Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 29
single and over 30 do people still go for looksPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

BTW: there are men in their late 40's that are still in good shape.

And even a few in their late 50's.
 easterparadehat
Msg: 30
single and over 30 do people still go for looks
Posted: 7/24/2014 2:36:19 PM
I'd agree with karma - many many women keep up with their appearances. It's very rare that I find a guy without the 9 month pregnant looking belly, long gray hair and beard, huge wrinkes and leather looking face. If you find a handsome guy in his 50s go up to him and take a picture because that is as rare as the Hope diamond. When men hit the wall physically in their late 40s and beyond, they really do it well.
 Foodnmusicguy
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/24/2014 2:43:20 PM

I'd agree with karma - many many women keep up with their appearances. It's very rare that I find a guy without the 9 month pregnant looking belly, long gray hair and beard, huge wrinkes and leather looking face. If you find a handsome guy in his 50s go up to him and take a picture because that is as rare as the Hope diamond. When men hit the wall physically in their late 40s and beyond, they really do it well.

Hmmm, maybe I should move to Pittsburgh ?

Where I live MOST women just seem to give up once they hit 40. They cut their hair short and take up cake eating and couch sitting as a main hobby. Then they send me a msg on here not realizing that a guy who jogs regularly probably won't be interested in someone who looks like a sumo wrestler ?
 browneyesseeking
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/24/2014 7:40:05 PM
Just because someone is over 30 doesn't mean that we are desperate. Generally people ore attracted to others they find physically attractive. Having said that, what one person finds attractive, another might not. I have looked at men's profiles with my best friend, and she and I differ greatly on what we each find attractive.

Personality and compatibility are also extremely important. The OP is correct in that looks do fade, but they are what initially draw us to another person. Even if I find someone extremely attractive, their personality (or lack thereof) can easily be a deal-breaker.

Ultimately, my hope is to find someone that *I* find attractive, has a killer personality, and has a compatible lifestyle and goals.
 sactownromantic
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/24/2014 7:54:13 PM

Where I live MOST women just seem to give up once they hit 40. They cut their hair short and take up cake eating and couch sitting as a main hobby. Then they send me a msg on here not realizing that a guy who jogs regularly probably won't be interested in someone who looks like a sumo wrestler ?

Same here dude, I also get messages from separated women who don't have a car and live two hours away.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/25/2014 9:41:29 AM

-----

Yes, there are plenty of those, and even younger women in their 30s. However, most of these are married or in long-term relationships and have gotten comfortable, as in "I have my man, so now I don't have to keep myself in shape or worry about looking good anymore". Single women find out soon enough that no half-way desirable man is going to give them the time of day if they are not attractive, and taht's a great motivator to get back into shape. Dating is competitive, and I'm very aware that there are lots of other attractive women out there "competing" with me for the most desirable guys. Thankfully for me, I have a very specific taste in men, I"m not into the same type as most women I know. THere is plenty to go around for all of us.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2014 3:38:44 PM

Single women find out soon enough that no half-way desirable man is going to give them the time of day if they are not attractive, and taht's a great motivator to get back into shape. Dating is competitive, and I'm very aware that there are lots of other attractive women out there "competing" with me for the most desirable guys.

......so why wouldn't this same mentality apply to guys? Do you think us middle aged men expect to land hot women if we don't keep ourselves up?

THere is plenty to go around for all of us.

I absolutely agree with this. How badly you want your share will dictate how much effort you will spend on yourself, regardless of gender and age.

I have a very specific taste in men, I"m not into the same type as most women I know

I'm not fussy.....as long as they have big boobs and a nice juicy bum, I'm good to go......LOL!! Give me a middle aged, curvy North American woman and I'm happy!!! Thankfully lots of those around!!
 cooldog65
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2014 5:39:38 PM
^^^^^ That makes 3 different profiles. No coincidence that all 3 are exactly 5'7" tall, 49 years old and lives in Pittsburgh, PA. Easter disappears and Beatrice appears shortly thereafter.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/8/2014 5:47:49 PM
Gotta love when the ones insulting people on their looks don't even have a picture up at all.
And on topic, I think looks matter regardless of age
 sddude
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2014 2:22:46 PM
Of course looks always matters, that is why alot of guys complain that their messages here get deleted
and not read, pics get looked at, women gross out and delete messages , women complain that they only get 5 messages a day instead of 50 a day like hotties do or that guys disappear after sex one time.

If a women is 90 and has a hot face and body, go to my room and if she is 18 and looks like a Sumo wrestler with the face of quazimoto, no paper bag or full glad bag can hide what I do not like...I will not be attracted ... age does not matter, it is how one takes care of themselves and the genes you are given.

Guys pant for victoria secret models and women pant over guys like THOR or the guys on 300, they do not mention while panting, "it whats inside that counts". Looks count.

The physical is always a factor no matter what men and women say here, it's the inside what counts etc... it is always a big factor.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2014 9:45:41 PM
Looks will always be important to a good majority, a few might be more interested in the look of your checking account and some will just be happy with a nice smile and sincere honest personality
 Walts
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/4/2014 5:12:21 PM
With my past experience I have found that "looks" themselves are wayyyyyyyyyy down on my list of things I look for in a person. I've also found with my experience that those "look good" don't phuck as well as they should. Something to do with getting their hair messed up and their underwear dirty or sumttin like that.

