Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why are so many people disillusioned with relationships?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Why are so many people disillusioned with relationships?Page 12 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Unfortunately, there is no place that I know of online to find only good quality women. Too bad we all didn't come with tags on us that fully described who we are so there would be no unpleasant surprises later on, lol.

If all the people around us were great people, then we still have to deal with expectations we have based on how we were raised or by what we learned we desire. Do they have religion in their lives, do they like kids, are they introverts or extroverts, are they high energy or homebodies. None of these things makes a person bad or good as a person, but compatibility issues are important if we want long term relationships, then compatibility becomes more important along with being a decent human being.

Spot4 mentioned something I think is important and feel the same way about. Being okay with alone time. I think all we can do is keep busy and enjoy ourselves while we're looking. Try doing things in groups that have women in it. Join hiking groups or bowling leagues, things like that. Look at meetup.com to find groups of people who get out and do things together. A person can meet someone that way and not be so lonely at the same time.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 277
Why are so many people disillusioned with Canadian TV?
Posted: 6/9/2017 11:35:45 AM
"But you guys have Justin Bieber! "

Ok, now you're just being mean

That was a low blow and you know it
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 278
Why are so many people disillusioned with relationships?
Posted: 6/9/2017 11:38:23 AM

Really, so a guy works a lot of hours and that's a good excuse for a woman or anyone to cheat on their s/o? These are low life women.

Ok you kind of sh!t the bed but you are starting to get it here. It's not an excuse it's a reason. There is a difference just like drugs is the reason johnny killed jake. That doesn't excuse what johnny did but it is a reason. If I just come on here and say she cheated on me, did me wrong, I didn't do nothing wrong, crying with snot rolling down my nose I'm not being honest with you or myself.

If I just bring up the act I leave out the back and forth and neglect to mention my responsibilities. Let's start at the beginning for example let's say me, my ex, you, forums lady , Browneyedboo and spot4username are in a restaurant bar for whatever reason waitting for a table none of us know each other or are together. Ok? So I'm looking for a chick to go out with or what have you right? So I see all you ladies there right? Yet for whatever petty reason maybe even after starting a group conversation with you ladies I choose my ex to make things more private with. She's the devil incarnate and I see all the signs that it is a problem I mean after all those signs are slapping me in the f^cking face over and over after all and I completely exed you probably exceptional ladies out of my equation because of whatever superficial reason I decided that day because I was a stupid idiot tool of a human being. Ok? Can you at least follow me this far with this?

So at the end of the day are all women lying cheating whores OR is it the more likely scenario that I was a superficial stupid tool of a human being that got what was coming to him.

You guys need a better class of women.

You are so close yet so far away here. Ok next time when you are in a group setting with your friends make the statement WE need to find a better class of men. Also maybe WE need to look inside ourselves to fix what a better class of men will want from us. Do you think maybe you could do that? I think you will end up a lot happier the next time if you do hun.
 UnKnownNYMale
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2017 12:05:58 PM
So Jack.....

(I only read the last 3 pages in this thread, but...)

You *do* realize you've wasted a *LOT* of time writing looooong, well thought out, open-minded responses to these women here, right?

I've read *all* of them, in full (on those pages), and let me tell you, they were the most honest, accurate, and non-biased posts I've ever read here.

Bravo!!
 sun___flower
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2017 12:34:16 PM

Ok, now you're just being mean

That was a low blow and you know it

You also have Celine Dion. #twistingtheknife
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 281
Posted: 6/9/2017 12:41:43 PM
I'm not a fan of Celine but at least she has TALENT !

Buble ( who you could've chosen instead of Celine ), on the other hand, reminds me of some guy singing crooner songs in the shower , someone told him to try to get a record deal as a GAG and millions of SUCKERS fell for it. Seriously, when I hear that guy in a store I have to leave , I can't frikkin STAND his voice ! My BS detector goes way off the charts !
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 282
Posted: 6/9/2017 12:45:48 PM

Birds flying high
You know how I feel
Sun in the sky
You know how I feel
Reeds driftin' on by
You know how I feel

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good

I'm feeling good
Fish in the sea
You know how I feel
River running free
You know how I feel
Blossom on the tree
You know how I feel

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good

Dragonfly out in the sun, you know what I mean, don't you know
Butterflies all havin' fun, you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when the day is done, that's what I mean
And this old world is a new world
And a bold world
For me
For me

Stars when you shine
You know how I feel
Scent of…
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 283
Posted: 6/9/2017 12:50:36 PM
But you asked for it Sun Flower :

DONALD TRUMP

In order to maintain the highest quality BS you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 sun___flower
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2017 12:52:58 PM

Buble ( who you could've chosen instead of Celine ), on the other hand, reminds me of some guy singing crooner songs in the shower , someone told him to try to get a record deal as a GAG and millions of SUCKERS fell for it. Seriously, when I hear that guy in a store I have to leave , I can't frikkin STAND his voice ! My BS detector goes way off the charts !

Haha - it's like you read my mind re Michael Buble. I didn't realize he was Canadian though.
 sun___flower
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2017 1:05:10 PM

DONALD TRUMP

He was born in Kenya.

In order to maintain the highest quality country you are restricted to having no more than 0 Trumps as president.

Since 1 of the last presidents is Trump you can not post to this thread.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2017 1:15:50 PM

Too bad we all didn't come with tags on us that fully described who we are so there would be no unpleasant surprises later on, lol.

Part of the reason for my rant is that banking on this magical ingredient list at the time of 'sale' - is bullsh1t.

We are all human beings with an intellect and attitude that CHANGE over time. We GROW in compatibility - or grow apart, depending how well we get along. Treating new people like bad assumptions or caricatures - like primitive cave apes or some big dog that talks - severely limits your own flexibility on how we get along with anyone new.

Whatever you think you may be taking home the first time, is not going to be the same thing after 15 years. Could get worse, but often gets better - IF we take the time to work it out - together.

This Disillusionment thing is happening because people believe they don't HAVE to work at growing into compatibility. They believe the mating game has LITERALLY been made into a video game. We depend on self-regulated profiles and lengthy checklists and wish lists that get plugged into some supercomputer - and it somehow means we can find that 'match' without having to even meet. Never mind that the data in there is constantly inconsistent if not completely false -- As long as we click on what we like - and if that magical percentage number is high enough -- it HAS to work out. Riiiiight? (more sarcasm there)

People get frustrated because they've done this before, they know it all, they don't have to change in any way - because that would be 'settling', and that is a curse word amongst people so buried in insecurity and false pride that it's a full-blown miracle if they are capable of pulling their head out of their own tookus. I compare it to people at a fast-food drive thru demanding that their food look exactly like the picture on the menu - you know damn well it will never be like that. You take the food home and eat it, even if it's soggy or cold or substandard - because you know it's not going to be much better if you try again. Why the hell do people believe online dating should be any different?

You guys need a better class of women.

I'd settle for a mediocre class that doesn't believe they are destined to be a Disney princess.

This crap isn't about 'class' - it's about attitude. People of all categories and incomes and physical dimensions are capable of finding matches - but it's what they have between their own ears that ruins their chances.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2017 1:19:37 PM
Bieber is a jerk, but at least he showed up for that benefit concert in the UK. Buble....he's all about style and playing to a certain genre, so it's not about him having a great voice, sort of like Madonna. Of course Celine has a phenomenal voice, but I do not want to hear that Titanic song anymore, lol. Let us not forget Ryan Gosling, from Ontario!!!! If he wasn't married, and if I was 20 years younger, and 20 pounds thinner, and, and, LOL, I'd tap that!

Sweet Dan, sure, people have to put in the effort to be compatible. When I say compatible, I don't mean perfect. Who has the perfect relationship? At least I don't know anyone that does. It's work to keep it going, or maybe a nicer word would be maintenance. I agree, people change, sure, they can grow together or apart. I don't put a lot of stock in people changing too much, maybe making smaller adjustments. My thing is live and let live. I don't want to put sanctions on a guy. I'm not a complainer to a guy about him and his ways. It's not who I am or who I want to be and no one wants to be the recipient of bitching, so it helps to get along as much as possible with compatibility, but I understand what you are saying.

Butter, I was thinking the same thing. He was a jerk when he canceled meet and greets with people who paid a lot to do that with him. He does that "I want to be alone" thing. He can be alone or do whatever he wants. Rich people's problems, lol.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 288
Posted: 6/9/2017 1:23:07 PM
" Bieber is a jerk, but at least he showed up for that benefit concert "

His agent prolly told him to

He's the poster child of how fame can affect one negatively

In order to maintain the highest quality BS you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 289
Posted: 6/9/2017 3:08:09 PM
There will be no shade thrown at my Justin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys7-6_t7OEQ
 Nestaron
Msg: 290
Posted: 6/9/2017 4:53:25 PM
@spot4username There is a reason for it the women are bitter, negative, and really have nothing nice to say about anyone. If they are not that way their looking for FWB or Hook-ups at 50 like wth grow up so I changed it actually was down to younger than me. New photos wouldn't make an difference as not very photogenic never have been so I dont worry about it much. It's not even about the profile or lack of success I dont recall saying ever I had a problem. Actually never discussed it more like discussed the women's attitudes and how they act with me when their out.

