Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why are so many people disillusioned with relationships?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 301
Why are so many people disillusioned with relationships?Page 13 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
It's uncanny

The chicks with good jobs are bad lovers and not very attractive

And they spend their disposable income on themselves

I'm better off with a hawt broke chick that can shag at least
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 302
Why are so many people disillusioned with relationships?
Posted: 6/10/2017 10:07:36 AM

It's uncanny

Yep that is the direction I thought he was taking. Good point, touche.

Well what if we looked at it like this. The broke girl, A has a lot more riding on the providing of good sex. and B she has a lot more time to concentrate on the giving of good sex. Today we have good examples of sugar mamas and stay at home d!ck to say that a person who is stay at home has the time to put effort into the sex of the relationship to make the sex with them better as the provider is going to be like if the sex isn't worth sh!t what do I got you for.

This is an age old argument I think most couples have had as I have looked at a partner and thought I put in these hours today for you to sit around eating bon bons and slip in here in some sweat pants? Really? You bring it up and they look at you like you are crazy so me I went so far as I took vacation time so I could get time off and got them a temp job via someone I knew and told them they had to take it and work it and if they started to refuse I started packing their sh!t.

Of course they were pissed but went and I called to make sure they showed up on time. I sat around doing what I wanted all day and fireman outfit or what the f^ck ever and f^cked the living sh!t out of them when they got home. Do that for the first week then the second week I would sweatpants it and bon bons all day. The cussing and screaming I heard for that last week will last anyone a lifetime. A little role reversal will go a long long way people. If they don't get the point after that then they never will and you should just call it quits and start packing their sh!t.
 ohenryx
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2017 10:32:17 AM

ClooneysTutor
It's uncanny

Hmmm… I don’t agree, at all. My initial thought was to try and come up with a good way to refute this. I thought of searching for some valid counter arguments, but it strikes me there probably is no valid scientific or statistical data to be found. Anything written on this subject is almost certainly going to be anecdotal in nature.

So – just based on my personal experiences, and the things I have seen and heard from the people that I know. A woman with a “good job” is no more likely to be a “bad lover” than your average “broke chick”. Rather to the opposite. The woman with a good job is more likely to be intelligent and educated. And intelligent women are often more inventive, in bed and out of bed.

The “hawt broke chick” may try harder to please you, because she wants you to keep coming back and spending money on her. But I would much rather have a woman who desires me for my personality, my intelligence, my sense of humor, and yes my enormous whanger than for my pocketbook.

And it has not been my experience that women with good jobs spend their disposable incomes on themselves. Certainly, some women do, but not all. I find it regrettable that (some) women who make significantly more than I do want me to pay for all of the initial dates. But I blame society which has conditioned them to think that way. And every woman I’ve ever dated has been willing to meet me halfway once we get past the “initial dating” stage.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2017 11:18:49 AM
Henry, you do know these faceless, profileless, men are trolls? They say inflammatory things about women because they're misogynists, and that's their reason for being here and that's why they will always be alone.

What exactly is a broke woman? It's just one more way to demean a woman. Really, it doesn't matter to these loser men, because if she's broke she's bad, and if she had money she's bad. See the pattern here? There's good and bad in every economic level. Women who make money spend it on themselves so they're no good. Women who have no money, well, they just want to leech off of men with money, so they're no good. See the pattern yet? Don't let these unhappy, women-hating men, drag you down to their level, which is in the gutter. They use their fake profiles to make generalized nasty statements about women, because women have been smart enough not to date them.

The misogynists here have multiple profiles so they can make believe there are other women hating men here that support them. They try to give validity to what they're saying by repeating it under different fake profiles. These are sick people.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 305
Posted: 6/10/2017 11:24:02 AM

The woman with a good job is more likely to be intelligent and educated.

I don't know about that. Educated sure maybe, intelligent is a broad generalization. Is a man with a better job than you more intelligent? He might be more educated but sometimes that isn't even the case. There are more than one kind of intelligence. I have often looked across a table at someone in a position and wondered how in the world they got there because they sure don't belong where they are. There are CEOs who didn't graduate junior high.

The “hawt broke chick” may try harder to please you

There you go right there. Let's face facts we all have the same basic equipment it isn't rocket science put the round peg in the round hole. The one major difference between one person to the next is effort. That's why when two people are really in love the sex is better because they care about their partner and want to put the effort into them. The whole love can fade thing is real but it is because we take people for granted and it is the same mundane thing everyday after a period of time but if you hold a mirror to someone and they see what you see they are more likely to adjust themselves to what they want you to see because they didn't realize the image they were projecting. That is if they still care about you. If you see they don't care well then why should you.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 306
Posted: 6/10/2017 11:42:32 AM

Henry, you do know these faceless, profileless, men are trolls? They say inflammatory things about women because they're misogynists, and that's their reason for being here and that's why they will always be alone.