Of course, this is my experiences only, and me being a guy, that drinks quite a bit of whiskey, I would take my opinion with a grain of salt, or whatever suits your fancy.
 forumsonly4321
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/4/2014 7:55:37 PM
"Where I live MOST women just seem to give up once they hit 40. They cut their hair short and take up cake eating and couch sitting as a main hobby. Then they send me a msg on here not realizing that a guy who jogs regularly probably won't be interested in someone who looks like a sumo wrestler ?"

To the above ^^^…don't forget the convenience of short hair might trump attracting a male if you're a regular jogger… (kidding)
Looks aren't forever anymore than other characteristics that keep a relationship flowing. So often you hear couples lamenting the fact that he/she doesn't treat them the same way as they did in the first couple of years. When the star dust settles what you have left often isn't the same as what you first created together unless both put the same effort in... look-wise and character-wise.
 Peter_Hungus
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2014 8:15:51 PM
In my area men and women over 35 go down hill...ugh. The short hair on a woman really has less to do with age then it does with needing a certain facial type to pull it off. Robin Wright Penn from House of Cards and that vampire chick from Twilight look smoking hot with the pixie cut. And Robin is in her mid-forties.... well bad example as they are both actresses. :(
 dinno76
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/15/2015 2:56:32 PM
In real life no. Online yes that is the only thing that matters.
 GattoMonstrosis
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2015 6:46:26 AM
It depends on what you mean by looks, if you mean everything still tight and pointing up then no, that doesn't matter to me, i have my own wobbly and dangly bits, if you mean someone who i think is attractive then yes, as shallow as it sounds i do look for someone i consider to be attractive rather than unattractive, i think the least anyone can expect from someone who wants to date them is that they actually turn that person on. There's nothing i think of as more of a kick in the nuts than "Oh well, at least (s)he has a nice personality." Give me a redhead with freckles, glasses and a bottom that doesn't quit and don't wait for me to come up for air no matter how old she is. :)
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/16/2015 3:15:59 PM
My prospective date should be attractive, well-groomed, well-mannered, and somewhat in shape -- maybe a fellow walker.

I'm not looking for an ultra fit man with a perfectly sculpted body (as I am clearly not)nor do I seek a 90 pound weakling with a beard permanently perched on his bike and sucking on water bottle, either.

I don't want to date somebody who is homely and wrinkly, with bad teeth who excessively eats, carrying around a beer barrel in his mid-section and all of those "dangling bits" should be operational. I'm tired of seeing the "I look much younger than my years and I'm fit as a fiddle" so when you meet them, they're actually tragically the opposite.
Posted: 5/16/2015 8:27:29 PM
single and over 30 do people still go for looks?

No, I don't. I want someone who is ugly. I'm turned off by a woman who looks good. Major red flag for me.
 usernonymous
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/19/2015 7:32:17 AM
If you doing online dating, the truth is that looks is 95% of what you have to go on. That's why I do much better in bars, then online dating.

You don't nuance or body language, you don't user your other senses when you actually approach a woman and attempt to engage in conversation. With online sites, you get a controlled series of photos (or should be controlled in my opinion), scripted text (or lack of it) and some basic profile information.

No one wonder people go by looks, it's all they seem to have to go by.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/19/2015 11:43:19 AM
I don't think most people's looks start fading by the time they turn 30- sheesh. That's still pretty young. Most people's bodies start aging by the time they turn 40.
 Dare to
Msg: 51
Posted: 5/23/2015 2:32:23 AM
Why on earth do you think that being attracted to your mate would change when you reach 30? It has never been all about looks for me, but I must still be attracted to my mate... Then AFTER that comes whether we are compatible in all the other areas... I don't want to have sex with a person I find unattractive... I have looked after myself and prefer a mate that has also looked after himself... But NO amount of good looks will keep me with a inconsiderate, rude, selfish ass hole...

So yes... Looks do still matter... But they are not the only thing that matters...
 MostlyBusy
Msg: 52
Posted: 5/28/2015 5:59:20 PM
"If you want unconditional love seek your family or a domestic pet." LMFAO!!!!!! So funny and soooooo true. No matter how much we would like them to be, our lovers / spouses / friends will NEVER be family.
 witty_gwailo
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2015 9:44:26 AM
I know as I've gotten older I care less about looks than I used to...or rather, I care more about other things than I did when I was younger. Of course there still has to be a physical attraction, but depending on what gets said and how she is as a person/how her mind works, someone who is a 6 or 7 can become a 10, or someone who is a 9 or 10 can become a 2. I also like to try new things when I am out, so the younger generation that seems to revolve around food and nothing else (besides taking pictures of said food) doesn't really work for me.

That said, most of the girls I've gone out with have been younger, and all of them seemed to still be completely wrapped up in what others thought of them, and on looks, hence why things never really did go anywhere a lot of the time. My hope is girls in their 30s have their head on a bit more straight, but I haven't dated any in their 30s yet.
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/2/2015 8:37:59 AM
My opinion is looks never stop mattering. As I get older and look around me at the guys and gals my age who are getting up in years, it strikes me that they are simply not all that attractive . . which is a big reason why I think both sexes give up on relationships and love when single and older. They have no interest in being involved with a person of their own age because the attraction is not there, but they have no realistic possibility of being involved with a more attractive person of a younger age. So people tend to accept their fate and exit the dating scene. Except on POF of course where delusions still abound.
 nopefish
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/2/2015 7:07:19 PM
yup they will go for the good looking jobless loser whos iq is lower than they shoe size any day the week over a normal guy with a job and would really care bout them
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >