Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Don't Drink Profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 140
Don't Drink ProfilesPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

I've never drunk a profile in my life.

I tried it once, but it left an unpleasant aftertaste.

The only options are “none,” “socially” and “often” on POF,

Yes.
Where is the "anti-socially" option?
 cooldog65
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Don't Drink Profiles
Posted: 4/14/2015 5:39:22 PM
I'm puzzled when people say they need to drink to have fun.

I'm silly enough without drinking. Just read some of my posts.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 142
Don't Drink Profiles
Posted: 4/15/2015 2:25:35 PM
I don't drink. Never have. Never felt the need to "take it up" just to fit in and or "relax". Same with smoking. Even those funny little "mind altering" cigarettes.

However I know most folks do one or the other and it appears many women are at least "a glass of wine with dinner" types. And/or after dinner. Sure it would be great to find a woman who doesn't drink or smoke but that would cut my chances dramatically and I already have enough quirks as it is.

As far as a recovering alcoholic? I'd have to pass unless we were otherwise an exceptional match.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Don't Drink Profiles
Posted: 4/15/2015 6:00:22 PM
Smoking and drinking often go together and some people have addictive personalities, some need alcohol to relax and have fun. I have never felt the need. If a guy does anything to excess, then he is not for me. So be it.

I
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 144
Don't Drink Profiles
Posted: 4/15/2015 7:30:41 PM
I don't smoke, former social drinker, quit drinking 19 years ago. Not an alcoholic in recovery either. Too many assumptions.
 gfe0787
Msg: 145
Don't Drink Profiles
Posted: 4/27/2015 1:04:46 PM
I don't think 'don't drink' profiles mean the person is an alcoholic. Personally, I have 'do not drink' on my profile & I'm not an alcoholic nor do I have anyone in my fam who is. I suppose it's just as simple as I'm not interested in that, so I don't consume it. I don't have an issue if the other person drinks at all bc that is normal. I suppose I am the abnormal one haha.
 sigungq
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Don't Drink Profiles
Posted: 4/29/2015 6:22:34 PM
Personally, I had a brother die from alcohol poisoning at the ripe old age of 24. He was an alcoholic. After my father died, my mother took up with one alcoholic after another. Usually they were abusive. After my mother dies when I was 11, I stayed away from alcohol and alcoholics. I still avoid them like the plague. As for drinking, I rarely drink. The above are my reasons.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Don't Drink Profiles