What exactly is a broke woman? It's just one more way to demean a woman. Really, it doesn't matter to these loser men, because if she's broke she's bad, and if she had money she's bad. See the pattern here? There's good and bad in every economic level. Women who make money spend it on themselves so they're no good. Women who have no money, well, they just want to leech off of men with money, so they're no good. See the pattern yet? Don't let these unhappy, women-hating men, drag you down to their level, which is in the gutter. They use their fake profiles to make generalized nasty statements about women, because women have been smart enough not to date them.

The misogynists here have multiple profiles so they can make believe there are other women hating men here that support them. They try to give validity to what they're saying by repeating it under different fake profiles. These are sick people.

Look miss there's no reason to cheat, talk sh!tty, or hit a woman. I think you really need to put your ego in check a bit because every time you open your mouth there is another reason being added to all these men's lists.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 307
Posted: 6/10/2017 1:01:47 PM

The woman with a good job is more likely to be intelligent and educated.

I find it regrettable that (some) women who make significantly more than I do want me to pay for all of the initial dates.

But I blame society which has conditioned them to think that way.

Isn't blaming "society" a copout?

People do have free choice in Western society, so wouldn't an "intelligent" and "educated" woman be able to think for herself and be resistant to societal "conditioning", rather than simply function in a Stepford manner?
 gtomustang
Msg: 308
Posted: 6/10/2017 6:10:11 PM
Jackie C, sometimes your posts remind me of a former poster here named IG, but he's happily married and gone, so its just me. I will agree, GENERALLY the person making mo' money has the degree to do it with. I have a friend who advises individuals who's net worth begins at $5 mill, but even she has no idea how she got the job, she doesn't have a degree in it and the fellows who do, want her job. Personality wise, she has no hobbies or interests and she's on disability with vasticularitous and is going nuts trying to find things to do. but she still has her 18 yr old figure and i'd love to give her great sex :) If that's what you want from a person, you can overlook the rest of the substance or lack thereof. Just like i'm watching the movie "Ghostrider" on TV, not b/c its a classic movie, but b/c Eva Mendez loves showing off her figure when she can :)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Why are so many people disillusioned with Canadian TV?
Posted: 6/10/2017 6:23:31 PM
I cant understand why Michael Buble's voice would cause such a negative reaction lol!! I think he has been a foul mouthed smart ass on the interviews I saw him do but hopefully he has matured since then. I have his music, I like it. I on the other hand cant stand Celine Dion's voice and wonder at her success. She and Mariah Carey, both a mystery to me. But horses for courses.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 310
Posted: 6/10/2017 7:02:53 PM
I prefer the titanic theme music - without Celine Dion singing - her voice is annoying
Some of Mariah Carey songs are ok, but not all of them
Taylor Swift was a lovely country girl, singing nice songs - look at her now - she's not the nice young lady, she once was - diva mentality has set in and fame has corrupted her
 SilverWings2017
Msg: 311
Posted: 6/11/2017 5:19:37 AM
Haha. I think Celine Dion's voice is annoying too. Some women just have a tone of voice that is irritating.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 312
Posted: 6/11/2017 6:08:12 AM
Mariah can hit 5 out of 8 octaves - she has a beautiful voice
Celine is nearly yelling - there was a funny spoof in which she kept saying " I can sing louder than you"
And we have Abel :)

Gee.. I should answer this message. not. Not a spelling cop but
"You are gourgees dear"
 NewYorker58
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2017 6:27:15 AM
Yes, Mariah has a beautiful voice! Whitney Houston did also. My two favorites.
 cooldog65
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Why are so many people disillusioned with illusions?
Posted: 6/11/2017 12:05:11 PM
Minnie Riperton would have sung Mariah off the stage.
 swedishtextiles
Msg: 315
Posted: 6/11/2017 12:08:12 PM
Patti Lu Pone puts them all in the shade!
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2017 12:11:22 PM
Back to the OP. Why are so many people disillusioned with relationships?

It's because romantic relationships have been devalued in today's globalized, connected world. People in jobs are not only much more replaceable, better candidates always found, but people in relationships are also much more replaceable than they used to be.

TVs that we used to repair and keep for a decade or so now get tossed in the trash the first sign of trouble. Get a new one. Our throw away society applies to people too. People in jobs and relationships.

