Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Need Some Feedback on the Bait      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bell30655
Msg: 40
Need Some Feedback on the BaitPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
It is a small world. I was born at St. Thomas Hospital in Akron! Most of my childhood was in Cuyahoga Falls and the Ravenna area. I practically lived in Geauga Lake Water Park most summers. On Disney World, I'll be honest it isn't the rides. It's the magic.
 9Pluto
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Need Some Feedback on the Bait
Posted: 6/5/2014 4:18:38 PM

Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas.” Score bonus points with this guy if you know where that quote is from.

It is a small world. I was

It's a small world--after all. :D

Muy pequeño el mundo es...

Alex, I believe we have a winner ... and the Final Jeopardy Bonus Round goes to .... Red Rock Jen !!!
 Bell30655
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/6/2014 5:33:41 PM
This week has been an enlightening week for me. Between looking at profiles of the masters, constructive criticism from the masters and some offline input, I've went through a bit of a rewrite. Of course, it is still a work in progress and will likely remain so but it is starting to feel more me.

What do you all think?
 dichoTommy
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2014 6:07:56 PM
Still think you could increase the number of to-be-shared interests in the interests section, and the about me consisting of part recipe, part story, but no description of "her" gives me pause.

BUT this is a perfect run-for-a-week-to-test profile. See who responds and if you've qualified enough, and if not? Have a change ready for next week.
 Bell30655
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/7/2014 5:19:21 AM
What is the target number of shared interests that you would suggest? A description of her, now that is a tough one. I wouldn't want to eliminate anyone because she didn't fit that description.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2014 7:29:31 AM
^^^^^^ I doubt he is suggesting that you say you want a slim, blond that loves to run 5 miles a day can quote Shakespeare and loves going to the Louvre.

What you seek in another should be kept to a minimum, but what you are looking for in a person as far as generality in character/interests in a sentence usually helps.

Anyhoo........

Well, Hell Bell.
It's just out right one of the most " OMG, zzzzzzzzz" profiles I have read in a while.

This is what you have been working on and improving? Ouch!

Stick to the facts.
Get better pictures and dress to flatter a BBW.
No pastels.
Main pic should be a close up of the face.
No other people should be in your pics.

The bottom line is you have an uphill battle being male, big and over 45.
Start over( my opinion of course).

Stories and recipes? Just what the flip are you thinking?
If we want to read stories, we can read Pearl Buck and at least it will be interesting, nor do many care how you cook yard birds.

You could be the most fascinating man in the world, absolutely passionate and fun, but this profile will not reflect that at all.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Need Some Feedback on the Bait