My profile is what it is written out of self amusement that is all cause I really dont think much about it anymore. Women showed me they wouldn't read it so I removed the original one last year cause they didn't take the time to read it. All they cared about were the pictures and how they looked. No reference to anything in profile only what I made and what did I do for a living, one surprised me asked about fragrance free 104 messages and one asks about how severe my allergy is nice ratio. So 2k women and I would have maybe 20 asking about my profile wow nice odds.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 291
Posted: 6/9/2017 5:46:47 PM
Quality attracts quality. I too am surprised all of a sudden Nest is woman bashing.
You bet all I care is about pictures when I shop on line... who would drop money without them?
I am shocked Nest
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2017 8:12:35 PM

Quality attracts quality.

And unreal expectations attracts unreal people.
 Nestaron
Msg: 293
Posted: 6/9/2017 8:43:50 PM
It's built up frustration and no where else to write it my thoughts. Now now ladies I am sure if we went through your diaries we might find really unpleasant things, and occasion I am sure you vented about some guys. Lets not act all innocent the only difference is I was out of paper and no where to get it out of my head. It wasn't my intent to hurt anyone's feelings just more like a rant tirade brought on by real life sh!t that actually had to do with a few previously mentioned ladies. They stirred the pot and it boiled over when they should have left it alone. I know I shouldn't allow them to get me annoyed and upset and since I usually write how I feel at a particular time it sort of came out bitter, and jaded cause I am really pissed at them.
 Nestaron
Msg: 294
Posted: 6/9/2017 8:55:05 PM
And then something like this comes in and your like wth... I mean seriously? This is what I am talking about before I mean I am all for women's sexuality and stuff but comeon. This kinda stuff I usually just laugh at but when majority of them are like this you wonder.

Jason, Hi Cutie!
My husband is out of town and I really want to get f*cked by a sexy stranger;)
Are you interested in having an affair?
I saw you so I thought I'd say hi..
 NewYorker58
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2017 9:01:28 PM
That invite actually sounds scary to me, LOL!!!! That's not a normal woman. If you followed it up, you would find out something more is going on. Could even be some kind of trap.

I hope I can say something without it being upsetting. I see you said you are not photogenic. I think you're a nice looking guy. I think you need a new haircut. It would make all the difference. Please don't be upset that I said that.

You can be bitter here:) Just don't talk to women like that. Don't get beat down by not dating. Seek outside sources for dating. I don't have to tell you it's hard to date here.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 296
Posted: 6/9/2017 9:28:31 PM
The big farce is men not admitting great sex really does matter and women not admitting that a man's status is a powerful aphrodisiac.
 spot4username
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2017 5:17:10 AM

The big farce is men not admitting great sex really does matter

I don't think I have ever met a man or a woman who didn't readily admit that great sex matters.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2017 7:01:06 AM
Successful men are attractive and who doesn't like good sex?
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 299
Posted: 6/10/2017 7:36:11 AM

The big farce is men not admitting great sex really does matter and women not admitting that a man's status is a powerful aphrodisiac.

I guess he would have to expand on it because when I try real hard on it I can see a direction he may be taking on this but it's his baby so I don't really know.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2017 8:11:39 AM

Successful men are attractive and who doesn't like good sex?

That brings up one very good point. Being a success isn't always a paying proposition. I have been told by several, that I could be a great engineer. I envision the finished product, see flaws, and failure points. Build without written plans. Create things that few can. I consider myself a success.

What I couldn't do, is hack the math. Why draw it up when I could see in my mind. I didn't feel like sitting on my a$$ in a classroom, listening to mindless drivel, nor read up on boring text that could never be applied to anything I'd be interested in doing. Writing up papers that took hours to do, that was just scanned for a moment, was a huge waste of time, as I saw it. Paying out thousands for one piece of paper that said I suffered through the mindless busy work, wasn't worth it, in my opinion.

So what did I end up with? Well, I never had a boring job. Or, in more simple terms, I never had a job. I do what I love, and it's just by chance that people pay me for my fun. My days fly by. I never watch the clock, because I don't have to.

But, women don't look at it that way. They struggled, and they expected me to do the same. But I won't. I accept what I have. I'm satisfied with what I am. Envy of what others have, doesn't exist in me. What you have, is great. Congratulations. Be happy. Excuse me for not wanting what you have. Flaunting what you have, to me is a wasted effort. (But I won't say a thing to you, nor put you down for it) I won't rain on your parade. Have a ball, I'll celebrate with you, but you'll never know I don't care.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why are so many people disillusioned with relationships?