Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How long to give POF before calling quits?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 petula1908
Msg: 92
I'll get off when someone gets me off :)Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Oystermouth

Some younger women may get a lot of messages daily in a highly populated area but that would soon taper off.

It is a bit of a myth I think that women are swamped all the time with messages. I feel that like some men, a lot of females are here just to swim by and see who bites. Men have an idea of a perfect woman too of course with little to offer in return very often. So many try to bat out of their league and of course get nowhere.

I just love the forums here, they are informative, humourous and often insightful.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 93
I'll get off when someone gets me off :)
Posted: 10/12/2014 6:50:47 PM
I guess those like myself that are mainly just here for the forums...profile is hidden...have technically given up on POF, but I haven't given up on my search, I just do my searching on Match and IRL
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/12/2014 7:09:09 PM
Men have an idea of a perfect woman too of course with little to offer in return very often. So many try to bat out of their league and of course get nowhere.

So, who do these "major league" women ever get with from online, then? And if none, why are they here instead of getting with the "major league" guys OFFLINE, if that's where the "major league" guys are?

I just love the forums here, they are informative, humourous and often insightful.

They DO go a long way to illustrating why dating relationships are so difficult both online AND in real life.
The thought processes are positively mind-boggling.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
The "reviewing" is "enlightening"?
Like when someone is told they aren't getting any replies because they forgot to capitalize one of their "i"s and the lighting is a little too dark on that photo of them at the restaurant?
Not quite the word that comes to MY mind.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 ladymercury
Msg: 95
How long to give POF before calling quits?
Posted: 10/12/2014 7:09:44 PM
Sometimes the dating aspect is redundant when the site is used as a social tool. For sure I visit the site on a daily basis to read stuff in the forums; to some degree it's like reading the newspaper, catching up on social blogs, visiting Facebook, etc. We're already consumed by the digital age and so it just forms part of a daily routine.

I also enjoy reading all the dating advice and reviewing stuff in the other forums. Enlightening stuff in many instances.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 96
Posted: 10/14/2014 2:08:57 PM
ladymercury- What she said^^^
 Kanova
Msg: 97
Posted: 10/14/2014 6:10:57 PM
I've been on here for 3 years, all with a rather decent profile/pictures. I have only had one meet up, and all except that person has dropped communication after 2-3 messages back and forth. I guess I will always be on here until I find someone somewhere >.>
 wooweewoo13
Msg: 98
Posted: 10/21/2014 5:29:40 AM
LOL!...Ive been on here for a while and met few.....VERY few....like the forums because those who are on here are what i call career daters....and i might ad arent any spring chickens either....forums are funny and most who post have no life also....just because of what they talk about....lol...its your call because when you least expect it your dream boat might come in!....good luck!
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/22/2014 8:37:16 AM
I'd give up on it on day 1.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/24/2014 4:09:56 AM
LOL!...Ive been on here for a while and met few.....VERY few....like the forums because those who are on here are what i call career daters....

Really? How do you figure that? The regulars who post here in the relationship forums are, from what I've seen, partnered or aren't here for dating (and most often than not, not looking, either).

and i might ad arent any spring chickens either....

You're not exactly a spring chicken, either.

forums are funny

Yes, they can be quite amusing. Otoh, I've read some truly meaningful, thoughtful, insightful postsworth pondering and respecting. And yes, they do exist.

[Quote] and most who post have no life also....

You're quite a prolific poster, given your posting history.

just because of what they talk about....lol...

Should I assume the same, whilst reading the content of your posting history and the context in which it was written? I suppose I would, but I cant. What makes you think somebody with concerns and questions "have no life"? Over-generalize much?

its your call because when you least expect it your dream boat might come in!....good

That's nonsense. Relationships are earned -- they don't sail in or fall out of the sky.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 101
Posted: 10/24/2014 4:30:27 AM

They DO go a long way to illustrating why dating relationships are so
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
The "reviewing" is "enlightening"?
Like when someone is told they aren't getting any replies because they forgot to capitalize one of their "i"s and the lighting is a little too dark on that photo of them at the restaurant?
Not quite the word that comes to MY mind.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Yes, they can be, from a certain point of view, of course. When I think of terms like 'enlightening' and 'illuminating' I think of genius, 'light bulb moments," and profoundly life-altering. Of course, reviewing is more than a matter of calling out somebody's lack of diction; it has to with reframing a person's mindset in a way that suits the reviewee. It one is open to it, they accept the criticism and change the course of their thinking for everything else that they do. Others just don't give a shit and argue with the people from whom they solicited the criticism, in the first place.

I've learned a thing or two about myself, whilst reviewing, which has been an 'illuminating' experience, again, from a certain point of view.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 102
Posted: 10/24/2014 12:20:19 PM

.forums are funny and most who post have no life also....

Dude I disagree with this statement. Many forumnites do have a life, they have relationships, they have partners. There are those as well that are not dating and then there are those that yes, have no life. But it's not all of them.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/24/2014 12:50:36 PM

LOL!...Ive been on here for a while and met few.....VERY few....like the forums because those who are on here are what i call career daters....and i might ad arent any spring chickens either....forums are funny and most who post have no life also....just because of what they talk about....lol...its your call because when you least expect it your dream boat might come in!....good luck!

Just because someone is here, doesn't make them a "career dater". Some just come here because the forums
are funny and sometimes the irony and hypocrisy is something legends are made of.
 phule
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2014 3:44:35 PM

most who post have no life also....

From what I've learned about people so far in my time on the planet, when someone says that phrase, what they really mean is that if someone lives their life in a manner that the speaker is incapable of appreciating, they conclude that the individual being commented about has no life. Furthermore, those *types* of people tend to be manipulators, and when they accuse someone of having no life, they are attempting to challenge them into defending their particular lifestyle. This is typically done in public, so that the manipulator can assume a position of dominance in front of others.

... just putting that out there.
 sigungq
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2014 6:05:40 PM
OP, I gave it 3 years, and about three re-spins of my profile. Now, I just come for the forums. Haven't a clue why women avoid me like ebola, but whatever the reason, I realize that some of us are just meant to be without a mate. Either way, good luck.
 RainTree46
Msg: 106
Posted: 10/28/2014 8:11:31 PM
ive been online for a few years.
theres too many people who lie, and too many that are looking for just sex :(

im not sure what "career daters" means to people. im not even sure what people think is a normal amount of "dating"
 dardikadrake
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/29/2014 5:27:28 PM
Use this place like you would the super market, the night club or any other place you meet people. It is one venue, not the only venue to enjoy a moment or two with a few people or more or less. Whatever floats your boat.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How long to give POF before calling quits?