Today's connected society benefits consumers....and in a relationship the "consumer" is usually the one who is always looking for something new, or an upgrade. When that person is found, the old one is tossed aside. Back in the day, the pond was much smaller, so that person had a tougher time upgrading...so s/he appreciated his mate much more. Now, not so much. It's a lot easier to dump him/her for that new model.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 317
Posted: 6/12/2017 1:14:49 PM

Back to the OP. Why are so many people disillusioned with relationships?

It's because romantic relationships have been devalued in today's globalized, connected world. People in jobs are not only much more replaceable, better candidates always found, but people in relationships are also much more replaceable than they used to be.

TVs that we used to repair and keep for a decade or so now get tossed in the trash the first sign of trouble. Get a new one. Our throw away society applies to people too. People in jobs and relationships.

Today's connected society benefits consumers....and in a relationship the "consumer" is usually the one who is always looking for something new, or an upgrade. When that person is found, the old one is tossed aside. Back in the day, the pond was much smaller, so that person had a tougher time upgrading...so s/he appreciated his mate much more. Now, not so much. It's a lot easier to dump him/her for that new model.

I would agree it is a throw away society and nothing much is important to a lot people anymore, including relationships...a lot don't care enough...some have kids and they don't really want a man, apart from a man with money to pay for them and spoil those kids...the man get's nothing out of that arrangement and it costs him a lot of time and energy...mugs walking into the abyss of misery...he will never be in the top five of their list of priorities, who knows why any normal man, puts himself in that position? she will only dump him when the money runs out, or when another guy with more money comes along...Or the pure gold digger who wants a mans wallet and not his heart...when the money is gone...guess what? so is the gold digger...the throw away society we live in
 xbrooklynx
Msg: 318
Posted: 6/13/2017 2:15:53 AM
Hi I believe you for real
 Maleman999
Msg: 319
Posted: 6/13/2017 4:55:49 AM

...he will never be in the top five of their list of priorities, who knows why any normal man, puts himself in that position?

Thar reminds me of profiles from single parents that say "My kids are my whole life and they will always come first." That's fine that your kids well being come first and most people would expect that in a parent, but emphasizing it also advertises that any potential partner will always be dead last in the priority list. Who would want to sign up for that type of deal, except for the very desperate? There needs to be a balance where everybody in a person's life is a priority.
 gtomustang
Msg: 320
disillusion can be found in dis mirror
Posted: 6/13/2017 5:37:42 AM
there should be a different saying, "my kids come first but you'll come often"? :)

I suspect people are putting this on their profile b/c they keep finding partners who want to get laid when they feel like it, and not have the kids be in the way. I don't think there's a book on OLD that tells single parents they need to put this on their profile. Maybe people put this on their profile, b/c they keep dating the fun person, and then find the fun person can't understand why, as a single parent, they in turn can't be fun all the time.
 spot4username
Msg: 321
view profile
History
disillusion can be found in dis mirror
Posted: 6/13/2017 5:54:22 AM

there should be a different saying, "my kids come first but you'll come often"? :)

NO. This should never, ever, ever be a saying.
 2ufo2
Msg: 322
Posted: 6/13/2017 8:45:31 AM

Thar reminds me of profiles from single parents that say "My kids are my whole life and they will always come first." That's fine that your kids well being come first and most people would expect that in a parent, but emphasizing it also advertises that any potential partner will always be dead last in the priority list. Who would want to sign up for that type of deal, except for the very desperate? There needs to be a balance where everybody in a person's life is a priority.

Kids should come first -- when they're young and need their parent/s.
Parents who's kids come first when the kids are teenagers or older -- that's simply a pathetic parent and I usually pity the kid. I want to tell the parent to 'get out, get a life and stop supporting/picking up after your kid'.
The whole idea of being a parent is to raise a functioning adult - someone who doesn't need parental attention anymore.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 323
Posted: 6/13/2017 9:00:33 AM
I used to date a woman who would cut our time short to go pick up her 19 year old up from night school.

Heaven forbid he could take the bus so that we could spend more time together.

I'm a bit leery dating moms even if their kids are full grown as a result.
 2ufo2
Msg: 324
Posted: 6/13/2017 10:23:04 AM
^^^
You'd be right to be leery of single moms... except for me, of course.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 325
Posted: 6/13/2017 12:05:07 PM

"My kids are my whole life and they will always come first."

Men might as well consider, single mothers as causal dates and not get heavily involved with them, because a sensible guy knows, that they will never be, important enough to those women and she will never have enough time for him...best to keep things fun and no strings with a single mother and nothing more...don't get caught in trap of misery and a unfulfilling relationship
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why are so many people disillusioned with relationships?