Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 usernonymous
Msg: 49
single and over 30 do people still go for looksPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
If you doing online dating, the truth is that looks is 95% of what you have to go on. That's why I do much better in bars, then online dating.

You don't nuance or body language, you don't user your other senses when you actually approach a woman and attempt to engage in conversation. With online sites, you get a controlled series of photos (or should be controlled in my opinion), scripted text (or lack of it) and some basic profile information.

No one wonder people go by looks, it's all they seem to have to go by.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 50
single and over 30 do people still go for looks
Posted: 5/19/2015 11:43:19 AM
I don't think most people's looks start fading by the time they turn 30- sheesh. That's still pretty young. Most people's bodies start aging by the time they turn 40.
 Dare to
Msg: 51
Posted: 5/23/2015 2:32:23 AM
Why on earth do you think that being attracted to your mate would change when you reach 30? It has never been all about looks for me, but I must still be attracted to my mate... Then AFTER that comes whether we are compatible in all the other areas... I don't want to have sex with a person I find unattractive... I have looked after myself and prefer a mate that has also looked after himself... But NO amount of good looks will keep me with a inconsiderate, rude, selfish ass hole...

So yes... Looks do still matter... But they are not the only thing that matters...
 MostlyBusy
Msg: 52
Posted: 5/28/2015 5:59:20 PM
"If you want unconditional love seek your family or a domestic pet." LMFAO!!!!!! So funny and soooooo true. No matter how much we would like them to be, our lovers / spouses / friends will NEVER be family.
 witty_gwailo
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2015 9:44:26 AM
I know as I've gotten older I care less about looks than I used to...or rather, I care more about other things than I did when I was younger. Of course there still has to be a physical attraction, but depending on what gets said and how she is as a person/how her mind works, someone who is a 6 or 7 can become a 10, or someone who is a 9 or 10 can become a 2. I also like to try new things when I am out, so the younger generation that seems to revolve around food and nothing else (besides taking pictures of said food) doesn't really work for me.

That said, most of the girls I've gone out with have been younger, and all of them seemed to still be completely wrapped up in what others thought of them, and on looks, hence why things never really did go anywhere a lot of the time. My hope is girls in their 30s have their head on a bit more straight, but I haven't dated any in their 30s yet.
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/2/2015 8:37:59 AM
My opinion is looks never stop mattering. As I get older and look around me at the guys and gals my age who are getting up in years, it strikes me that they are simply not all that attractive . . which is a big reason why I think both sexes give up on relationships and love when single and older. They have no interest in being involved with a person of their own age because the attraction is not there, but they have no realistic possibility of being involved with a more attractive person of a younger age. So people tend to accept their fate and exit the dating scene. Except on POF of course where delusions still abound.
 nopefish
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/2/2015 7:07:19 PM
yup they will go for the good looking jobless loser whos iq is lower than they shoe size any day the week over a normal guy with a job and would really care bout them
 Peas_
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/3/2015 1:55:09 PM
It's still beauty in the eyes of the beholder. Damn, I'm so picky, but it's not like I'm getting many offers anyway. More ugly personalities have come into my life from out from under a bridge I think.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/3/2015 4:20:14 PM

yup they will go for the good looking jobless loser whos iq is lower than they shoe size any day the week over a normal guy with a job and would really care bout them

Some level of physical attraction has to exist in a relationship. I know there are people here who try to deny it, but it's true.

Trying to start a relationship with someone you have no physical attraction to whatsoever is foolish. It can be guaranteed you will either look to someone else to fill that void or you will fantasize about it. There's no way around it.
 nopefish
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/3/2015 4:25:06 PM
ah but see they tell you they do find you attractive and all that and want to meet...untill some one they think is better comes along and the run off find out while he might look a little better ....ever thing eles sucks then they want to come running back and try to get with you like nothing happened.....and thats getting ****ing old cause soon as they see another so called perfect man they run off again only to be disappointed.....and the is getting really old .
 Peas_
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/3/2015 6:47:38 PM
https://youtu.be/WoT1s8zf4LU
 nopefish
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/3/2015 8:22:25 PM
no even remotely funny
 nopefish
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/4/2015 1:10:30 PM
but you know what really pisses me off.when you make plans with someone on here after you talked to them for awhile and they like all for meeting up .....you think....and then the day you supposed to meet you dont here from them ,or you get a message saying something came up and we can do it the next day or coming weekend....and nothing ...zero zip zilch nada....never to be heard from a again ....its like wtf for real....so sick and tired of it...id never do that to some one ...if im not interested i just freaking say so...hope karma kicks them right in the butt
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >