Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Are we indoctrinating or teaching our kids critical thinking skills?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dan198508
Msg: 23
Are we indoctrinating or teaching our kids critical thinking skills?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

I teach that your self-respect should depend on an observer's measure of your worth.

Parents and teachers have paid dearly for creating this construct in a child's mind. Children were insulted, bullied by their class mates, rejected. So they lost self-respect, brought a semi-automatic gun and shot up their school. They would have never pulled the trigger if they weren't taught this line.

So parents had to burry their kids in small brown coffins and many teachers died too. So teachers/parents paid in blood and loss of life for teaching that. And they will continue to pay in blood and loss of life, for as long as the system teaches that.

You cannot go around this. If you ban guns, they will just find another way. I guarantee it, because there is always another way. The human mind is very creative, and once it is hurt, it will think of something you and I can't think of.

And then there will be more news on CNN. But why? Why condition the mind to become agressive? Why not teach beautiful things? Why not value life? When that line dissapears, bullies would dissapear as well because it cannot ever work on someone if that someone is not taught that line.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Are we indoctrinating or teaching our kids critical thinking skills?