Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 66
my boyfriend is cheating on me...should I end it?Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

Various posters are consistently discounting he is a handsome bad boy.

Alas. I've seen this very often. Being a cyclist, you get to be good friends with some of these guys. Some are openly players and sleep with a lot of women. Others, are less conspicuous and are more secretive about their liaisons. But one thing is very constant. There are a ton of women that claim that they will be the ones that tame these guys. So they do a lot of stupid things, such as getting pregnant, or doing whatever the these guys want them to do.
Some even borrowing a woman's car, with her complete knowledge, to go out on a date with another woman, well knowing that he was going to fvck her, and more than likely she would want some time for her as well.

Bad boys can change. But only if they want to.
 easterparadehat
Msg: 67
my boyfriend is cheating on me...should I end it?
Posted: 7/4/2014 8:12:01 AM
Why should you respect this thing? Just text message it that it is over because of its cheating and lying.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/4/2014 8:12:59 AM

Ending a relationship that you thought it was perfect is always very hurtful. You are going to be in pain, no matter what.

OP: ^^^^Obviously, this will be painful. And, I think it's okay to FEEL this pain. You should. However, if you are willing to work on your self esteem/insecurities to become someone you are proud of, this experience may have just been worth it. I seriously hope you let this man go because he is using you. Period. Looks, money, etc......who gives a flying fvck......get rid of him because at some point he will get rid of you.

There are lots of decent men out there but you will not find one until you figure out your issues first. Period.
Good luck!

And don't doubt the information you obtained regarding his cheating, you know the signs, you have done it yourself. End the Fourth of July with a bang, and let this guy go for good!
 razors_edge55
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2014 8:23:26 AM
OP, by holding on to a bad one you may just miss your chance to meet a good one , and NO not all men cheat ;@
 april1963
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/4/2014 10:13:03 AM

she has ended it with him, since she has found out that I exist now

^^This means that he did not want to leave you to be only with her.

I am arguing against it all is because I'm realising that ending it is something I'm going to have to do (I'm actually seeing him tonight and will most likely do it then). I'm sad and scared

Okay..You MUST talk to him, but DO NOT finish the relationship yet! Give him ONE more opportunity,(only ONE more).

He made a mistake but you are not his wife yet,that is why i think that you should give him one more chance.

I wish you good luck.

April.
 cwisme
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2014 10:25:25 AM
...and I'm sure his denial went something like this-"who you gonna believe, me, or your lyin' eyes?"...
 basilisk123
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2014 10:51:00 AM
"Okay..You MUST talk to him, but DO NOT finish the relationship yet! Give him ONE more opportunity,(only ONE more).

He made a mistake but you are not his wife yet,that is why i think that you should give him one more chance.

I wish you good luck."

I lol'ed. I've seen this type of situation before. He will be a good little boy for a week, or a month, then he will do it again because he did not learn his lesson. He got a slap on the wrist, and he is playing this girl like a fiddle. He WILL CHEAT again, they almost always do. But the blame is not all on him though. This lady is half the problem with her low self esteem, and her need to have someone. She can not get a decent man until she fixes those aspects of herself. Letting him have another chance won't change a thing.
 forums1
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/4/2014 11:56:32 AM

I lol'ed. I've seen this type of situation before. He will be a good little boy for a week, or a month, then he will do it again because he did not learn his lesson. He got a slap on the wrist, and he is playing this girl like a fiddle. He WILL CHEAT again, they almost always do. But the blame is not all on him though. This lady is half the problem with her low self esteem, and her need to have someone. She can not get a decent man until she fixes those aspects of herself. Letting him have another chance won't change a thing.

Exactly. Letting them get away with it just lets them know they can do it again, and you'll probably give them yet another chance as long as they play to your "sympathies" ("her low self-esteem and need to have someone") and say how sorry you are.

... and after all, like that recent one in the news, just because he's locked up with $900,000 bail it's no reason you shouldn't go gaga for him and do "whatever it takes" to let/get him out of trouble.
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2014 12:14:00 PM
I think it SHOULD be obvious, of course you should stay with the guy. WTF?
 BI0ndE
Msg: 76
Posted: 7/4/2014 7:58:39 PM
yes, you should leave him.
 curlygrl
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2014 8:26:59 AM
Unattractive's don't cheat because their grateful
To have a girlfriend ........

You should stay together.
You can be suspicious the rest of this relationship
With your hot boyfriend and he can basically do
Anything to you including giving you a nice hot
Std from another chick that he's screwing because-
Hey wouldn't want to date those Unattractive's .

Jesus girl. Really. Just wow wee.

You have a lot to learn.

Have fun learning it.

When you are ready to get serious about your life
And the consequences of your actions and your
Oh so informative thoughts on who cheats and who
Possibly couldn't, please post again.
 John255317
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/5/2014 10:25:07 AM
OP, you say you are very insecure. You also say he is cheating on you. That sounds like you are not strong enough to know that you are in a toxic thing. And even if you do know, if you don't kick this guy to the curb, you have done nothing to better things.

And no, guys that you think are not attractive and stay with a woman and don't cheat on them because they can't get anything better, actually there are lots of guys that are with women that both are MATURE and know what they want. And they have much greater lives, doing things, intimacy is awesome etc etc. Attraction is the first thing but not the last.

