-( But hey, it's a good profile so I'd quietly just take notes on poise, expression, seated posture, & how aggressively you were lashing out at the bowling pins LOL

Being detail oriented is a great thing btw, Thanks for the courteous messages & cheers
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Looking for objective profile review