Until you figure out you, there will probably be more of these times, being insecure is very unhealthy but it can be fixed, you just have to be around the right people, but even before you get to that point, you have to love yourself first. Sounds corny but no one else is going to make you something you are not to begin with and they won't be able to change you or should they even try.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2014 12:58:38 AM
You know,it's actually a bit refreshing to hear a attractive woman say what all women believe but would never admit to
it!Thanks !Now go get some help!
 Debisue64
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2014 9:38:10 AM
Maybe its time for OP to learn how to be independent.
ITS NOT HORRIBLE BEING ALONE....

I do it every day..

and i do believe that going over there tonight and telling him that you are ending it.. its just your way of hoping that he will BEG you to stay.. tell you its not what you think.. blah blah.. didnt mean anything.. blah blah..

I would text him.. he doesnt deserve your respect.
 phule
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2014 12:03:25 AM
I really think it all boils down to this, one little statement.

is it a big deal?

If you don't know if it is a big deal, it obviously isn't a big deal to you. If you have to consider responding to this with "well, that's why I'm asking... I just don't know if it is a big deal" then it is most definitely NOT a big deal to you. If it *WAS* a big deal to you, you'd know it and you would not have to ask. At all. If you feel like you'd prefer to spin this into "well, I was asking if it was a big deal in general" you still come across as it really isn't a big deal to you.

There's nothing wrong with that.

There are swingers who actively watch their partners with other people. There are couples in open relationships who know that they cannot (or do not want to) satisfy their partner's sexual appetites.... or that enjoy knowing their partner is with someone else (plenty of voyeurs out there). Is it a big deal to them if their partner has sex with someone else? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Some swingers can ONLY have sex with another partner when both halves of the relationship are present... so having sex with someone else on their own is bad, but having sex with someone else while they are together is no big deal.

All that said... it still comes back to that little phrase. If you have to ask if it's a big deal, it's not really a big deal to you. So, why let how everyone else feels about it tell you how YOU should feel about it? Why not figure out how you feel about it and work with that?
 easterparadehat
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/8/2014 9:37:11 AM
Ditto what Tickle stated, especially the fibbing part. Once a man lies over and over again it's hard to trust and respect him anymore.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2014 1:53:53 PM

Exactly. Letting them get away with it just lets them know they can do it again, and you'll probably give them yet another chance as long as they play to your "sympathies" ("her low self-esteem and need to have someone") and say how sorry you are.

... and after all, like that recent one in the news, just because he's locked up with $900,000 bail it's no reason you shouldn't go gaga for him and do "whatever it takes" to let/get him out of trouble.

Technically he cheated on two women at the same time, he's not an genuine person and he doesn't care about who he hurts as long as he gets his, just dump him and move on. If not he'll keep playing with her insecurities and using her.
 Hearton64
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/11/2014 6:03:38 AM

OP, you are absolutely right, that generally guys who are easy to get and very faithful will be less attractive on average.

So you're saying then that 'attractive men' tend to lack conscience and character,thereby creating false entitlement issues in them that make it easy for them to cheat?

Where do you fit in that continuum in your mind?

But from the looks of your case, your guy is probably out of your league, so you probably won't be able to keep him for long anyways. Try to find another.

First of all,you have no idea what this guy looks like.
Secondly,if anything she's out of HIS league being that he's a liar and a cheat.
Thirdly,she's about to dump HIM so he probably won't be "kept for long anyways".
 dark_eyed_rebel
Msg: 87
Posted: 7/11/2014 5:54:27 PM
Is this a trick question? Sorry, but any man that cheats is a loser and doesn't deserve the person that he's with. It burns me up to know that guys out here cheat when it's men like that have never and will not ever cheat that are still looking for a woman. You're beautiful and you're better than that to stay with someone like him. And your ex, he's full of crap too because I again have never cheated, wanted to cheat or thought about cheating on someone I was with. Karma's a b*tch and he'll find that out soon enough.
 easterparadehat
Msg: 88
Posted: 7/14/2014 8:28:41 AM
Dark - Oh how I wish Karma was a b*tch but as life goes on I have serious doubts.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/14/2014 9:03:49 AM
Op,Your question speaks for its self. ? You have to ask?
 sactownromantic
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/14/2014 11:19:50 AM
there is something so desperately unattractive about men who are too easily won though, isn't there?

Unfortunately the kind of guys who are die hard faithfuls also tend (in my experience) to be the less attractive ones. Perhaps they are so grateful to have a girlfriend that they don't want to risk it??

And these statements explain most women in a nutshell.

You keep falling for the same douchebags, have a few kids with them, they cheat on you and then you complain there aren't any "nice guys". Then when you finally grow up you expect the "nice guy" to take care of you and your kids.

If you are in an open relationship then you are both free to see whoever you want.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/14/2014 11:28:12 AM
Sometimes learning the hard way is the best way. In matters of the heart as well.
 TerrieLynnC70
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2014 12:02:29 PM
Clearly you had your suspicions or you would have never went through his phone............

CHEATING IS NOT normal.............guys and women both do it though(guys moreso) but you thinking
it is normal has me wondering about you.............
 Etritonakin
Msg: 95
Posted: 7/15/2014 1:35:45 AM
my boyfriend is chea.......

YEP! -they already ended it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >